Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll............

.........that was some hiatus. I'm not sure. If I even recognize me.

Kids these days.

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    hiya

how goes college
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    hi JZ
  • edited 2016-03-29 06:21:48
    It's gone, forever. My dreams have officially died. I now work at the world's shittiest hardware store.

How are your life endeavors?

Hi, Lee.
    gone? what happened?

i'm probably failing my community college classes >_<
  • Hey, welcome back.

It's gone, forever. My dreams have officially died. I now work at the world's shittiest hardware store.

Ha ha, same. Except without employability.
  • Also good job timing your long hiatus ending with Homestuck's.
  • I graduated, but barely. In a fiery flame of depression, terrible choices, and abusive relationships. Patterns of your youth never f--king leave.

Oh dang, that's sorry to hear. Now that I'm done with school, I know how it's really not for everyone. What were you hoping to go for?
  • JUMPING ZOMBIE! YOU'RE ALIVE

-hugs you tight-

I thought I'd never see you again!

I'm sorry college didn't work out though...
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Long time, barely see until now. Welcome back. We've hardly interacted, though I'm glad to see you around again.
  • edited 2016-03-29 06:30:31
    Haven: Haha it is what it is. I work full time in a dead end job because I can't go back home. I really want to leave but I need money.

Yarr: -hugs back- =) It kinda worked out. I had a lot of issues my last year. One of the main things was getting a concussion that made school difficult.

I didn't know if I was coming back. Or that the forum lived on.

Crystal: Thank you.
  • Hey there, Jay Z

still making music?
  • Hi Jumpingzombie.

I forget how long it's been since we last talked (though we didn't talk much in the first place, I used to be Spain Sun).

I'm a girl now. 
    concussion?
  • Tre: What's up?

No, not anymore. I don't do much of anything anymore. I learned finally that nothing that makes you happy really matters. You just settle and realize you are worthless compared to your crazy supervisor's messed up children.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Crystal said:

Long time, barely see until now. Welcome back. We've hardly interacted, though I'm glad to see you around again.

• Jane: Ah yeah. I remember haha. Yeah, I wasn't as active as much anymore. What else is going on?

AU: I feel on black ice two thanksgivings ago. I hit my temple and had a minor concussion. It wasn't terrible, but it did affect my brainhole. Stress did not help and last year was recovery.
    do you feel better since that?
  • I feel better now (well, I'm quite sick right now, just with cold/flu but that is not related). It took awhile, though.
    that's good...

you know, you just barely missed Centie and I donning My Little Pony avatars again
  • edited 2016-03-29 06:56:27
    Oh darn! haha I haven't been in ponies for so long.

How's things going for you otherwise?

EDIT: (And you guys are still together?? YAY! :))
    I totaled the family car last year (but got a replacement), and both my grandparents died. (We inherited another car from them but that got traded in for another yesterday for being a fixer-upper)

I got back into MLP because I can't tolerate Steven Universe being on hiatus.
    Also Centie and I want to meet up again in May.
  • Ah, well at least it got replaced! I got my first car ever last September. It's pretty good, but I had a tire blow out a few weeks ago which has made me afraid of it.

Nice, I'm glad y'all are still together.
    Thanks.

I'm still reeling from the accident, despite it being a year ago and three months after I got my license...I'm likely going to own one of the cars we have someday though, Mother's prepared for it to eventually be my possession
  • I'm working long hours as a teaching assistant.

The teaching part is great.

The grading part is...well, grating.
    Also I write way more often now! Original stuff, and fanfiction. I denigrate myself often for my shitty ideas.
  • Anon: I understand. Car accidents can be very traumatic, even if everything turns out okay. It's good she's letting you have one of the cars. Transportation is invaluable.

What are you focusing on in your writing?

I also got my will back to write, but a few weeks ago I gave up again. One day it'll come back for real.
  • Glenn: Yeah TA gigs are annoying and full of ignorant kids. What's your focus? And I assume you're in grad school?

Anon: I understand. Car accidents can be very traumatic, even if everything turns out okay. It's good she's letting you have one of the cars. Transportation is invaluable.

What are you focusing on in your writing?

I also got my will back to write, but a few weeks ago I gave up again. One day it'll come back for real.

A bunch of things I contextualized as TV series: an alternate universe continuation of 101 Dalmatians: The Series, a comedy series based on the old Hanna-Barbera short cartoons I called Cirque du Yogi, and things I don't want to talk about in public, like The Gratuitous Adventures of Butch & Femme (title courtesy of Centie) and Red Barons.

