Cowboy Bebop

edited 2012-09-09 01:23:48 in General Media

A youtube commenter put it best.

"I jazzed all over myself."

Comments

• i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    I feel as if I should watch this show just for the music.

and the adorable dog in space. always can do with more of those.
  • Ein approves of that comment.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    that is the best anime dog

i'd watch more animes if there were more adorable dogs in anime
  • I don't know if  you have the same schedule, but it's on tonight on [adult swim] at two. That, and the internet. It's not  exactly a "jump in at any point" series, but you should be fine if you do start at a random episode.
    I will have to watch it later, i am too tired to pay attention to things.

what's the basic plot? is it like firefly 'cept anime and also an adorable dog
  • I haven't seen Firefly, but I want to.

Basic plot: Ragtag bunch of misfit bounty hunters try to earn enough money to eat while grappling with their heart-wrenchingly sad backstories.

• edited 2012-09-09 01:00:13
    i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    so no going on a long journey to save the universe from aliens or whatever?

good, sounds like a nice change of pace. this series sounds interesting.
  • It has moments where it's absolutely hilarious, and it has moments that have nearly moved me to tears, and most importantly, it has moments that are freaking awesome.
    those are all elements that i like in a story!
  • It also has a phenomenal style that's impossible to describe. It's film-noir, cowboy film, breezy action comedy, etc. etc.

Really, it'd just be more appropriate to say it has style.

• edited 2012-09-09 01:12:25
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Kexruct said:

film-noir

yes
    Kexruct said:

cowboy film

yes

Kexruct said:

breezy action comedy

yes

Kexruct said:

style

yes

i'm sold where do i sign
  • edited 2012-09-09 01:17:20

http://www.adultswim.com/search/index.html?queryText=cowboy+bebop

Right here.

Oh, crap, looks like they have the last few episodes. Oh well, don't watch "The Real Folk Blues" for a while, but other than that it should be fine.

• edited 2012-09-09 01:16:44

Ye gods, Speak Like A Child.

That was a really sad episode. Wait for that one too, Faye's character arc is the one that is most important to see in the right order.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    keep that link right there, i will be watching it tomorrow

also i am going to be watching the last episode first just to bother you guys
  • Seriously, don't. It's a very powerful ending that is spoiled a bit when it's the first thing you see.
  • edited 2012-09-09 01:18:40
  • edited 2012-09-09 01:20:17
    all righty, i'll watch it in the normal order i guess
  • Good series, though I've only seen a few episodes. I should really finish watching it since I liked it quite a bit.
  • Kexruct said:

I don't know if  you have the same schedule, but it's on tonight on [adult swim] at two. That, and the internet. It's not  exactly a "jump in at any point" series, but you should be fine if you do start at a random episode.

They took it off toonami about a month ago actually. Glad they retired it tbh good show; but nothing needs to run for ten consecutive years.
  • Nothing except Cowboy Bebop D:<
  • Which episode?
    the one i linked to

not sure if it's the first episode but it seems like a first episode
    THERE IS A DOG IN THAT SUITCASE
  • edited 2012-09-09 16:08:26
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Is Cowboy BeHop the one where the guy is at the computer?
  • So, favorite episode?
    THE ONE WITH THE DOGGY SUITCASE
    though i've only seen it and the first episode, so
  • Man, just wait for episode five. That's the best one.
    watching episode 3 right now 

who is this lady that is shooting people
  • edited 2012-09-10 02:33:49
  • I like Faye. She's an interesting character.
    This show has the best opening ever.

• Agreed a million times over.
  • I'm just here to gay the place up
    Oh.. I love Bebop. Have it on dvd and have the soundtrack as well :3
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Funny, I still haven't seen Cowboy Bebop. I need to rectify that situation as soon as I reasonably can.
  • I'm just here to gay the place up
    You better D:
  • I find it odd how intelligent Youtube commenters become when talking about CB. It's a series that demands being nice and intelligent for some reason.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^ I'm in the weird position of having fairly refined, esoteric tastes in anime with very little grounding in the essentials. I'm rectifying this in bits and pieces—I binge-watched the original Fullmetal Alchemist last week (I enjoyed it greatly) and intend to start Bebop pretty soon—but still...

There is a certain appeal to having a kind of outsider's view on things, though.
  • So, Space, what episode are you on now?

Was out of internet the past week. Stopped at the episode with Faye. Going to watch again when it's not 12 PM.
  • “Radical Edwards's profile? He's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro hindu guru drag-queen alien."

The best quote.