Funny and TRUE XD XD

edited 2013-10-19 12:41:35 in General
Quoth every commenter on a conservative's comedic video.

Comments

• "but now I'm gonna stop being funny for a minute to tell you what's REALLY wrong with the world"
  • Ludmila said:

"but now I'm gonna stop being funny for a minute to tell you what's REALLY wrong with the world"

"I hate this everyone gets a trophy attitude! Why is it that we're rewarding small children for being dedicated and sticking with sports rather than how it used to be, when we rewarded them for having natural talent that they didn't in any way work for?"
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    so The Incredibles then
  • so The Incredibles then

what
    when everyone's special, no-one is
  • edited 2013-10-19 12:55:16

when everyone's special, no-one is

There are a lot of (idiots) in the US who complain about every kid on a children's sports team getting trophies because who cares they're conservative idiots.

That's what I was referring to.
    ok
  • BeeBee
    edited 2013-10-19 22:36:37
    Participation trophies seems kind of excessive to me.  Medals, sure.  But trophies are usually more expensive to make, and the sports teams that have that "yay everyone wins at least some!" attitude tend to also have crazy tight budgets.
  • We're talking about elementary school kids here.
    stickers for effort
  • Yeah so am I.  My elementary school could barely afford to stay open, much less give fucking trophies to everyone on the soccer team.
    everybody has won, and all must have prizes
    really i don't see why they need material prizes for kids who didn't win anything

just congratulate them if they played well
  • Bee said:

Yeah so am I.  My elementary school could barely afford to stay open, much less give fucking trophies to everyone on the soccer team.

Alright, so the budget would prohibit that kind of thing, calm down. I wasn't complaining about not wanting everyone to get trophies because they were expensive, I was complaining about people who think that giving everyone trophies somehow devalues elementary school athleticism.
    like me! :D
    (rlly tho i don't much care about this)
  • really i don't see why they need material prizes for kids who didn't win anything

just congratulate them if they played well

Because it really freaking sucks being one of the few kids on the soccer team who has no natural athletic talent and is never given the ball and is always put as far away from the ball as possible at all times (can't have these eight year olds embarrassing our prestigious teams, can we?) and getting a trophy alleviates that to an extent.
  • I mean, I don't even dislike playing sports, it's just that a myriad of attitudes towards them- "stupid liberals and their everyone gets a trophy crap" included- pretty heavily dissuaded me from participating in them.
    some eight year olds are more athletic than others, it's not arbitrary and it's not a question of natural talent

if you were talking about kindergarteners or even first graders i'd be less inclined to disagree but even then trophies seems extravagant
  • Cutxerk said:

stupid liberals and their everyone gets a trophy crap

man has like anybody even said this since the late 90s / early oughties?
  • Cutxerk said:

man has like anybody even said this since the late 90s / early oughties?
    YES.
  • man like

how can you muster up a single fuck to give about a stupid-ass trophy and who does or doesn't get one
    it's a metaphor

we are actually discussing affirmative action and free healthcare
  • some eight year olds are more athletic than others, it's not arbitrary and it's not a question of natural talent

It's not completely arbitrary but it's altogether too reliant on just having a naturally better build to make any sort of athleticism at that age matter. Especially considering the point of having these kinds of activities in elementary school is partially to prepare kids for high school sports, teaching things like cooperation and dedication is a lot more important than making non athletic kids feel bad.
    if you were talking about kindergarteners or even first graders i'd be less inclined to disagree but even then trophies seems extravagant
    I'm not disagreeing that it's a bit extravagant, except for the fact that most of the time the trophies given are made of cheap plastic.
  • edited 2013-10-19 22:57:56

man like

how can you muster up a single fuck to give about a stupid-ass trophy and who does or doesn't get one
    Because lolsouthernconservativeparents.