What do you like to write?
  • Your fanfiction actually seems interesting haha. A have a couple friends in RL who love writing and talking about it on facebook, but it's mostly smut for series I have no interest in.

I  mostly focus on original piece. A lot of my stuff is surreal and kind of dark. It varies from fantasy to more real world based stuff.
    ooh!

I post 101 here and CDY here (there's barely anything there now, little is suitable to be posted yet)

How dark is your stuff?
  • Cool. I will have to check it out when my eyes don't hurt.

Fairly, there's a lot of dying, dysfunction, commentary on drug abuse. A lot of it is reflections on things that have happened to me and people I know. I'm one of those "draw on your your ~experience~" kind of writers.
    oh

i feel like i'm inferior for being concerned with a lot of fantastical shit

about the only death there is is that Doggie Mommy is dead, leaving Doggie Daddy a widow and Augie without a mom
  • edited 2016-03-29 08:16:03
    Hey, there's a place for all kinds of stories.You should never feel pressured to write about topics that you don't feel comfortable with. If it makes you feel fulfilled as a creative person, that's what counts. Dark subject matter does not a good artist make.

And I love fantastical shit, I just haven't don't as much recently because writing is a catharsis for me and has helped me reconcile some things.
    that's good
  • Glenn: Yeah TA gigs are annoying and full of ignorant kids. What's your focus? And I assume you're in grad school?

yes

environmental science

the students are decent for the most part

the problem is the amount of busywork in the lab write-ups
  • Cool, do you have a specific focus?

Blah, I remember my Environmental Science 101 labs. They made us go down to the local river and chop down weeds.
  • edited 2016-03-29 08:52:15
    we're not doing that

this is also the basic lab for non-majors

i personally focus on forest policy but that has little relationship to this class
  • edited 2016-03-29 08:56:20
    and i remember you are from idaho and you were on your school's swim team

or something like that
  • Ah, yeah some of our labs were dumb. And then we'd have the classes where we just filled out sheets as a class.

Are you going to be a state park ranger?

Why, yes, yes I am and did. I need to get back into swimming, it's been awhile. Tehnically I only lived in Idaho for 12 years. I was born in Nevada.
  • I wanna get back into swimming.

Never actually did so as a formal sport, but it's something I like doing.  And my skin is mostly better now so I can actually do it.

I also need more exercise anyway.

And I think I might actually get into policy stuff.  I'm most interested in climate change policy.  Forest policy is something I'm researching in the context of climate change mitigation efforts.
  • I need to exercise more.

I prefer open water swimming to pool swimming.

That's pretty cool, actually. What kind of specifics for climate change policy? Like, for companies that need to be more environmentally aware?
  • edited 2016-03-29 09:17:43
    I haven't been to a pool in like forever.  Been here at this school and have had access to the pool but I just haven't used it.

And, I'm talking about things like efforts to encourage regrowth and preservation of forests.

Mitigation is ways to keep greenhouse gases from entering the atmosphere, or to remove them from the atmosphere.  So, regrowing forests or preserving existing forests are ways to do that.
  • I had access to a really nice recreation center at college. But,I only used it about two years. Sorta wish I could go back there without paying a lot of money.

Ah, I see,

I have always like the idea of mitigation but people make it seem very unfeasible; that it would take too much space to grow enough trees to make a difference.
  • A lot of places in developed countries are gaining tree cover pretty quickly because it turns out that plants grow back pretty fast when you just leave them alone.

Not necessarily the same ones as used to be there, so you can gripe about biodiversity loss, but it's still better than nothing.

Big problem in some tropical countries is deforestation.  Affecting places like Indonesia, Brazil, DRC, Ecuador, etc..  Causes range from cash crops/pastures to wanting to put up plantations for certain products to subsistence farming (less frequently) to fossil fuel production.
  • I'm still interested in the idea of non-biological carbon sequestration -- i.e. by things like injecting CO2 into the ground -- but unfortunately last I heard these efforts were still in their relative infancy, and generally used to help get more fossil fuel out of the ground.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Hey.

I am me.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Hey, you're back! AWESOME. It's great to see old friends again after so long. ^_^

Quick update: I'm at Ohio State now majoring in civil engineering, Anonus and I are still together and we see each other in person at least once a year, and I'm finally making progress toward living as a woman, with my name change hearing scheduled for next week. :D
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Really glad to have you back, JZ.