Talkin about Tumblrs, man

Comments

• edited 2012-12-09 17:28:14
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

I have, in my own family growing up.  Both my father and my brother had it in their minds that the way to win any and all arguments was upping the decibel level and when that doesn't work, violence. Between both of those two, I've seen my mother stand back and watch them rant and rave like a 3 year old having a temper tantrum and she told them that they need to calm down. Of course, they never did (the police having to get involved at least once) and I saw my old man lose all control and fall on the floor wailing and screaming like something catastrophic happened (Mom saved money so she could take us to visit her hometown, he wanted to take that money and blow it on a Vegas trip.)   So no, I don't think it's a sex/race/etc thing at all.

One, calm party telling the other, screaming temper-tantrum-having party to calm down is a million miles away from what I was talking about.

In any case, when you're at the point where there's a serious threat of physical violence you're well past the point where the phrase "tone argument" carries any weight or meaning.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    One, calm party telling the other, screaming temper-tantrum-having party to calm down is a million miles away from what I was talking about.
    I'm talking about any sort of incivility, be it a tantrum or simply cranking up the decibels in an argument or insulting behavior and/or words. When a person gets to an adult age, there's not anything out of order with expecting them to act like one, which includes courtesy and civility. 
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I guess sprite edits is my calling in life:

• edited 2012-12-09 17:45:07
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

I'm talking about any sort of incivility, be it a tantrum or simply cranking up the decibels in an argument or insulting behavior and/or words. When a person gets to an adult age, there's not anything out of order with expecting them to act like one, which includes courtesy and civility. 

I'm not talking about yelling at people. I'm literally talking about even a mildly irritated tone.  I'm talking about the kind of tone that I would not regard as, by any reasonable metric, immature, discourteous or uncivil.

Again, sometimes people have every right and reason to be annoyed.
  • I know for a fact that For Future Reference Only is a parody of SJWs because she includes a warning that she has able-bodied privilege. No SJW would be that self aware.

Wait…justgirlythings?
    Wha-how-why?
    WHY?!

I NEED YOU ALL TO BE AS HORRIFIED AS I AM RIGHT NOW LOOK LOOK AT IT

I’m sorry but how the fuck is calling someone fat ‘girly’? Also how can you do that to your own grandmother? Taking them out to dinner is not a way of apologizing for being a fatphobic and sizeist prick.

(Source: juztgirlythingz)

I found this a lot funnier than I should've.

• The sadness will last forever.
    Lol
  • That was beautiful
  • If you want to "eat the rich", what happens when there are no longer any rich people to eat?

hyenasinbootyshorts:

shibakisses:

a-stalinist-fuck:

fistycuff:

marlkarx:

communismkills:

You starve.

This is a perfect analogy for the people who think they can tax other people out of the national debt, people who think they can tax other people to pay for their things, and people who think the rich will always be there to support their horrible welfare addiction.

A 1.6 trillion dollar tax increase is devastating.

We want to literally eat the rich, I don’t think you understand.

i dont give a shit about taxes i’m just hungry

wtf taxes i thought this was olive garden

Can I eat OP?

Nah im vegan 

Liposuction is the worst thing to happen to us rich people eaters, how the hell are we supposed to fatten them up?

AIN’T NO MEAT ON PARIS HILTON’S BONES.

• immm dreaming of a mixed-race gay vegan feminist transgender activist chrisstmmassss
    Kexruct said:

immm dreaming of a mixed-race gay vegan feminist transgender activist chrisstmmassss

I think you mean WINTER SOLSTICE/YULE, check your Christian privilege, bigot
  • I was wished a happy Hanukkah today, on a related note.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Was Sinterklaas mentioned on tumblr?
  • I was wished a happy Hanukkah today, on a related note.

Kind of a stupid question, but are you Jewish?
  • Kexruct said:

Kind of a stupid question, but are you Jewish?

I am not, neither ethnically nor religiously. As far as I know, and going by my current family tree.

However, I am possibly related to this guy (possibly because his last name is one of our family clan's many permutations of our own, there's like research going into this and junk. Our family takes who is actually related to us very seriously). So I guess the confusion is somewhat understandable. I am frequently mistaken for Jewish, not sure why.

• forfuturereferenceonly is actually Kankri Vantas.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    She's not nearly long-winded enough to be Kankri Vantas
  • XXXXD

She (or ze or whatever the preferred pronouns of this person are) sure seems Kankri-ish sometimes though.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    This weekend I had a discussion with my friends about social justice warriors

It eventually came to the logical conclusion that, being that they all have straight privilege, I auto win basically any argument I have with them

So I like this social justice stuff now

BUT WHAT IF THEY GO GAY TO WIN AN ARGUMENT?! WHO WINS THEN?!

