The Raketen-Stadt

Comments

• More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Lovely game music, yes. ^_^
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    bacon
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    stop the shakin it's time to get bacon!
    road trip through time
    Were art to redeem man, it could do so only by saving him from the seriousness of life and restoring him to an unexpected boyishness. The symbol of art is seen again in the magic flute of the Great God Pan which makes the young goats frisk at the edge of the grove.
    All modern art begins to appear comprehensible and in a way great when it is interpreted as an attempt to instill youthfulness into an ancient world.

FUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Touhou music :D
    um no, that is not Touhou music
    Touhou did not exist in 1968
    Higan Retour is Touhou music. ^_^
    well, yes
    Touhou Music: The Movie: The Game OST
    I wonder if someone could make a Touhou movie be good.
    nope

the best Touhou movie
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Miko said:

I wonder if someone could make a Touhou movie be good.

Amberco, get to it
  • edited 2014-06-12 19:59:42
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    The main problem with a Touhou movie/anime is that you'd have to establish a consistent appearance for the characters. That would immediately take away one of the universe's most appealing aspects.
    yeah, no matter how you do it, somebody'll be all "THAT ISN'T RIGHT"
  • edited 2014-06-12 19:59:00
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Even in canon, the characters' appearances have changed quite a lot over the years. There is also the fact that Reimu and Marisa have aged more than a decade, throughout the series.
    Now that I think about it, Zun didn't even do the art for all the games, let alone the official mangas, and different artists will draw the characters differently.
    there be a lot of "depending on the artist" goin' on
  • edited 2014-06-12 20:05:35
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Miko said:

Now that I think about it, Zun didn't even do the art for all the games, let alone the official mangas, and different artists will draw the characters differently.

That is true, but the movie/anime would likely influence all fan art from that point on, even if only in a subconscious way. This is because they'd establish a permanent baseline of quality for all the characters that appear within it.

One of the main reasons that fan art for Touhou is so richly varied to begin with is because ZUN's interpretations of the characters leave so much to the imagination. It is true that he doesn't do all the art for the games, but the interpretations of other artists co-exist with his own in a way that they wouldn't with a movie/anime.
    It would become kind of like Harry Potter, then: the movie becomes "the" depiction of the characters and setting, around which everything else after it is based.
  • edited 2014-06-12 20:16:17
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    But wouldn't it be fun to make Americanime
    Touhou is very, very Japanese. Even if Americans wanted to touch it, I don't think most of them would "get" it.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    says the American
  • edited 2014-06-12 20:21:51
    Miko, Miko, Miko

Who's to say that Amberco isn't full of people who LOVE anime and Touhou
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Avatar: The Last Airbender was Americanime that was actually pretty good.

It's true that Americanime doesn't work out often, but it can with the right hands.
    My imaginary animation studio's gonna be the fucking shit when it gets finished

Also, you know that Rocky and Bullwinkle statue sitting on Warner Bros.'s lot under wraps? They're gonna let ME have the statue and I'll have it fixed and put in front of the studio

the studio where they make great shows and movies and amazing things to make a góód time
  • My dreams exceed my real life

Avatar: The Last Airbender was Americanime that was actually pretty good.

It's true that Americanime doesn't work out often, but it can with the right hands.
    loonytoons-loonatics.jpg
    It was only recently I learned that existed

Some things it's better not to know
    it exists because Looney Tunes: Back in Action bombed and, so Warner Bros.'s dumbass reasoning goes, no one wanted any more Looney Tunes ever

so they had to make them R4D
  • My dreams exceed my real life

Part of me still wants to try and watch the thing.

Maybe I'll do a liveblog one day.
    It's apparently too boring to even sustain mockery.
    I saw a bit of it on HBO once in 2004

The only remotely funny thing I remember about it is the "Wal-Mart in the desert" gag
  • kill living beings
    i have thought about american touhou, it would be amusing

there's also this which is funny as shit but not what i mean
  • edited 2014-06-12 21:09:37
    Anyway yeah Loonatics Unleashed isn't nice and moneyed like this movie is gonna be

it'll be a nice, lavish production

produced at my studio, with the metal "No Disney" sign posted outside of it

(it's a Mickey Mouse symbol with a no symbol over it)
    right
    okay fine I admit it: I need to watch more Ghibli because I thought producing some cool Ghibli-looking movie would be awesome

is that bad?
    I don't even know
    since this is my thread, I wish to get it back on track

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    aww
    psychedelic squid

warping time with audaciously voluptuous tentacles
    someday I'll be a real Touhou cow girl librarian

just you wait and see
    And I'll be a real chubby magical Princess!
    YES
    bicycles