looks sideways at fine bros controversy

2»

Comments

• edited 2016-02-16 02:46:43
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    FWIW, I thought the Folding Ideas video Sredni linked was fair, and had no traces of mockery, mean-spirited or otherwise, in it.
  • that;s not what i was talking about tho
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i also thought the Folding Ideas video was pretty good
  • the folding ideas video was indeed pretty good
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I won't apologize for mocking The Fine Bros because I stand by the notion that what they did was short-sighted and ill-conceived.

But that doesn't mean I think this is, in any way, representative of all YouTube producers.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I'm honestly okay now that we've established that the criticism of them was fair.

FWIW, I do agree with CA here.
  • I won't apologize for mocking The Fine Bros because I stand by the notion that what they did was short-sighted and ill-conceived.

But that doesn't mean I think this is, in any way, representative of all YouTube producers.
    fair
    there is probably wider discussion to be had about abuses of copyright and patent law but i'm not the person to talk about it

i definitely don't think The Fine Bros are representative of all YouTube producers
  • kill living beings
    i personally pay much more attention to patent trolls than to youtube content whatever, so that's why i was annoyed
    now that the controversy has died down a little i guess i'll say i'm a bit sad this happened

because it was really crappy and offputting, but like, i quite liked their approach to video games, where they'd get responses from people (mostly children and the elderly) who clearly weren't accustomed to playing video games at all

they were making something that was entertaining to me, and then they did this
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Yeah, agreed. They did what they did well, and then they screwed it up by overreaching and getting belligerent about it, and that's really disappointing.