Movies

13»

Comments

• he's a boring-ass skinny white douche in a hoodie, 1/10 would not bang
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis

touchofgrey37:

pocketaimee:

We can’t forget about Chuck!

Also: Comrade Squid is my new favorite.

Edit: reposted this do to sizing issues.

CAN THIS JUST BE THE OFFICIAL SEQUEL?!

Pacific Rim 2: Where the fuck is the shore I can’t find it good lord someone get me a GPS

I'd totes watch this.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Maybe it would have been better if they didn't switch the lead designer halfway through.

Are you referring to Brenda Chapman? Because there was an article about her not long after
    Brave first came out. Obviously she wasn't happy at getting the boot, but she was actually okay with the finished film. She felt that her original vision still came through.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Speaking of her, should I watch The Prince of Egypt?

It's too bad that DreamWorks quit doing traditional; they had a nice house style (a more angular version of Disney's)...
  • Anonus said:

Speaking of her, should I watch The Prince of Egypt?

dduuuuuuu eeeeeettt

I was OK with the Prince of Egypt.

Didn't think it was amazing or anything like that. 
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    I would have preferred it taking less from The Ten Commandments, especially Ramesses the Great as Moses's brother, which makes no historical sense.

Moses sang quite a bit for a dude with a speech impediment. 

Another aspect that's kind of silly:

Remember that time I had a bunch of peasant children killed? Put that shit on a wall somewhere. I want to bask in the glory of rampant death of the innocent. 
  • Justice42 said:

Another aspect that's kind of silly:

Remember that time I had a bunch of peasant children killed? Put that shit on a wall somewhere. I want to bask in the glory of rampant death of the innocent. 
    it never crossed my mind how silly this was before

darnit
  • Watched Anvil! The Story of Anvil

Which is surprisingly inspirational for a movie in which the lines that
    do not contain the word "fuck" could be counted by fingers on one hand

• So I've actually watched Equestria Girls.

Aside of the badness inherent in making MLP characters look like humans, it wasn't that bad. Though it definitely looks like a fanfic. Perhaps the writers have read a few
    There are some good humanizations, and humanizing the ponies in fan-art well predates this movie. My favorites are Kreoss's.

I still haven't watched this movie...
  • I know that it pre-dates the movie, but, frankly, I've never cared for that

Friday watched it and enjoyed it for the most part.

Lain enjoyed dancing to the music.

On a related topic, it's nice to get her into a cartoon she won't grow up to re-watch and find she was a moron.

I'm, of course, speaking of Friday.
    I saw Despicable Me 2

Despicable Me was not one of those movies that needed a sequel, this was a blatant cash-grab and it felt so phoned-in and predictable as opposed to the warmth and heart that the original had. [It also smashed whatever empowerment the original may have given to single parents...notice how The Powerpuff Girls never saw fit to marry off Professor Utonium! Why marry off Gru?]

I am worried terribly that this franchise will go the way of Shrek and Ice Age and produce a line of increasingly shitty/phoned-in sequels (a movie centered around the Minions - who speak mostly in gibberish - is being made, and has been slated for December of next year!) all so Universal may sell more Minion toys...
    Also, it irks me somewhat that celebrities whose names look good on posters are considered "top-shelf voice talent" when the voices they use for characters aren't anything special

Manny the mammoth is speaking in Ray Romano's ordinary voice...
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Well, it isn't special in that it's a good, attractive, and powerful voice, or that the delivery is really good and apt.

It's special in that it's Ray Romano's voice. They're selling it based on having a mammoth have a famous actor's voice.
    Disney waht r u doin

Disney STAHP
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Hahahaha what
  • edited 2013-10-04 14:00:25
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

Finally! A movie that feeds my' women who murder puppies for fashion' fetish.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Why is One Hundred and One Dalmatians, of all things, a property they want to keep milking?
    Why is One Hundred and One Dalmatians, of all things, a property they want to keep milking?
    This is the first time they've done anything new with it in a while, to my recollection...

This isn't without precedent; a live-action Maleficent movie is coming out next year (it's taken The Good Dinosaur's old May 30, 2014 date due to that movie's year-and-a-half delay)