knotty conversation about transhumanism n' nationalism n' stuff

13»

Comments

• edited 2014-01-07 18:13:20
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    no Miko is evidently cool with sterilizing people, since apparently people in this society will be unable to breed
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Tachyon said:

no Miko is evidently cool with sterilizing people, since apparently people in this society will be unable to breed

But then how are there any more new people?
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    robots are creating them
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    just idk whatever

i'm done here regardless, you don't have to respond to anything
  • edited 2014-01-07 18:18:29
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Do the Robots do a good job, and make all kinds of different people (some are short, some are tall ,some are autistic, some are neurotypical, and each one has an individual personality)?

If so, I don't really see the problem; so long as the results of robot creation are the same as that of human creation (well, except that there's no more death through childbirth, and associated diseases that can be passed by pregnancy).

And assuming that the bad people can be educated to become nicer in this ideal society, I guess I don't really see the problem.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Well, then why would you need robots? Just have a better society and have people be people, just comfortable, safe and well-educated so they treat each other well and don't suffer so much.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)

Well, then why would you need robots? Just have a better society and have people be people, just comfortable, safe and well-educated so they treat each other well and don't suffer so much.

Because Pregnancy hurts, and if we can get a machine to do that instead of having mothers have to put up with loads of discomfort, then heck yeah.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I think this thread has outlived its usefulness by now...
This discussion has been closed.