• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    you forgot George Lucas

unlike the others, though, he deserves it
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I expected Macklemore.
  • John Green

E.L. James

Stephanie Meyer
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I was going to post this elsewhere, but I felt this was a better place.

Guy's been crying.
  • allegedly he paid someone $15 million to not release the new Kanye West album and the person he paid turned out to not actually be affiliated with GOOD Music because, surprise, rich idiots are still idiots and are easily scammed.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    though he said he was talking to satoshi so he's probably just making shit up like when he punched a wall
  • i'm surprised justin bieber hasn't come up yet
    bieber's honestly kind of a prick but he still doesn't deserve the transphobic abuse
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Terrifying thought: Shkreli is exactly the kind of self-important idiot who will have a vanity presidential campaign 20 years down the line
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I doubt he'll have enough money, but anything's possible.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    He'll be in jail.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    He will not collect $200
  • I wouldn't be surprised if he slips out of it, TBH
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

He'll be in jail.

see you have more faith in our justice system than i do if you think they'll actually manage to keep a rich white boy in jail
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

Peter Moffat

and Steven!

(there was actually a Doctor Who writer named Peter Moffatt, whose output varied in quality, but it's Steven who gets most of the hate; idk if you're referring to a different person with the same name?)
    I don't know why I had it in my head that his name was Stephen

Why are there two different ways to spell "Steven" anyways??
    i can never remember which it is, but i googled and it's Steven
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    It's so we can tell Stephen Fry from Steven Fry.

One's an athiest, one's a christian singer.
    (as to WHY, lots of names have variant spellings, since there's no standardization and you can't very well tell someone they're spelling their own name wrong.  "Stephen" is the older spelling; i would guess "Steven" probably became more prevalent due to the popularity of the nickname "Steve"?)
  • you know it's me and you

and our dog Blue
    Tachyon said:

(as to WHY, lots of names have variant spellings, since there's no standardization and you can't very well tell someone they're spelling their own name wrong.  "Stephen" is the older spelling; i would guess "Steven" probably became more prevalent due to the popularity of the nickname "Steve"?)

I wouldn't be surprised if "Steven" was an American variation

Ever since Noah Webster, Americans have had this thing about spelling words how they sound :P
  • edited 2016-02-15 21:58:10
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    maybe

hm, i was thinking both were probably more common in the US than over here, but that appears not to be the case
  • edited 2016-02-15 21:58:48
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    The spelling "Stephen" reached its peak of popularity in the United States in the period 1949–1951, when it was the 19th most popular name for newborn boys. It stayed in the top 100 boys' names from 1936 through 2000, and for most years between 1897 and 1921. In 2008 it was the 192nd most common name for boys.[9]

The spelling "Steven" reached its peak of popularity in the United States in the period 1955–1961, when it was the 10th most popular name for newborn boys. It stayed in the top 100 boys' names from 1941 through 2007. In 2008 it was the 104th most popular name for boys. Before the 20th century, the "Steven" spelling was heavily outweighed by "Stephen", never reaching above 391st.[9]

In England and Wales, neither "Stephen" nor "Steven" was among the top 100 names for newborn boys in 2003–2007.[10] In Scotland, "Steven" and "Stephen" were the 8th and 10th most popular names for newborn boys in 1975, but were not in the top ten in 1900, 1950 or 2000.[11] "Stephen" was 68th in 1900,[12] and 46th in 1950,[13] while "Steven" was not in the top 100 either year. Neither spelling was in the top 100 names for newborn boys in Scotland in 2008.[14] Neither "Stephen" nor "Steven" was among top 25 most popular baby boys' names in Ireland in 2006 or 2007.[15]
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

He'll be in jail.

see you have more faith in our justice system than i do if you think they'll actually manage to keep a rich white boy in jail
    He's the new Bernie Madoff.

The guy everyone in his industry decides to pounce upon to distract attention away from their own wrongdoings.

He'll go to jail and stay there.

schefawn

shuhvahn
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

He'll be in jail.

He's the new Bernie Madoff.

The guy everyone in his industry decides to pounce upon to distract attention away from their own wrongdoings.

He'll go to jail and stay there.
    That, and he's an unusually egregious example of his type. He's basically narcissistic avarice and arrogance personified. Even other scumbags want to take him down a peg on principle.
  • I hope every person like him dies, actually.
  • well, people do tend to die more often than not
  • To be more specific I hope he dies soon.
    I hope he inspires systemic change that prevents people from doing quieter and more devious versions of the stuff he does openly and mockingly
  • I keep on wanting to pronounce "Stephen" like "steffen" but I don't think there's anyone who actually has that name and pronounces it like that.

Thankfully, "Stefan" has an unambiguous pronunciation.
  • Calica said:

I hope he inspires systemic change that prevents people from doing quieter and more devious versions of the stuff he does openly and mockingly

and then dies.
  • Thankfully, "Stefan" has an unambiguous pronunciation.

I've definitely heard this pronounced as both "STEF-an" and "ste-FAHN".
  • Calica said:

This.

Honestly literal bloodthirst, even directed at him, is more horrifying than what he was doing.  Either be progressive, or be vindictive and disproportionate -- they're pretty mutually exclusive ideas.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Not to mention the fact that he wants to be the world's supervillain, and wishing he'd die is just giving him what he wants.

He's been ejected from his position of power and will sink ever deeper into irrelevance over whatever period of time until he's finally put behind bars. That, not death, is what really scares him.
  • kill living beings
    i hope he gives me ten million dollars for no reason, I think
  • i hope he gives me ten million dollars for no reason, I think

i'd be down with this
  • Not to mention the fact that he wants to be the world's supervillain, and wishing he'd die is just giving him what he wants.

I don't care what he wants, though.
    Bee said:

Calica said:

This.

Honestly literal bloodthirst, even directed at him, is more horrifying than what he was doing.  Either be progressive, or be vindictive and disproportionate -- they're pretty mutually exclusive ideas.
    I was not really in a good state of mind when I made that post.

He is an asshole though.

You can choose to not believe me of course, I am an occasionally extremely judgmental and vindictive person, but usually only when I'm angry.

I guess that's most people actually.

I don't consider it one of my good points though. Maybe that's the difference between me and people who really strongly support the death penalty.
  • Incidentally I don't appreciate being bundled with other liberals since I disagree with much of the rest of the left semi-often, but I suspect you wouldn't appreciate being bundled with other conservatives, so fair play I guess.
  • edited 2016-02-16 02:09:41
    kill living beings
    Also I hope that somehow the economics of pharmaceutical R&D and marketing are somehow magically made less incredibly broken, because that doesn't seem to be a thing politicians are doing, and in any case it's hard and maybe impossible.