The telephone booth of the Heapers' Hangout

2»

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tachyon said:

most American payphones i've seen on TV and in pictures have been the open air kind without any roof

That sounds about right to me. Especially in suburban or rural areas, where it's assumed most people will be driving instead of walking, the payphones tend to be positioned so that you could pull up your car and use the phone.

Of course, payphones are also rapidly disappearing in America, Maroon 5 notwithstanding...
  • Tachyon said:

US versions are typically 3-side rectangular panels at 90 degree angles.

They're usually covered in advertising.

something like this?

most American payphones i've seen on TV and in pictures have been the open air kind without any roof
    Yeah, like that.
  • edited 2014-01-12 17:15:29
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

>Pick up the phone booth

You grunt with all your might and heave the phone booth onto your shoulders.  For a moment or two it looks as if you're not going to be able to lift it, but heroically you finally lift it high in the air!  Seconds later, however, you topple underneath the weight, and the booth crushes you fatally.  Geez!  Didn't I tell you not to pick up the phone booth?!  Isn't the name of this very game "Pick Up The Phone Booth and Die"?!  Man, you're dense.  No big loss to humanity, I tell ya.

*** You have died ***