Post Your Desktop [image-heavy]

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.

dat unclutter
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Finally got around to changing mine:

• they should all be alicorns

COOL WALLPAPER SIS
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

...Yes, I'm playing with old versions of Windows in VirtualBox again.

Sue me.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    Double click on the internet, see what it does (I forget)
    It brought up a little wizard that supposedly connected me to the internet through my LAN, but somehow forgot the mildly important step of configuring Windows to use TCP/IP.

Oh, and of course, I must restart my computer for changes to take effect.
    aha okay

It's been years since I've ran 95. Gonna be a hoot whenever I piece together an old system like I have planned here
    You and I are probably the last two people on earth who can tell apart 95 and 98 just from looking at the empty desktop.
    Well 98 had its host of problems -- the most annoying, to me, being the GUI hanging up on itself and repeating icons requiring a ctrl-alt-del and restarting Windows explorer. I hung onto 95 at least until 2001, and then went to 98 for a lng while until a friend of mine finally convinced me to switch over to XP in 2003. 
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I remember running 95 on a 486/33 with a 250MB Conner hard drive, a machine that was technically Mom's (I'm pretty sure I had my IBM by then). 1992-vintage hardware or thereabouts, and yeah, it was slow even in 1995-1996.

My iPod wallpaper matches.
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-08-18 17:28:04
    ...whelp, there was a picture of my desktop after updating it to Mountain Lion but then I saw it had my last name so it's been [redacted].
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu

Nah, this is the real one. Also check out all that pirating software
    Tre: I can't tell you how many times I've done something like that...it's like you become blind to your own name after a while...
  • edited 2012-08-19 14:59:40
    Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    OI'M BETMAN

• I AM BA' MAN

You will never unhear that glottal stop.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Wait, how do I post my desktop?
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-08-20 15:43:01
    @Aliroz_: Use whatever screen capture tool your OS came with.

On Windows: First, minimize your windows up until you get to the desktop, then simultaneously press Ctrl+PrintScreen. Open Paint and click "Paste". Save the resulting file wherever you wish.

On Macs: Minimize your windows as usual, then in the Spotlight search box type in "Grab" and go to the first result. Once the app opens click the Capture menu and select Screen, then click into the desktop at will. Save the resulting file wherever you wish.

Alternatively you could look for screen capture tools on the 'net and see how those work (that also applies if you want video).
  • edited 2012-08-20 16:02:46
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Not showing up, Aliroz.
  • edited 2012-08-20 16:15:03
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    I haven't been able to get it to work.

It's this fan art.
    Well, I imagine that would make a pretty nice background.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    Run, cat, run!
    Sometimes even my desktop is depressed

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Precise Pangolin:

Quantal Quetzal:

...almost not different enough to bother with separate screenshots. *shrug*
  • aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

dat unclutter

My desktop used to be so uncluttered. :(
  • edited 2013-05-12 21:04:59
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ^^^ how do you not go insane
    I don't know
  • Naney said:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

^^^ how do you not go insane

are u frustrated
  • edited 2013-05-12 21:09:49
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I've had the same wallpaper for like 5 months now but here it is anyway

EDIT: I don't know why Imgur decided that needed to be a JPEG :\

hosted on tumblr because i could not be assed to use tinypic, so it's a bit small
  • aaaannnnnd of course it only just occurred to me that because i am using the larger taskbar i have no need of the corner calender >.<
    The corner calendar is aesthetically appealing, if nothing else.
  • Naney said:

hosted on tumblr because i could not be assed to use tinypic, so it's a bit small

this looks like the Relic OS from Memory of a Broken Dimension.

just like

more pedestrian.

• RELICS is much more command line-y though.
    Something I haven't done in a while: using one of my own photos as a wallpaper.

Yes, I still have the Recycle Bin on my desktop. I haven't decided what to do with it yet.
  • Yes, I still have the Recycle Bin on my desktop. I haven't decided what to do with it yet.
    http://www.e-sushi.net/software/minibin/
    Ooh, nice! I always thought it was weird that Microsoft didn't move the Recycle Bin to the taskbar in Windows 7. Having one icon on the desktop by default always seemed silly.

(I'm also annoyed that they continue to call it "Recycle Bin" instead of "Trash" like everyone else in the world, but whatever.)

Also:
    To operate as expected, MiniBin requires a Microsoft Windows operating system (WinXP, Win7, Win8, or newer).
    I wonder if this was a deliberate jab at Windows Vista or they just figured there's no reason to mention it because nobody uses it anymore.
  • I'm also annoyed that they continue to call it "Recycle Bin" instead of "Trash" like everyone else in the world, but whatever.
    Apple Inc. sued to prevent other software companies from offering graphical user interfaces similar to its own. Apple lost most of its claims but courts agreed Apple's Trash icon was original and protected by copyright.[3] Non-Apple software may use other metaphors for file deletion, such as Recycle Bin, Smart Eraser, or Shredder.[4]
    Yeah, I know, and it made sense in 1995, but that was almost 20 years ago; there's no reason for it anymore.
  • I'm also annoyed that they continue to call it "Recycle Bin" instead of "Trash" like everyone else in the world, but whatever.
    Apple Inc. sued to prevent other software companies from offering graphical user interfaces similar to its own. Apple lost most of its claims but courts agreed Apple's Trash icon was original and protected by copyright.[3] Non-Apple software may use other metaphors for file deletion, such as Recycle Bin, Smart Eraser, or Shredder.[4]
    what about "Rubbish Bin"?
    I call mine New Jersey.