City of Heroes

Comments

• edited 2012-06-14 20:57:29
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Never mind, problem solved. Apparently, my connection to the server went down. Maybe I was taking too long on the character creation screen?

Anyhow, I've completed the intro mission, and I'm just before the part where you go and fight the demon cultist gang members. Is there anything important that I might have missed?
  • Not that I know of.

I'd help you personally, but my stepdad's going to be hogging the big computer for the rest of the night, so I'll likely not be able to get on until tomorrow.

• Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    When I get home I'll show you guys how I did it.
  • ALL of the screenshots.

I should also take screenshots.

I just sort of stuck stuff together until I got a look that sort-of resembled the original concept. Though Helios' current look is a lot darker.

• TreTre
    edited 2012-06-14 22:44:54
    So. I signed up and stuff.

It's a bit laggy but hey, it works. Also, I'm on the Virtue server too.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    Even I am on the Virtue server! it's amazing
  • we should all go into PVP and gang up on Spacey's villain

for lulz.

also Tre what is your person and such.

• i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

my hero is Sir Buzz Killington. (i think that's how it's spelled? i dunno)

he's rich and things

• I'm Trevor Whatever.

Basically think of stuck!Tre with lightning bolts. Yay, Mary Sues!
  • Tre said:

I'm Trevor Whatever.

NICE NAME TRE

actually I saw a Ms. Whateverwhatever the other day I think.

LIGHTNING BOLTS are always good though. Blaster?

i think i'll log on now

feel free to follow me around because billionaire with swords

• Scrapper, actually. I used lightning as my main and regeneration as my secondary.

I needed it, too, cuz otherwise my butt would've been as dead as a doornail.
  • feel free to follow me around because billionaire with swords

Zorro?

Tre said:

Scrapper, actually. I used lightning as my main and regeneration as my secondary.

I needed it, too, cuz otherwise my butt would've been as dead as a doornail.

But that means you can only lightning punch instead of lightning bolting! D:
    My guy is a Brute or whatever the smasheverything class is.

Zorro?

try "stereotypical english billionaire"

with the monocle and top hat and everything

• yeah, I'm thinking I'm gonna switch 

if you can, of course
  • I don't think you can after the character's already been made but I may be wrong.

• I think I had a Katana/Invulnerable Scrapper on Virtue, although my main (Spines/Dark Armor) was on some other server.
  • There's a "Spines" option?

I don't recall seeing that. Not that I would've used it, but still.

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I have a screenshot! Of course, it's of me shooting the everloving crap out of a gang cultist.

I would have gotten a more peaceful shot of my character in the city square, but my internet connection decided to fizzle out like it sometimes does. Good thing I wasn't on a team mission or anything!

i'm playing coh right now

isn't alt tab amazing

• Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    ...Maybe I wanna play this again. It was pretty fun.

...Damn you people...

Oh yeah, it's great. You grow these poisonous spines and stab people with them. It's really good for taking out whole groups of enemies since it has a lot of area powers. 

My character was like...a baby Cthulhu who could grow said spines as a mutation caused by being born on Earth and not Cthulhuland or wherever. At first he could teleport through his home dimension, but later, thanks to Comic Book Radiation (damn, the respec quests were hard, but they were fun to do with your supergroup), he was able to use his connection to it as "leverage" to give himself superspeed.

Man, now I'm thinking of installing it again to give me something to play while I wait for ME3's extended cut DLC. I might even make a new character that's not based on a Homestuck! ...okay, that probably won't happen.
  • do it, Deathonabun.

Also, I am going to look so out of place with you and Tre, Gator.

Just like, normal guy with a gun, normal guy with lightning fists, GIANT DEMONIC SUIT OF ARMOR AND HELLFIRE

• all the Heapers should form a team

and call it the Anorak Avengers.

yes. that will be amazing.
    Oh yeah, it's great. You grow these poisonous spines and stab people with them. It's really good for taking out whole groups of enemies since it has a lot of area powers. 

That does sound great.

Actually I think I might've seen a guy using that but it looked more like tentacles to me.

• So. Just remade myself as a Blaster.

Let's see how this goes. (though if I die, it's YOUR fault)
  • Oh you'll die. I died on the first mission and I was playing as a scrapper.

But that's the only time I've died thusfar, so....

plus if you want to switch back to your other character there's no reason you can't.

I was a blaster for my evil character, and he's level six

yay

Free tier players cannot have characters in a supergroup.

>:/

• Eh?

I got like nine offers to join a team though. ._.

I think that's the temporary group and not a supergroup.
  • Dear NCSoft,

It's a terrible idea to send a newbie alone against a whole gang of... STANISTS, even if they are just mooks in comparison to the later enemies.

Otherwise, your game's alright.

Yours,

Trevor Whatever
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."

Also, I am going to look so out of place with you and Tre, Gator.

Just like, normal guy with a gun, normal guy with lightning fists, GIANT DEMONIC SUIT OF ARMOR AND HELLFIRE

Heh, my original idea was to have my first character be a lizardman magician, but I decided against it. I figured it would be better for me to do something different from what I always want to do.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Plus, you know, that's just what the reptilian conspirators WANT you to do. 

*Blasts ProfessorGator with orgone.* 
    don't forget the billionaire! they always forget the billionaire
  • Also, I am going to look so out of place with you and Tre, Gator.

Heh, my original idea was to have my first character be a lizardman magician, but I decided against it. I figured it would be better for me to do something different from what I always want to do.

I don't think you actually *can* be a lizardman. Or if you can, I'm just oblivious.

Might try making Across today, but in any case I'll be on later, my parents are going shoppin'

One of the default outfit options is "Lizard." I basically took that and put martial artist robes and generic pants on him. Though to be honest, it looks more like Godzilla than a lizard.
    I think one of the default options is "reptillian" or something like that.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis

I think one of the default options is "reptillian" or something like that.

how am i not surprised 
    not if i get on first
    Argh, sorry about us getting separated, Lazuli. I'm guessing we picked separate quests?

Helios looks pretty interesting.
  • Well, I've finally finalized my character (well, more or less). His name's Arrowblade, and he's basically Ninja!Morpheus. I was going to make a character based off of one of my characters, but the character creator was being...difficult. You'd think that they'd have some appropriate heads to match their hoof options, or powers that just let your character blow stuff up...but I digress. Unfortunately, I signed up for the Champion server before we decided on Virtue, so I probably won't be seeing any of you lot.
    Did you already make two characters, or can you only pick one server or something?