Dumb, immature stuff you can't help but like

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    you suck
    you also suck, pagetopper
  • You know who else is a page topper? Mark Foley.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    That joke is terrible and you should feel terrible.
    It is terrible, but in this thread that is acceptable.
    I suppose that is true.
  • You know who else is a page topper? Mark Foley.

(*Groan*)
    I do agree with you that it's interesting how emotional connections can affect the way you listen to music, however.

Bonus points if you recognise the irony here...
  • I exist. I am made up of nothing but dumb, immature stuffs.

COCKS
    BOOBS
  • Hey now, I'm gonna sign my first lease today
  • so I'm totes mature an an adult
  • unlike you losers hahaaha

(why am i so lonlie ;-;)
    Go ahead and sign away your childhood, freak!
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-04-22 16:40:55
    I like both Owl City and TPS

TPS makes me feel significantly less childish, however, and also introduced me to Death Cab for Cutie so I don't consider them very immature
  • edited 2013-04-22 17:11:06

Pfft, I thoroughly enjoy what's probably the most immature music genre of all: 60's hippie sunshine pop

• Oh, I also like LMFAO for some reason.

Forgot to mention that.

The fact that one of them used to be a stockbroker (!) has something to do with it.
  • LMFAO is music that's perfect for killing brain cells. 
  • Kexruct said:

Naney said:

which i can defend readily

Doesn't mean it's of Impeccable Taste.

Think: Is this Black Forest Cake or a Twinkie? Both are good, but few would argue that a Twinkie is on the level of a cake.
    Black Forest is gross...
  • edited 2013-04-23 22:56:03

Cake is gross.

As are twinkies for that matter.
  • Twinkies aren't gross...
    Cake is great
  • edited 2013-04-23 23:37:58
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Yes, Cake is pretty groovy.

not a bad tune, good for this thread
  • edited 2013-04-23 23:42:44
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    The bonus is that 1990s radio rock, which is the genre that Cake song belongs to, happens to be a dumb, immature thing that, by and large, I can't help but like.
    that was the last time I cared about radio rock
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Yeah, I don't care for much radio rock past the 1990s either.
    Naney said:

Cake is gross.

This is a subject on which we are going to have to agree to disagree, methinks.
  • Brownies >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cake
    I like brownies. I also like cake. Either is worthy.
    cake > brownies

but usually both are good
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Hey, JZ's still around!

That's good.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Aliroz said:

Hey, JZ's still around!

That's good.

:(
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Don't really see how Gravity Falls is dumb or immature.
  • Don't really see how Gravity Falls is dumb or immature.

It's a cartoon, animation.

>Insert social context wherein animation is meant for children and does not contain intellectualism.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.

^^^ Fair enough.

I do agree with you that it's interesting how emotional connections can affect the way you listen to music, however.

An old girlfriend of mine got me into Jars Of Clay. Oddly enough, I started liking them more after i broke up with her.
  • remember when I called Naney a hairpiece.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    shitposting
    crude humour
    pink sparkly things
    pop punk
    puns
    Mountain Dew
  • edited 2014-03-27 00:48:38
    I like Youtube Poop.

Know how you get those distracting superficially-related but content-irrelevant thoughts in your head when reading/watching/listening to/attending something?

Ever thought this one line that your coworker or professor or some TV show character said would make a great dance mix?

Ever wonder how it would sound if you reversed the stuff people said?  Ever wanted to do it just to see if you could find something satanic in it like those crazy urban legends claim -- or for that matter, completely stupid things like racial slurs or sexual expletives?

And what if you could make people say stupid things?  What if you could cause people to sing songs by saying stupid things?  Did you suddenly imagine your boss's cell phone ringtone playing Cirno's Perfect Math Class instead of the Nokia Tune?

Do you like to revel in horrible, horrible puns, or the ability to pick out something that sounds like bad language in a completely unrelated audiorecording?

If so, Youtube Poop is right for you.
    i think YouTube Poop, like Lolcats, is an acquired taste

i can see the humour now, but initially i was like 'how can anyone be entertained by this'
    lolcats are all right by me

any funny animal pictures, really
  • I like the ones that aren't just the same eight jokes repeated ad infinitum or are total ear-rape.

Also they aren't made very often anymore, it seems.
    funny animal pictures were never not entertaining

i'm still not convinced that any amusing picture is improved by the addition of an ungrammatical caption
  • Average Cats is among my favorite websites. Period.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    I think I may like self-aware humor a little too much. Like, some series might crack the worst joke ever (worst as in completely tasteless, or worst as in badly-structured; either applies), but if the series follows up by making fun of itself for cracking that joke, then I'm all "Oh, I can't stay mad at you."
  • edited 2014-03-27 01:31:13
    Well the appeal of animal macros is "here's a cute animal, and here's a witty thing to go along with it".

I can see that YTP might be a bit niche -- it's silly in an extremely childish way, and some people might not like that style of complete irrelevance and/or nonsense.

One curious thing is how I really like YTP but I don't really like other styles of humor that much, such as dark humor, dirty humor, slapstick, schädenfreude.  Incidentally, I also like the very different humor style of Look Around You -- though one could argue that both have absurdist components, which create humor by suggesting completely radical changes to one's understanding of "reality" (as presented in the setting).  YTP does it by augmenting the in-the-show "reality" with an external context (i.e. beyond the fourth wall), and breaking it repeatedly, while LAY does it by subtly and deadpanly introducing elements that clearly don't make sense.

That said, the deadpanness of LAY is another reason I like it.  A sort of "stealth" humor, if you will.  Some YTPs have some of that -- the ones that rely on flashing something across the screen quickly or changing scenes after a key punchline to pretend as if nothing happened.

I don't really know how to describe it, but...y'know, it's kinda like a prank, I think.  It's like, you did something and you wait for someone else to figure it out later, after they've been pranked.  But when playing the prank yourself, you can't help but almost giggle at the thought of them being pranked.  And you can't help but be curious how they react to it.  Maybe.  I don't really know.
    a witty thing is good

i guess a lot of Internet humour is less witty and more purposefully stupid

which seen from one perspective is part of the charm, but it's not my preferred humour, i guess
  • Tachyon said:

a witty thing is good

i guess a lot of Internet humour is less witty and more purposefully stupid

which seen from one perspective is part of the charm, but it's not my preferred humour, i guess

There comes a certain wit from something that purposefully plays itself the fool.

take for instances, comedians that pretend to be a strawman of a certain position
  • There's also an earnest charm in just enjoying things for the sake of enjoyment, Nigel Thornberry macros, for instance.
    i'm talking more about the latter

the former is witty, if done well