Sonic the Hedgehog Heap

Comments

• I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    Exactly, Squid.

And it was terrible. There's a reason why a lot of people consider 2006 better than Secret Rings. 2006's horrible parts are much less than Secret Rings' bad gameplay. Mind you, not every thinks this, but this is sometimes how they view it.

I'm one of those people. Black Knight was fun, though.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    ^ The only thing that keeps me from playing Black Knight is that it still looks on the rails

So if I made a mix list of Sonic music starting from Adventure, which songs would everybody recommend?
  • edited 2012-03-15 01:04:30
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Of course I would have Open Your Heart on the list (and for that matter Live And Learn) :P

I also am adding Knight Of The Wind (Even at its worst Sonic games usually have great music)
    Black Knight is yes, on rails. It's not as bad, though. You can still decently control Sonic. The story is short as hell, though. :|
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    I've seen Let's Plays of it

11 videos to get through, including the Super Sonic boss
    Atleast the Storybook games gave us cool guys like Darkspine Sonic and Golden Knight Sonic(not sure of name). I like the new ideas.

I prefer Super Sonic when you can be as him through the levels, whether or not he has a story purpose. That's when I find him cool.

Also, Brawl should've had him use Ancient Light and/or the Bounce Attack. Screw Super Sonic, he's overused.
  • I liked Secret Rings. Not a lot of meat in it, but it was a decent week rental.

And because I liked Secret Rings, I also bought Black Knight, which was the least enjoyable videogame I've played in a long time.
  • edited 2012-03-15 16:17:39
    ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    ^^ You DO realize how much people would bitch if Super Sonic WASN'T Sonic's Final Smash, right?

But yeah, I do like new Super forms (Super Sonic is obviously Sonic gone Super Saiyan. Darkspine and Golden Knight were more creative. Hell, Hyper Sonic is better just by making him glow the colours of the Chaos Emeralds)

I really miss Super Knuckles and Super Tails :< Sonic Heroes had the perfect chance to bring Super Knuckles back at least

Also, anybody else notice that even deity-like beings can't make Super Sonic drop all of his rings at once, but instead somewhere from 10 to 20?
    ...Super Sonic is considered a god, that's why.

And honestly, Super Sonic is broken as hell in Brawl, so a lot of people would rather he had a more balanced Final Smash. So not as many as you think.

Anyway, Super Knuckles was possible, and Super Tails would've worked if they didn't de-age him again. He should've been atleast... 14, maybe 12?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 2012-03-15 16:59:58
    ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    ^^ They would have bitched if they didn't know how broken he was. And what does age have to do with super forms?

...And how is Super Sonic a god? Demigod I could maybe see (he is mortal and can die from crushing and drowning (why does he die from drowning yet not from being in outer space?)), but god? Might as well call regular Sonic a god when he gets invincibility

^ Crack Rings :D
    All the Sonic characters(even Eggman, but that was a gameplay part, and he probably can't) can breathe in space. Their lungs probably can produce air through the vacuum of space, but not through liquid. /WMG

He's treated as a God most of the time. Also, he can only be crushed via gameplay, but not officially in actual fights. If a tank falls on him, he'll blow it up. It's just a gameplay factor, not a true indication of his abilities.

Only a person old enough can use the Chaos Emeralds. Tails is too young to use the regular Emeralds, so he needs to be older to become regular Super Tails. Otherwise, he's practically as close to be a Hyper form as possible.
    Depends the storyline. Eggman(I'll use Robotnik to refer to either Gerald or the TV Show versions) possibly could.

However, note how the only characters who have done it have been a hero so far. I think the requirements are to be a hero(and not just a technical one like Eggman is sometimes) and being a Hedgehog helps.

