What non-"adult" cartoons do you enjoy as an adult?

I'm creating this thread because I wanted to mention a couple of cartoons, ostensibly for children, which I became aware of and very much have enjoyed as an adult, and I couldn't really list them in the other thread because I didn't watch them as a kid.
  • Gargoyles
These are examples of excellent storytelling in the "kids show" format.

Comments

• edited 2018-04-25 13:01:18
    I've watched some Pretty Cure, Element Hunters, and Gyrozetter.  Maybe more, pending my checking the content ratings on the anime series I've seen, which is something I haven't paid attention to.  I've also considered watching Digimon.

Nothing in the way of western cartoons though.

Edit: I went and added a "rating" column to my anime list, which you can reorder the list by.  And you can see most of the stuff I've seen is PG-13, apparently.  https://myanimelist.net/animelist/GlennMagusHarvey?status=7&order=8&tag=
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    One Piece, Avatar, Superman: The Animated Series, Sailor Moon, Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Fairy Tail, Azumanga Daioh, Nichijou
  • Wait, does RWBY count as a "non-adult cartoon"?
    debatable, it feels a lot like a children's show and picked up a lot of younger viewers but from what i can tell this wasn't what the writers intended

still i think it'd be fair to call it teen-oriented, by which metric it would count
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Focusing on modern stuff, I'd say Gravity Falls, Star vs the Forces of Evil, Steven Universe, LoliRock, and of course, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

There's also, of course, older shows that I didn't actually watch much as a child but I adore now, like The Powerpuff Girls.
    oh yeah GF and SvtFoE for me too, and MLP for a time
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    god too many to list here

but definitely everything Centie listed minus LoliRock

plus Pepper Ann and 101
    Haruhi Suzumiya
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    See, if we're listing children's anime too I'll be here all day. Cardcaptor Sakura, Ojamajo Doremi...
    idk if i'd call Haruhi a children's anime but i've heard it described pejoratively as "chuuni" so i don't think it's adult

i usually just lump anime in with cartoons, i mean, did you know Moomins was made in Japan?  i had no idea until very recently, and it was a "cartoon" i watched when i was very young