Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Dokes swag.
  • but yeah, #madokamadness is going to watch Rebellion tomorrow at 8:00pm eastern time

if anyone wants I can do a Synchtube stream at around the same time
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I will quite possibly not be here then, alas...

I hate moving. ._.
  • aww

I can also do it on Sunday or next Saturday if everyone's available
  • edited 2014-05-02 18:47:04
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    The offer still stands for some other time if you can't be here this week or next week.

Good luck with your move.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    SF_Sorrow said:

but yeah, #madokamadness is going to watch Rebellion tomorrow at 8:00pm eastern time

pff fuck that channel, last time I went there, they told me to go away because I wasn't part of the cool club.
  • edited 2014-05-02 19:35:11
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Miko said:

SF_Sorrow said:

but yeah, #madokamadness is going to watch Rebellion tomorrow at 8:00pm eastern time

pff fuck that channel, last time I went there, they told me to go away because I wasn't part of the cool club.
    You don't need to go there, though.

You're invited to the HH stream whenever we do it, too...
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Miko said:

SF_Sorrow said:

you sure?
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    "cool club"

who
    Tachyon said:

"cool club"

who

the collection of #yf regulars who stay on #mm I guess

but honestly the only one I remember driving off is Corvidium.  Maybe you came on when an RP session was running.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Reminder that Corv has an account here...
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Admittedly, it was mid-2013 when that happened, but, it drove me back into isolation, except when I talked to Imipolex G.
  • edited 2014-05-02 21:44:17
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Also I don't think ponicalica was there, either. u_u But, I didn't make that post to name names, only to tell people it wasn't very welcoming.
  • edited 2014-05-02 21:44:29
    Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    yeah I don't remember this happening

whatever
    ah... that wasn't a very smart question i guess, sorry

i only asked because IRC is a strange and frightening place full of mysterious people and things that are baffling
    i like IRC :V
    #trashheap is rather welcoming and pleasant I think.
    every internet place i seldom visit is strange and frightening, it's nothing personal
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tachyon said:

ah... that wasn't a very smart question i guess, sorry

i only asked because IRC is a strange and frightening place full of mysterious people and things that are baffling

There's a rather large overlap between people who post on HH and people who hang out in #trashheap, at least...
  • edited 2014-05-02 21:55:06
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    But seriously, I am never going to forget what happened. It caused me to sit in a corner for like two months and hate myself and not talk to anyone and study Touhou patterns all day, and also get rejected by 30 different jobs and struggle to sign up for hormone therapy that never happened, more-or-less because my sis was poor.
    Also the prospect that I could finally have hormones was the one reason I still wanted to be alive even though my only friend in the world was Imipolex G. u_u
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Should I watch this show?
    Yes. Yes, you should.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    *hugs Miko*
    *hugs* :)
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    *hugs*
    you :O

you changed my entire life. UwU
    Aliroz said:

Should I watch this show?

yeah
    *hugs Miko* sorry for whatever happened in the past
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I'm sorry for any contribution I may have made for your past state, too. 

*hugs Miko*
  • edited 2014-05-02 22:18:07
    ^^, ^ *hug hug* :)
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    What about this show would I like?
  • edited 2014-05-02 23:13:39

it has:

* allegoritudinalness

* lean writing

* superb pacing

* beautiful animation

* much sadness (*I am a generally hardhearted person when it comes to the misfortunes of the fictional, but the last episode got me to tear up, in public no less.*)

* some moments of incredible spectacle

* and some moments of... for lack of a better word, grace. (it is a hard thing to explain without spoilers)
  • edited 2014-05-04 00:43:15

And now that more people have seen the film, I can finally post some nice fanart - 
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    none of 'em are showing up

if they're from danbooru, just provide links
    None of them are showing up for me either.
  • oh, whoop

I fixed it now
  • edited 2014-07-06 03:46:07

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • kinda want an avie of homura with her new duds but i think i'll wait until im sure erryone's seen the movie
  • edited 2014-07-06 03:00:10

Spoiler:
    imageimage
  • so guys... did Homura do anything wrong?
  • I think that depends on what she did exactly

i mean, these are all the changes that i can think of (changes from the starting point of the series, when Homura shows up at school):

1. everyone is alive

2. the runes on Sakaya's magical girl ring are gone, and we can assume this is the same for everyone else. But we don't know that this means. Are they still magical girls even? are only some of them magical girls?

3. Madoka presumably still has whatever portion of her Godoka powers that Homura didn't nab

4. Homura has revealed her supreme dedication to Madoka's happiness above all else, regardless of Madoka's wishes, and has shown a willingness to do literally anything to preserve it. She also now has incredible, though not yet defined powers. Note that she has acted in full accordance with her wish, to save madoka.

so we don't know enough what she's done enough to really make a judgement call, but given that it was against the wishes of Madoka and she has declared herself to be a demon presumably whatever she's done is not all that swell.

• edited 2014-07-06 18:42:38
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    SF_Sorrow said:

so guys... did Homura do anything wrong?

Yes, but... it's not so simple.

[What Homura did in trapping the others back in the real world and altering their memories was not completely vicious, but it was still terribly cruel. While their new lives are certainly happier than those of their previous incarnations, they are now doomed to live to the end of days like Homura did, unaware of their coming fate or their inevitable battle when she assumes her role as a great destroyer.

But in the end, there is something even sadder in what she did that moves the goalposts a little. She knows that Madoka will rediscover her godhead, and she does not know if she will be forgiven. But because of her love for her, Homura does not care. She has chosen her own private damnation so that she might have just one last chance to express her love to this person who she gave so, so many lives for.

And that is the tragedy of the end. Homura has become the Devil to bask in the grace of a private God: The one that she loves.]

^ This is also very true, although I assume that [the "demon" part comes from, well, what I mentioned already].
  • edited 2014-07-06 21:52:43

because I care way too much about this, I've read a lot of peoples' opinions about the film - range of these opinions span from "deep analyses about the philosophies and themes of the film", to "Homura had her character drastically altered", to "thirty-or-so-page essay on Reddit on how the film ruined the franchise"

what says you guys?
  • i still think it was fucking awesome
    I thought it was great. 

In fact, I didn't fully understand the appeal behind Madoka until I watched the movie. I'm kinda baffled that people would say otherwise.
  • edited 2014-07-06 22:04:27

In short, even if the title character’s power to make a game-changing
    wish was consistent with the universe’s internal rules, it seemed to
    come so far out of nowhere that it undermined the emotional narrative
    that the rest of the series had taken its time to so painstakingly
    establish.
    I must say that I very strongly disagree with this.

agree with the rest though
  • SF_Sorrow said:

to "thirty-or-so-page essay on Reddit on how the film ruined the franchise"

as so, 'cause lol