Eggy could use a Prrrrrrrrromotion, though.
  • edited 2012-03-15 17:43:34
    Nor does any game for the most part. XD
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Maybe they can just include a video of them beating the hell out of a physics professor. 
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Irene: Where in the game canon does it say a minimum age is a requirement?
    @Justice42: So Professor Pickle? :P

@Crmirnauc: I think that was a Word of God statement, and not said directly in the games.

"Super Mode: Super Tails, which has only appeared in Sonic 3 And Knuckles so far. Unlike the rest of the characters, he needs the Super Emeralds rather than the Chaos Emeralds to achieve super form. According to Word Of God, this is due to his inexperience and young age. He even has four Super Flickies to attack enemies for him. In the Archie Comics, he can use the normal Chaos Emeralds to become Turbo Tails."
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    ^ Ah, ok then

:< I want Super Tails and his FoMD
    My theory is that "Super Tails" is truly "Hyper Tails" and that his Super form is weaker.

Also, this does explain why he didn't go Super in Sonic Heroes. Not just the age, but he never used the regular Chaos Emeralds before. No excuse for poor Knux, though. :<
  • edited 2012-03-15 18:49:29
    ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Irene: Metal Sonic has achieved a super form and, as I have just found out, so has a human villain called Ix. Also don't forget that when Chaos went on a rampage, he drained the emeralds of the negative energies (funnily enough, those energies are what gives them colour)

Mind you, Metal and Ix both needed the Master Emerald to achieve Super forms, and Chaos was mutated into a monstrous dragon and is basically a god in charge of the emeralds anyways, so he could easily just bypass the emerald's safe guards

Edit: It would explain why he got the flickies when literally no other Super Form gets an added feature like that
    I'm referring to using the Chaos or Super Emeralds. Master Emerald is another Kettle of Fish.

Also, touche on Chaos himself.

As for the Flickies, I'm sure it was a blatant shout out to the original series. Just like Sonic 3D Blast was. I don't know if Super Tails is even Canon at this point. Or Super Knuckles.
  • edited 2012-03-15 19:28:25
    ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Also Gemerl transformed using the Chaos Emeralds

I don't see why they would remove Super Knuckles out of the canon. It
    makes perfect sense - why WOULDN'T their guardian be able to draw on
    their strength to help himself protect them?

Hmm... Maybe the super forms DO depend on a hero/villain status - As I
    stated, Chaos drained only the negative energies, and Sonic only needed
    the positive energies to get to full power. And Perfect Chaos was more
    monstrous than a super form - in fact, the super forms have a bunch of
    stuff in common, so I'd expect a Super Chaos to share those features -
    glowing, a colour change, floating, elongated 'hair'

So maybe there are two forms Chaos Emeralds can induce? A Super form for
    if you draw from the positive energies, and a 'Perfect' (for lack of a
    better name) form that draws on the negative energies?
    That's entirely possible.

Also, you can do the entire Sonic storyline alone without any other Super/Hyper forms(besides possibly Sonic himself) and it could be Canon. If Sonic Heroes is Canon, then there's no way that Super Knuckles could've existed due to that. He doesn't just 'forget' how to do it. Something's wrong with that.

Anyway, yeah, only Heroes and Villains ever get it. And full ones. Tails barely got it. Eggman still has yet to, but that's probably because he's human. Also, it may be possible he's a robot instead, no wonder why he goes after the Master Emerald more often. ;)

I'd say the Master Emerald can only power up Robots, maybe?
  • edited 2012-03-15 20:11:35
    ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    ^ Gemerl is a robot, yet got changed (once again, not into a typical super form but a more unusual one) by the Chaos Emeralds, and Ix, a human, got a Super Form from the Master Emerald

Could be that a super form transformation can only be shared among your species (eg Super Sonic can only transform hedgehogs and Super Knuckles can only transform echidnas)?

Even Sonic going super when facing Gemerl doesn't conflict with this (If Gemerl was changed by the negative energies, then the positive energies are still available to Sonic)
    Hmm. That is a good point.

...Sega's not consistent. How about we leave it at that?

