* Home Alone II

* Honey I Shrunk The Kids

* Whatever christmas movie it is that's like, Ultra Memey

would be something that would be vaguely relevant on a semi-regular basis
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I've seen all of those!

but that isn't relevant at all
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    In Honey I Shrunk the Kids, there was a scene where an ant died and it was very sad
  • I've _played_ Home Alone; does that count?
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    ^^^^ I haven't seen any of those either, FWIW.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I've seen all of those except A Christmas Story, which I think is the one Naney's referring to?
  • I actually fucking hate A Christmas Story because my family used to make the kids watch it every. fucking. year.

I didn't like it to begin with and with repetition I've come to actually loathe it.

"you'll shoot your eye out ki-" NO SHUT THE FUCK UP THAT'S NOT A FUNNY LINE
  • edited 2017-02-23 04:39:07
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    ^^^ I thought he was referring to Jingle All The Way, but that makes sense too.

My last post remains unchanged either way.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    My mother hates A Christmas Story

I think it's a Classic because after Ted Turner bought the MGM library he would run it on TBS ad nauseam
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Anonus said:

I think it's a Classic because after Ted Turner bought the MGM library he would run it on TBS ad nauseam

I can't tell what level of sarcasm you're operating on here.

Anyway the joke is that Donald Trump has never been this nice in his entire life
  • Anonus said:

he's being serious and I'm pretty sure he's right. It's one of those things that a lot of people know of because it's very widely-distributed.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

Anonus said:

why not
    This was also the case with It's A Wonderful Life and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
    Anonus said:

Anonus said:

why not
    I mean, do you mean that you personally think it's a classic or is this meant purely as a joke about the effect of reruns on popular culture or what?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Imagine he put "Classic" in quotes, then it might read as the intended meaning
    It's the "I think it's a..." phrasing I was having trouble with, but I assumed it was meant humorously.
  • edited 2017-02-23 05:07:59
    I thought the Christmas movie would be one of the renditions of A Christmas Carol.  Or The Sound of Music.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

I've _played_ Home Alone; does that count?

Which one? was it the Genesis one, I remember that one being a snoozefest.
  • I've _played_ Home Alone; does that count?

Which one? was it the Genesis one, I remember that one being a snoozefest.
    SNES.

Was a weird design.

Each level was "collect valuable items around the house and deposit enough of them into a safe, then go to the basement and beat up a boss with falling bricks in order to secure the safe".

Well it worked I guess.

Also had random Nutcracker music.
  • edited 2017-02-23 23:02:59
    I liked a christmas story, I think

never saw any form of home alone though

and I never saw honey I shrunk the kids but I watched at least two episodes of the tv series (??)