The Zestpoole's Adventure discussion thread thingamibob

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Oh geez, the switch puzzle.  It was supposed to be easy, but somehow i really bungled it.

In the next update the switches will start out in the only logical position for them to be in at present.  Whenever anything that happens now contradicts anything that happened in 2012, please ignore the 2012 stuff because it was bad and it was stupid and i made a complete pig's ear of the whole thing.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    aww, but I was keeping track of their positions. :o
    Yes, i was afraid of that.  i'm sorry, i really messed them up and made them much more confusing than they ought to be.

At present, switches 1 and 3 should be up and switch 2 should be down.  Any other positions would not make sense.  If that information makes you want to revise your command before this evening's update, please go ahead (although i think your command is a good one the way it is).
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    oh, I thought you meant the orange switches. ^_^ I kept track of those, too. umm, anyway, I wanted all three levers to be down, yes. :o I think their functions are fairly obvious.
  • edited 2014-05-02 15:22:10
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Ah, ok. :)

The orange lights are working exactly as intended.  It was the row of 3 switches i screwed up.
    bump for update

gifs are hard :V
  • your art has improved
    Thanks!  That's unexpected, but gratifying to hear.

i won't lie though, i put more time into this one than is probably reasonable to spend on crappy mspaint art.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I am tempted to, later on in this adventure, demand that you perform SEPULCHRITUDE! to wild cheers.
  • Not if I do it first! :P
    i am totally down with making Problem Sleuth references if you guys want those.

i am glad that Imi liked the gif.  Thanks Imi.

Also just a heads up, i am going to be fairly busy over the weeks up to Christmas so updates will be fairly slow, but things hopefully will move faster once i have all my resits submitted.
    thread updated... a few days later than intended

i was going for a Napoleon pose in the first pic, but she's not really dressed for it
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I kinda wish Zestpoole could actually meet some other characters
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    For some reason, when I click the link in the first post back there, I am taken to a version of HH where I am not logged in and cannot log in. I don't really understand. 

Anyway, it looks really amusing and I quite like the idea of it all and do enjoy your MS Painting there. :P
  • edited 2015-01-18 00:56:31
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

I kinda wish Zestpoole could actually meet some other characters

i know, that hasn't happened in a while, sorry. i did wonder if things were getting a bit boring.

Honestly though, i didn't anticipate we'd be hanging around in this area for so long, or i'd have made it a bit more populated... i think once i get onto a more frequent update schedule the pace will pick up and new characters will be introduced more often. That's the plan.

Thanks for the feedback.

For some reason, when I click the link in the first post back there, I am taken to a version of HH where I am not logged in and cannot log in. I don't really understand. 

Anyway, it looks really amusing and I quite like the idea of it all and do enjoy your MS Painting there. :P

The link goes to www.heapershangout.com whereas you are presumably logged in to heapershangout.com. i'm not sure why there are two versions of the site, i think one is the mobile version or something? You should be able to log in there the same way you log in here, anyway.

And thanks. :)
    i'm able to log in to the other version of the site as normal, fwiw.

But if you can't, this link will take you to the start of the thread on this version of the site.

@lee4hmz is there any reason you know of why a user might be able to log in to one version of the site and not the other?

Also, why are there the two versions, again?
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    Huh, odd. Thanks for the link to the thread on this version, though!
    You're welcome.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    It's because the site uses cookies to verify your logon, and cookies are per-hostname.
    That's why signing in on the one means you're not signed in on the other, right?  But if you're registered, you should be able to sign in on either site, shouldn't you?
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Yeah, you should. At some point, we should pick one, and make the other redirect to it.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    lee4hmz said:

Yeah, you should. At some point, we should pick one, and make the other redirect to it.

imho pick the one without the www.  wrap it up wwwailures
    upderpt
    Yarrun, i'm afraid you've stumped me this time.  Dancing gods?
    ah, of course

i'm dumb ^_^;
    though i may as well say it now, Zesty still can't climb a ladder and perform the Caramelldansen at the same time, water or no, if that's what you were after
    OK cool, we can do that.  You were too poetic for me, or i wasn't poetic enough.
    Just wanted to note that i edited a few of the older posts in the adventure because absent linebreaks after certain images were irritating me.  The content of the posts is otherwise unchanged.
    A couple people have asked me if/when i'm going to start this up again, and i've also had 2 people tell me that, they'd be interested in a new Zestpoole thread, but not in catching up with the existing one.

For my part, i feel that i kind of took too long over the thread, there's a lot in there that i would have done differently if i were starting it again now, as well as jokes and references that really don't make sense anymore, things that are about 3 years out of date.  But i had fun making it, and other people seemed to have fun as well.

Anyway, i've been thinking about, kinda, maybe starting a new Zestpoole adventure?  Probably not immediately, i'd want some time to plan it a bit more beforehand, but i have some ideas for it.

And i was wondering, how would you guys feel about that?
    I would be very cool with that. I will still be giving you the most ludicrous instructions, though.
    ZESTPOOLE LIVES
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Zestpoole
    if you Google Zestpoole, this thread is, like, the third result.

was for me, anyway
    if none of the instructions were ludicrous i'd be disappointed, Sredni :p

well, cool.  this is happening, then.

if you Google Zestpoole, this thread is, like, the third result.

was for me, anyway

incidentally i tried this, and it was the 4th result

the 2nd was that one pic of Zestpoole punching me in the face

the motherheap, the Blingee Zestpoole and Sakuya-named-Zestpoole (uploaded by one Spain Sun) also made the first page of results
    basically we're the only people ever who care about the name Zestpoole.

Thank you Jumpingzombie, wherever you are.
    yay blingee cow!
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Zestpoole

This was not meant to be the entirety of that post but my mobile phone had other ideas

"Zestpoole reigns!"
    IN BLOOD
    *most metal tremolo picking solo ensues*
  • edited 2015-09-19 04:59:47
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    damn right.
  • Maybe come up with some way to make it less labor intensive on your part? Maybe illustrate more sparingly or get someone else to help or something
    The antinatalist shark must make a cameo. That was one of my favourite gags.