Funny and TRUE XD XD

2»

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    maths was the worst subject for me as well

i never really did get good at it

in secondary school i was adequate at it
  • i am amazing at math once i have a calculator there is no math i cant do

well that used to be the case, i'm rusty now on calc and some algebra stuff due to my not having practiced at all for like 2 years
  • Math drills do not work, and there is virtually no reason to make people learn mental math (there are very, very, very few jobs in the world where you will need to use math and not be allowed to use a calculator). Makes it all the more painful for me that my little brothers have to go through them.

lolwut

Mental math is extremely useful.  It lets you estimate costs and know when cashiers fuck up.

We had a reasonably easy set of drills, but the teacher was also cool about disabilities and such.

• Bee said:

Math drills do not work, and there is virtually no reason to make people learn mental math (there are very, very, very few jobs in the world where you will need to use math and not be allowed to use a calculator). Makes it all the more painful for me that my little brothers have to go through them.

lolwut

Mental math is extremely useful.  It lets you estimate costs and know when cashiers fuck up.

We had a reasonably easy set of drills, but the teacher was also cool about disabilities and such.

Rounding isn't hard. I meant more fraction multiplication/division drills and such.

and my larger point was that they don't work for a lot of people (a majority quite possibly).
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Grownup sports are boring.

Their should be national Capture The Flag teams.
  • Ludmila said:

the face of horror

man, I should finish naya's quest.

terry cavanagh is great