Don't answer that...
    Well, if I play my cards right, then that means I get a new fuckbuddy or two

It's win win!
  • edited 2012-12-09 20:19:17
    Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

This weekend I had a discussion with my friends about social justice warriors

It eventually came to the logical conclusion that, being that they all have straight privilege, I auto win basically any argument I have with them

Sorry fella, but the entire point of that SJ stuff is for those straight people to get all angry and upset on your behalf, and decide for you what is best for you
  • edited 2012-12-09 20:22:00

Guys, this is my friend, George Bailey. George is in debt $8,000 and
    is thinking seriously of jumping off a bridge and committing suicide.
    I’ve tried telling him he has a wonderful life, but he won’t listen.

I’m hoping if this post gets enough notes, George will see that
    people love him and need him. The world wouldn’t be the same without
    him. Please, reblog this, or like it, or just spread the word.

Please save my friend George. If you don’t reblog, you have no heart.

• edited 2012-12-09 20:27:15
    Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Sorry fella, but the entire point of that SJ stuff is for those straight people to get all angry and upset on your behalf, and decide for you what is best for you
    Ahhhh, but if they try to argue with me directly, I can just repeatedly scream "CHECK YOUR STRAIGHT PRIVILEGE YOU HETERONORMATIVE ASSHAT" until I win the argument!

Of course, if said person happens to be non-white or transgendered, then the whole thing just got a whole lot more complicated
  • This weekend I had a discussion with my friends about social justice warriors

On that note, opinions, Corporal?

uhhhhhh
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Of course, if said person happens to be non-white or transgendered, then the whole thing just got a whole lot more complicated

I WIN
    Ahhhh, of course.

Centie can basically win all arguments on tumblr.

Centie OP
    Tumblr sure loves to use oppression as some competition or some shit.

If I was a gay cow with a mental disorder, I'd basically win all Tumblr arguments.

I'm of the opinion that if any of these people actually stepped outside their gated community lifestyle for more than five minutes, they'd piss their pants in mortal fear at either not knowing what to do or how to act 

or in sheer terror of that large, circular, hot yellow thing in the sky
    "I'm more oppressed than you!"

"No, I'm more oppressed!"

Looping over and over

• On that note, opinions, Corporal?

I'm having trouble parsing what the first two people are trying to say.
  • i dunno im not a fan of dildos it seems like a bourgeois existential celebration of hedonism and western liberalism

From what I can tell, there's this idea among social justice bloggers that one can frequently blog about social justice-related topics but still be "not a social justice blogger" as long as you're running a personal blog instead of a blog explicitly about a social justice topic.

It's one of few things about this whole phenomenon that genuinely irritates me.
    That just sounds like someone who wants to use big fancy words to make himself feel smart.
  • edited 2012-12-09 20:44:40

i clicked though and

http://stfunithingas.tumblr.com/

my my we meet again
  • huh i had been led to believe that she had become like really scary at some point

(*Shrug*)
  • edited 2012-12-09 20:48:00
    Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

Well, the first person is actually pretending to feel "uncomfortable" because someone else on the internet said something that isn't lock-in-step with what they think. Or maybe this person really is so broken that they can't handle someone else not thinking the same way they do

the other person has declared that instead of subjecting themselves to the horrors of a self-aware or a self-critical thought, they'll just label any and all criticisms they come across as strawmen because thinking over a first-grader's level is scary
  • It's kind of seeing how far she's fallen.

"White privilege. " *shudder*

huh i had been led to believe that she had become like really scary at some point

(*Shrug*)

Less "really scary" and more "obnoxiously self-righteous", though really that's nothing new from her.

Her blog is tolerable in small doses but I can't follow it anymore because I don't need that constant stream of self-righteous anger staring at me whenever I look at Tumblr, especially when I already agree with most of what she's arguing about.
    Is Kankri the same person who defended drunk driving that we were talking about a little while back?
    The other day I reblogged a post about Riley and she unfollowed me. Whatever, I had enough of her. Too crazy.
  • Kankri is a Homestuck character. He spends the equivalent of about 20 pages going on and on and on about social justice issues when he was introduced.
  • Kankri is a troll from Homestuck
    Triggers include 6ut likely will n9t 6e limited
    t9 class 9ppressi9n, culling culture and vi9lence against gru6s, lusus
    a6use, c9mplementary and anal9g9us hate speech, pail filling, slurries
    and 9ther c9ncupiscent fluids, lifespan shaming, a6leist slurs, pr9lix
    dissertation...

amp logic
    I didn't have a reason to not ever read homestuck but there I go
    Oh, also...
    Kexruct said:

"White privilege. " *shudder*

*smack*
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    What everyone else said. The rabid drunk-driving supporter is genderbitch, if I recall correctly.
  • Also, have a look at tallerandblueonline.