Gelzo GTFO of America

13»

Comments

• edited 2012-04-05 02:02:32
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    "I think that's a Muslim custom, right?"

Yes. Malaysia has a high Muslim population (~60%, and it's the state religion, though religious freedom is guaranteed by the constitution) as well.
  • edited 2012-04-05 04:40:02
    It's 4:20 somewhere.
    I don't know what all the toppings available were. Hell, I'm not sure I remember all of what was on mine aside from I think slices of pork and some green onion, though it was good.

And she was Muslim. I heard her ask about where the mosques were during orientation. I also walked back to the dorm with some muslim girls and the American I mentioned.

I met some more people during orientation. A female and another male Spaniard, another German, a Canadian girl- who was pretty cute and mentioned a female student from Seattle, an Australian girl, and this French girl who might about be the most beautiful person I've seen since coming to the country. My Spanish friend- which I guess he is by now- was with me at the time and said to her face that she resembled Scarlett Johansson, which might not be that far off the mark? It's hard to see whether or not there's a resemblance. A Google image search of that actress seems to show a bunch of different individuals. Fucking makeup.

Anyway. Today was tiring. Lots of tedious talking by university staff and lots of walking around. I also learned today not to get the American started on our country's politics. Goddamn did he have a lot of negative things to say. It's not that I even really disagreed very strongly with him, it was just tiresome to listen to and difficult to contribute my perspective.
  • It's 4:20 somewhere.
    Jesus. I feel like I'm so much cooler in Japan than I ever was in the U.S. It's a good place to be a drunk young American.

I went to do hanami tonight, and two nights before I went clubbing for the first time. More details later.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Golden Week's coming up in a couple weeks, isn't it? I hope that goes well for you. Though I'm still not sure why they call it Golden Week if it's only 3 days.

no I wasn't reminded of this by an LP of Persona 3 FES what could possibly give you that impression
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    "I feel like I'm so much cooler in Japan than I ever was in the U.S."

Funny, I wasn't there very long, but I kinda felt this way, too, when I was.
    ^^Yeah, first week of May, apparently. Luckily, it seems I get the whole week off.

But I always just figured it was called a golden week because it had holidays in it. It doesn't have to be an entire week off for it to be golden compared to a full work week.
  • edited 2012-04-15 14:13:19
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Excellent point. On another note, it's interesting to me that all the official holidays are on 3 consecutive days. I don't remember ever seeing anything like that here in the U.S.
    Things that happen in Japan and not in America often take place less often in America than in Japan.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.