What non-"adult" cartoons do you enjoy as an adult?

I'm creating this thread because I wanted to mention a couple of cartoons, ostensibly for children, which I became aware of and very much have enjoyed as an adult, and I couldn't really list them in the other thread because I didn't watch them as a kid.
  • Gargoyles
These are examples of excellent storytelling in the "kids show" format.

Comments

• edited 2018-04-25 13:01:18
    Well, it's not actually that cold.
    I've watched some Pretty Cure, Element Hunters, and Gyrozetter.  Maybe more, pending my checking the content ratings on the anime series I've seen, which is something I haven't paid attention to.  I've also considered watching Digimon.

Nothing in the way of western cartoons though.

Edit: I went and added a "rating" column to my anime list, which you can reorder the list by.  And you can see most of the stuff I've seen is PG-13, apparently.  https://myanimelist.net/animelist/GlennMagusHarvey?status=7&order=8&tag=
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    One Piece, Avatar, Superman: The Animated Series, Sailor Moon, Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Fairy Tail, Azumanga Daioh, Nichijou
  • Well, it's not actually that cold.
    Wait, does RWBY count as a "non-adult cartoon"?
    debatable, it feels a lot like a children's show and picked up a lot of younger viewers but from what i can tell this wasn't what the writers intended

still i think it'd be fair to call it teen-oriented, by which metric it would count
  • Reality has never been an obstacle for me before!!
    Focusing on modern stuff, I'd say Gravity Falls, Star vs the Forces of Evil, Steven Universe, LoliRock, and of course, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

There's also, of course, older shows that I didn't actually watch much as a child but I adore now, like The Powerpuff Girls.
    oh yeah GF and SvtFoE for me too, and MLP for a time
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    god too many to list here

but definitely everything Centie listed minus LoliRock

plus Pepper Ann and 101
    Haruhi Suzumiya
  • Reality has never been an obstacle for me before!!
    See, if we're listing children's anime too I'll be here all day. Cardcaptor Sakura, Ojamajo Doremi...
    idk if i'd call Haruhi a children's anime but i've heard it described pejoratively as "chuuni" so i don't think it's adult

i usually just lump anime in with cartoons, i mean, did you know Moomins was made in Japan?  i had no idea until very recently, and it was a "cartoon" i watched when i was very young