And to be fair, Knuckles has been around Chaos energy for AGES. He would know how to harness it, respectively.

I take it there's not much agreement in StH game canon?
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    ^^ Knuckles isn't very sharp, so he might not know

Then again, he took Sonic out of his super form in one hit, so he DOES know his stuff...
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    ^^I'm not sure about how consistent the whole game series canon is, but I'm pretty sure Crmirnauc is talking about the Archie comics, which don't agree that much with the games. Things get a bit confusing when that's thrown into the mix.

Ah, I remember the comic having pretty decent canon and that it was easily influenced by the games and TV series, but I never noticed it really let something that happened in the games change the comic except for add events or characters.

But I haven't read it in probably over a decade, so maybe there are some ret-cons. 
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    ^^ I have never even read the Archie Comics

Play Sonic Advance 3. Gemerl steals the Chaos Emeralds from you if you have them all then transforms into an orb that you have to chase down as Super Sonic
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I thought Ix was a comics-exclusive character, though. What game was he in?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I haven't really thought about the canon much, for some reason. But I do wonder what's happened to the Master Emerald as of late; it hasn't appeared in the main series since Sonic Adventure 2.

...you know, upon beating Sonic Unleashed, I found Amy's "Save the speech for later!" line to be a jab at the franchise's previous attempts at being deep.
  • edited 2012-03-15 20:31:03
    ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    ^^ Sonic Chronicles is the game (then again, Eggman is apparently dead in it (I haven't played it myself), so there is reason to doubt the legitimacy of its canon status

^ They haven't been near Angel Island :P

Oh, and here is a video of the fight with Gemerl (heh. Robotnik gets used as a projectile :D)

• edited 2012-03-15 20:35:05
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Huh. Sorry about that. I just thought I heard someone say that Ix was only in the comics' canon. Though now that you mention it, fan disagreements over what is canon may have come into play there.

Anyhow, my mistake. Carry on.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    God Sonic canon is almost as hard to make sense of as Zelda's Timeline (seriously Nintendo? THREE timelines!? That just brings up MORE questions!)
  • edited 2012-03-15 20:57:29
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    ...Alright, so this means Sonic's continuity is worse than Zelda's
  • edited 2012-03-16 02:12:20
    I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    Sonic Chronicles isn't Canon via Word of God, so don't worry about that one.

Hell, Knuckles' Chaotix apparently isn't Canon.(Probably to write out Mighty?)

Note that Sonic Battle is officially canon but the Advance games might be Canon.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    ^ Might be?

Well, if they are canon, then the transformations could be put down to negative vs positive. If not, then it could be that or that Chaos just has an inate link to the Chaos Emeralds and as such can bypass certain features
    Well, Chaos can be excused as he was the guardian of the Emeralds and the Chao. He probably knew of the powers long ago.

I don't disagree with the ability to use positive or negative, though. It's simply a matter of what's in one's heart. I'm sure if Eggman tried to go Super, he'd be like Dark Super Sonic.(if it worked)
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    It would be a hilarious game opening if Eggman went, "Fuck it", used the Chaos Emeralds, and went 'Perfect' (is their a fanon name for monstrous transformations induced by the emeralds?) and kicked Sonic's ass, leading to a game where Sonic had to find the now scattered emeralds and use the positive energies to go Super and stop the now insane doctor
  • edited 2012-03-16 02:23:44
  • edited 2012-03-16 02:25:00
    ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    ^ YES

And end it with Sonic coming back because he forgot he had an extra life, leading to Eggman hanging himself
    lol

I'd love that. XD

Although Amy being the final boss works. :P
  • edited 2012-03-16 03:00:21
    ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Ok, I just learned something:

Losing your french curves and then attempting to draw a Sonicesque character for the hell of it is a stupid idea

Also learned another thing:

Fuck wings on Sonicesque characters. Fuck them straight to hell

lol, what?