If this thread goes past the 2nd page: MLP sucks

Comments

• you know who kicks ass

Elvin Jones
  • Naney said:

hehe we have a cat here Up North that comes to visit every now and again and has this exact colouring
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Welp.

i guess it's official.
  • page 3

We Did It

Thank You Based God

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Fun fact: I was gonna lock this thread by the end of the second page had I even noticed that it was gonna leave it (which I didn't >_>) but my opinion on the show is kinda lowering lately
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Pony time is OVER. Just as I predicted like two years ago
  • season 3 is a big pile of pony poo

and like 90% of the cool fanartists have left

and there are endless waves of the most shitty pointless drama i have ever seen
  • ponies is bad

ponies were always bad

fandom was always bad

• edited 2013-02-15 18:56:37
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i don't really like the fandom but i don't entirely understand what's supposed to be so bad about the show.
    The show was never stellar (as I would have believed like two years ago) but this season seems to mostly be pretty meh
  • its not bad if youre a little girl, i guess, tho i wouldnt know, and its well made and has good production values

really when i said 'ponies' in that context i p much meant th whole brony thing which probably makes the last sentence kinda redundant

i mean kids stuff can be fully well appealing to adults, look at so much of the pixar films, Alice in Wonderland for gods sake, childrens stuff can very easily have value to adults but i honestly see nothing like that in it. its a kids show and i havent really seen a convincing argument that its anything more

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Season 3 has seemed somewhat hit-or-miss for me. It's not that it's bad, but it's not exceptionally good either. *shrug*
  • edited 2013-02-15 19:04:47
    i was entertained.

i don't know, there are undoubtedly better TV shows i could be watching, but i have seen few TV shows that held my interest.
  • like Alice was a kids book and had huge influence on, for instance, surrealism, and absurdism, i cant see my little pony having any sortof impact to the degree of informing major artistic movements 
    Well no, it's no Alice in Wonderland.

But then, i can't think of any children's TV show i could confidently compare to that, quality-wise

The original book i mean, obviously adaptations are variable.
  • it was kinda cute fluffy brain candy, i dunno about being meritorious, but it was fun
    The dream is over, everyone is sober now
  • everyone is sober now
  • edited 2013-02-15 19:11:25
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I mean, I guess it's just as likely that I've just become disillusioned with the whole pony phenomenon.

I still enjoy the show, but it's not addictive like season 1 was. But in retrospect, season 1 was addictive less because of anything inherent in series and more because my future boyfriend and I got caught up in the hype surrounding it...
    Except Voldemort.
  • But in retrospect, season 1 was addictive less because of anything inherent in series and more because my future boyfriend and I got caught up in the hype surrounding it...
    yeah :/
  • edited 2013-02-15 19:15:54
    i don't know, i kind of don't agree that it was just cute and fluffy  There was more to it than that.  i'm not saying it was deep or art or anything crazy like that.  But the characters were genuinely likable and it was funny.  Even series 3 made me laugh once or twice.

i didn't really get into it because of anyone, i was just like, 'this show is not very good' and then ijbm was like 'yes it is' so i watched it and was entertained.
  • i didnt even find it fun, it was just like... "well this is like a standard kids show with good production values"??

i admit that kids tv can be weirdly compelling, but its mainly the really young kids tv that does that, like when im in london and my little nephew is round i will find myself kind of watching peppa pig without realising if they have it on. brain candy is a good phrase. you dont watch it because its gripping or the narrative is amazing theres just a very basic thing going on

but idk what i saw wasnt like just 'colours/shapes compelling' but was just like, kids tv show, fairly basic narratives and characters with fairly clear kids morals... it just didnt interest me. i feltlike there wasnt particularly a big amount of depth there, but not that basic thing either. i just felt that a big degree of it was the fandom and people latching onto it and using it more as a social thing or getting caught up in being a "brony" which i never ever thought was good. ever

this is far too many words on mlp anyway. ponies suck

• Naney said:

everyone is sober now
    i'm still listening to this and it's like really weird i keep noticing all these small sonic details

like there is this little plinking noise in the left audio chanel
  • the lesson we should all take from this: alice in wonderland owns and voldemort is a weirdo
    the spell is broken
    you
    I still haven't read much further in Harry Potter >_>

I admit I partake in far too much childrens' television

101 Dalmatians: The Series is a pretty standard kids' show, like MLP:FIM (Tara Charendoff/Strong voices the neurotic character in both shows, for one thing) but it still amuses me anyway
  • i didn't like harry potter really
    i liked harry potter
    I was into it about ten years ago, but didn't really read it that much (the movies were new at the time)

Now that I'm actually reading the books I'm on the second one and it feels kinda repetitive
  • a8 said:i liked harry potter

ur wrong it
    sucked
    yeur jest a prep Nanny
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I loved Harry Potter.

After I finished Deathly Hallows back in '07 I tried re-reading the whole series in order but took it too fast and got burned out after Azkaban. Admittedly, I haven't picked up any of the books since...
  • Anonus said:

yeur jest a prep Nanny

shit he's on to me
    oh god
    >when it hits you that everyone else had some kind of excuse but you're just the weirdo who likes a mediocre cartoon for little girls
    also the harry potter movies sucked balls
    they didn't really but i wasn't impressed & preferred the books
    I have not read Harry Potter or seen the movies. I've only seen three episodes of MLP:FIM and they were OK.

Because I am a HIGHBROW person who prefers more sophisticated entertainment
    what about the sarah-jane adventures

that show was good right
  • edited 2013-02-15 19:36:14
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I'm surprised that I've seen exactly as many episodes of the show as Imi.

I'll admit, I'm not really that much into it, but it's oddly fun to watch you guys and my school friends talk about it.
  • edited 2013-02-15 19:37:05

i liked the dementors, they were a pretty rad idea

also J.K. Rowling has good storytelling sills for the most part, if i like had kids to read to they'd be a good choice i think

but other than that the books didn't really seem to stand out all that much

also all the protags were human, so as a budding furfag there was no way i was reading that shit :P
    i'm just having like the silliest mini meltdown here

seriously everything i thought i knew was a lie

A LIE
    How long until Gravity Falls gets this treatment
  • a8 said:

i'm just having like the silliest mini meltdown here

seriously everything i thought i knew was a lie

A LIE

no gravity falls is legitimately excellent