"The moral in South Park is that the truth is always in the middle"

2»

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Yeah, South Park is occasionally sincere, but it's always in the same tone and it kind of kills it.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I recently looked up the Wikipedia entry on "Chef Goes Nanners" and Matt Stone said it was kind of half-baked

I remember not knowing what the hell point that episode was trying to make, and I'm glad it wasn't just young me being dense
  • Chef Goes Nanners strikes me as one of the more thematically honest episodes of South Park

The scenes where the townsfolk are talking about their opinions and revealing that they don't really have any are pretty spot on, as is the amended flag (which I maintain is one of South Park's best jokes)
  • edited 2016-10-18 09:36:04
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    i was a dumb autistic kid who didn't know what to make of satire :n
  • edited 2016-10-18 10:19:26
    Oh, don't call yourself dumb. You just didn't see something in it that I did. It's freakin' South Park, I think "not getting it" is an entirely reasonable response because so often there really *isn't* a thematic backbone
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    South Park is an insult to the Middle Path.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

South Park is an insult to the Middle Path.

It is an insult to the path of the righteous and the purpose of creation.
  • So, just for giggles, compare and contrast:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaVWRetR4jg#t=0m7s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0BuPgrBwHU#t=0m35s
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    And as we all realized, George W. Bush was exactly as bad as John Kerry
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I hated "Douche and Turd", though less for the message and mostly because I hated the scene where they rip off pieces of Stan's clothing and spit on him >_>