Post Your Desktop [image-heavy]

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I used to want to rename mine "My Bedroom Floor" but that was like 9 years ago and you couldn't rename the Recycle Bin until Windows Vista.
  • Cleaned up my desktop for the first time and got a new background image.

• why is your desktop so tiny
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ^^^ I notice you highlighted "Rubbish". Well played.
  • why is your desktop so tiny

I haven't the foggiest clue.
  • ^^^ I notice you highlighted "Rubbish". Well played.

no comment on ActionFist! ?
    I generally just assume that any icon I don't recognize is a game I never heard of.
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-06-25 02:44:58
  • ^ oooh nice, name of that icon set?

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Those last two are wonderful for completely different reasons.
  • now i have lured you into my trap! i demand you post yours. :3
    Those are quite nice.

Hey Naney, what app do you use to put the temperature in your tray?
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-06-25 04:03:50

^ oooh nice, name of that icon set?

Minimal MIUI, by KXNT.

It's $2.99 or something on the Play Store. I never bothered paying but I want to, I really love it.

now i have lured you into my trap! i demand you post yours. :3

Fiiiiiine...

There.
  • Side dock! We've got side dock!
    Is there a problem with that?
    I always kept my dock on the side, too.

Though at the time that was because I wasn't yet used to a 16:9 display, so having the dock occupy a vertical space left the remaining workspace with dimensions closer to what I was used to.

I'm a dork.
    I do it because I find it less intrusive and more aesthetically pleasing, for whatever reason.

Although that screenshot did lead me to realise that I only needed about half of those applications on my dock, so I ditched a bunch of them.
  • No problem. I just find it interesting, I've never kept mine on the side even though I can't imagine it'd be any different.
    Hmm.

I wonder if and how having Windows, Mac or Ubuntu changes one's dock aesthetics...
    Hmm, it's interesting to think about: I tended to move my OS X dock to the side of the screen, but I flip out if my Windows taskbar is anywhere but the bottom.

I wonder why.
    Probably because the Windows taskbar is opaque while the Mac dock is transparent. It has an entirely different visual feel.

Visual aesthetics are a huge factor in why I prefer working on Macs, to be completely honest. Windows is so terribly cluttered and clunky-looking; it makes it so much harder to focus on a task when your gaze is tossed around like that.
    Ah, I was thinking of a different explanation: I've been using the Windows taskbar since I was 5 (almost as long as I've been using computers at all), but only started using the Mac dock once I was old enough to think about which sort of setup I'd prefer.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Windows's type rendering sucks
  • edited 2013-06-25 04:32:18
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^ That also makes sense.

That said, I've been using Macs for just as long, so it's all second nature at this point, and I prefer the sidebar format, too...

^ Yep.

I don't like Windows.
  • I don't really like Windows either but it has Segoe and (sadly) better support from developers so I will deal with it if I have to.

Here's my iPod.

Uploaded with Imgupr
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-07-04 07:02:11
    I know, doublepost toast but I had to share my new phone wallpaper that I found from Tumblr. Because it is awesome.

Thank you, Sredni!
    You are most welcome, Tre.

I try to be an aggregator of the intriguingly berserk.
    Here's my tablet's desktop, with a totally awesome Nepeta wallpaper Naney made for me. ^_^

And yeah it's probably silly of me to install CyanogenMod and then continue to use the stock icons and fonts but, *shrug*
  • they shoulda never let me get hold of the fam'ly compooter

GO GET 'EM, RAY! :p
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Tre said:

they shoulda never let me get hold of the fam'ly compooter

GO GET 'EM, RAY! :p
    You are great, Tre.
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-08-20 14:28:52
    Thanks! :D

The placement of the weather widget so that Luna's staring at the moon wasn't intentional, but it's a nice coincidence.
  • oooooh, pretty
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I like.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Pretty.
  • Uploaded with Imgupr

Uploaded with Imgupr

Not my desktop but still. One cool thing about my current setup is that the wallpaper actually moves with my iPod, which stands out pretty darn well with the art style of Origins. :D

Spoiler:
    The keen observer may notice I'm not actually running iOS 7, but iOS 6 with a couple of jailbreak tweaks to gussy it up. Pretty good facsimile, no? :P
    Urban parks are pretty

• school computers, woooooooo

Yay KitKat

• TreTre
    edited 2013-11-19 14:09:23
    I'm still on Jelly Bean 4.3 but ehh. I don't mind too much.

IT'S CHRISTMAS!*

*It is November and photograph was shot in January

it's parallaxy too, so Ray and the dragon tilt with the phone :D
  • edited 2013-12-02 03:57:36
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    This is from my new HTC One:

boo
  • bluh, I'm jealous

I have a GS4 but I've wanted the One since it was announced
  • my dad and my sis have GS4s

they look nice.