Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll............

2»

Comments

• A lot of places in developed countries are gaining tree cover pretty quickly because it turns out that plants grow back pretty fast when you just leave them alone.

Not necessarily the same ones as used to be there, so you can gripe about biodiversity loss, but it's still better than nothing.

Ok, that's much more feasible than my classes led me to believe. It is unfortunate that native plants can't grow back as much, but that's part of environmental adaptation, which is necessary as this point. I think I remember reading once that a certain amount if species go extinct daily? I don't have the source to back this up though. I wish they'd do that in Idaho. Some of our mountains are ugly as shit because they took chunks out of the forests.

Odradek: Hey!

CA: -hugs- What's up? I missed you! I kept seeing Junie B. Jones books at this local bookstore I like to go to.

^Thanks. How's it going?
  • You probably don't remember me.
  • I'm tempted to start a shit thread, hen I don't feel like le poopy from this cold.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^^ Pretty good. Didn't sleep nearly enough but I'm listening to Birchville Cat Motel so I guess that's pretty chill in a weird way?
  • ^^^ Pretty good. Didn't sleep nearly enough but I'm listening to Birchville Cat Motel so I guess that's pretty chill in a weird way?

I feel ya. I woke up at 10 last night, couldn't sleep until 2 a.m.

What's Birchville Cat Motel?
  • Long time no see! 
  • No kidding! How are you?
  • I'm all right. Still working in the antiques shop, but have lost my mom and gained a cat since we last talked, so those are the Big Events in the past few years for me.
  • Dang, sorry to hear that. What's your cat's name?
  • A lot of places in developed countries are gaining tree cover pretty quickly because it turns out that plants grow back pretty fast when you just leave them alone.

Not necessarily the same ones as used to be there, so you can gripe about biodiversity loss, but it's still better than nothing.

Ok, that's much more feasible than my classes led me to believe. It is unfortunate that native plants can't grow back as much, but that's part of environmental adaptation, which is necessary as this point. I think I remember reading once that a certain amount if species go extinct daily? I don't have the source to back this up though. I wish they'd do that in Idaho. Some of our mountains are ugly as shit because they took chunks out of the forests.
    Native plants could grow back; it all depends on the exact plant.  Some grow faster than others.

The biodiversity thing has to do with the process of ecological succession -- you're not going to get an old-growth forest with its species composition immediately when trees start growing back.  You'll get early adopters, and then only later when you get a thicker, more mature stand of woodland, will you get some other species.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

^^^ Pretty good. Didn't sleep nearly enough but I'm listening to Birchville Cat Motel so I guess that's pretty chill in a weird way?

I feel ya. I woke up at 10 last night, couldn't sleep until 2 a.m.

What's Birchville Cat Motel?
    Experimental music project, kind of a drone/noise thing involving guitar feedback and analogue synths, sometimes with an ambient or doom metal feel. The guy behind it, Campbell Kneale, has a zillion side-projects and apparently is also a rotating player in a bunch of bands.
  • I'm mostly not here anymore, but that doesn't stop me from being here.
  • Dang, sorry to hear that. What's your cat's name?

Her name's Dusty. She'll be three years old next month.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    JZ was here

this

this makes me happier
  • IMI
    IMI
    IMI
    COME BACK

PLAY ME METAL

I SAW BLACK TUSK TWO WEEKS AGO

I'M GONNA SEE EYEHATEGOD IN JUNE

Vriska: Is she sweet or a bastard?

Glenn: Okay, this makes more sense. It always seemed absolutely hopeless before. It just takes time and non-interference.
    YES JZ

METAL!

YOU SAW BLACK TUSK, THAT IS COOL!
    Seriously though, I'm sorry things seem to be kinda not good for you, but it is nice to see you.
  • YES!! They were awesome. I got to meet them after to because my friend grew up with the bands members. Even Athon before he died.

I've been more into metal recently.

It happens. I'm glad to see you again to. How's stuff going?
    Wellllllll I'm working the same dumb job and play more video games than I used to.

That's pretty much it.
  • Yay dumb jobs! I feel ya there 100%

I've been drawing more. It's all weird.
    Drawing more is good.
  • I'M GONNA SEE EYEHATEGOD IN JUNE

nnniiiiiiccceeee

oh also I'm naney/inane242 by the way

I'm not sure if our tenures on this site had much of an overlap?
  • ^^ When I get around to it, I'll post some shit.

^I remember you. But, you prolly came around near the start of my abscence.
  • The cat is literally an ankle biter, mostly sweet though. She purrs a lot and loves everyone except the vet.