Unless you're talking about me, in which case lolpentupfrustrationwithsoutherncultureanditsstillcontinuingnegativeeffectsonmewhichstartedveryearlyoninmylife.
    stupid conservatives and their no child left behind crap
  • like i can see caring if like it's the olympics or some shit but some stupid plastic piece of shit for an 8th grader?

hell, the schools could just hand them out for free just for showing up each day

you know if they did they might stop buying increasingly useless textbooks to replace the ones they already have

like i shit you not every couple of years they make new algebra textbooks and the schools buy them and every successive iteration is worse at imparting knowledge

trigonometry has important real life applications

like measuring the area of a bandana for your border collie
  • edited 2013-10-19 23:00:46

lol places south of Red Wing
  • so anyways the school keeps on forking out for shit books while the kids eat food that is marginally better than cardboard and the teachers get paid jack shit and art programs get cut
    PE is important

often too much emphasis is placed on sports over other equally important subjects, that is true
  • let's face it, even if it could potentially be good, as it stands PE is actually literally utterly useless
  • because while being physically fit is important PE does nothing to make you physically fit or encourage fitness at all
    i don't agree with that

maybe our PE lessons were different
  • i would assume as such
  • are participation trophies even a real thing? I've never seen them. Participation medals (usually made out of a cheap-ass slab of tin) sure, but never trophies.
  • Ludmila said:

are participation trophies even a real thing? I've never seen them. Participation medals (usually made out of a cheap-ass slab of tin) sure, but never trophies.

also this
  • i have a participation ribbon from middle school in my desk drawer somewhere.
  • i don't agree with that

did you scoot around on a chair with wheels all day and throw balls at other children?

I just described Crab Dodgeball, a very popular PE sport.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2013-10-19 23:24:13
    All of my PE classes were utterly useless for physical fitness, yeah.  Most of the games we played where you actually had to move around got banned by paranoid parents who didn't want Little Timmy to get a boo-boo.

^ That, for instance, got banned because some idiot ran over his own finger with the chair's wheels.  For four of the seven years I was there, nobody in the school was allowed to use the pile of rollerboards in the gym closet.
  • PE games are either "move exactly one inch per hour" or "all of you can just fucking kill each other now", there is no in-between.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    *gives everyone iron cups full of Brunswick stew*
  • edited 2013-10-19 23:25:14

^ ^ ^ man ngl that's gay as hell
    Ludmila said:

i don't agree with that

did you scoot around on a chair with wheels all day and throw balls at other children?

no we played football and regular dodgeball and we had activities like jogging, skipping and trips to the local swimming pool
  • edited 2013-10-19 23:29:26

as much as i'm ragging on it PE was an ok-ish class for me, even if i wasn't good at it

math was the worst

we has these mad-minute things you had to do, no calculator and due to my learning disabled-ness i could never complete any of the problems that required multiplying numbers that weren't 1, 0 or 5 so i was held back in math

for years

everyone knew, everyone laughed at me

and then of course we got to high school and we got calculators and i aced IB calculus so i guess it all worked out in the end
    there was also rounders, which was admittedly rather tedious
  • Ludmila said:

i don't agree with that

no we played football and regular dodgeball and we had activities like jogging, skipping and trips to the local swimming pool
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

grownup sports in a PE class, how silly.

I think the closest we ever came to dodgeball was a thing called Warball where you were actually not allowed to move for long periods of time. It was like dodgeball mixed with freeze tag, dumb game.
  • as much as i'm ragging on it PE was an ok-ish class for me, even if i wasn't good at it

math was the worst

we has these mad-minute things you had to do, no calculator and due to my learning disabled-ness i could never complete any of the problems that required multiplying numbers that weren't 1, 0 or 5 so i was held back in math

for years

everyone knew, everyone laughed at me

and then of course we got to high school and we got calculators and i aced IB calculus so i guess it all worked out in the end
    Math drills do not work, and there is virtually no reason to make people learn mental math (there are very, very, very few jobs in the world where you will need to use math and not be allowed to use a calculator). Makes it all the more painful for me that my little brothers have to go through them.