Full House

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I don't know, I just feel weird when people assume the networks own their shows
  • edited 2015-11-24 22:20:44
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It just strikes me as a reasonable assumption to make.

I never thought about it one way or the other before I met you...
    I used to assume Fox owned Star Wars until 2012 and they just gave Lucas a lot of leeway with it, so...
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    It has always come off as homing in on an more-or-less irrelevant aspect - however factual - to the actual points people are trying to make, or ways they're trying to approach the specific pieces of media, and sometimes further extrapolating from that, at least to me. Which I can't say I'm a fan of.
    well I'm not "looking down" per se, I just think the conclusion is odd because, like, neither ABC nor CBS's logos have ever been at the end of those shows

RIP Bill Scott
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    tbh normally i'd agree with Crystal and CA here but if you're going to make a claim like "the rights are all fucked" i kinda expect you to know what you're talking about
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    on the other hand, it's an "I think"
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Do you expect a guy who calls himself “Billy Superstar” and runs a comedy blog to rigorously factcheck things?
    The real answer would likely be "low sales" or "WB being WB"

I usually reserve the latter for my complaining about Quick Draw McGraw or most of Tex Avery's MGM oeuvre, but still
    Calica said:

on the other hand, it's an "I think"

true
    Tachyon said:

tbh normally i'd agree with Crystal and CA here but if you're going to make a claim like "the rights are all fucked" i kinda expect you to know what you're talking about

I haven't read these posts in-depth, I should note. That quote does sound utterly silly to me.

Do you expect a guy who calls himself “Billy Superstar” and runs a comedy blog to rigorously factcheck things?

Haha, no. And see above.
    I am starting to wonder if this show helped ruin Rocky & Bullwinkle for a generation, though that might be silly
    Also, WB seems perfectly fine with Joey using their beloved Looney Tunes® characters to spit in people's faces
    . . . elaborate?
    Anonus said:

I am starting to wonder if this show helped ruin Rocky & Bullwinkle for a generation, though that might be silly

Joey's constant shitty impressions of Bullwinkle
    Also, that shitty video game and the 2000 movie
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    It's been close to twenty years and the time that Michelle yanked a cartridge out of their N64 without powering it down first has STILL GOT ME STEAMED
    N64?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It was actually a Super Nintendo, because 1994.

But yeah, she just straight-up yanked the cartridge out while it was actively being played. You could tell the people who made this show didn't really know how video games worked.
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    Oh man, was it a Super Nintendo? Wee Baby Seamus totally thought it was an N64.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    clearly it was a nintendo playstation
    Joey makes me ashamed to be a cartoon nerd
    Anonus said:

Joey makes me ashamed to be a cartoon nerd

Don't
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    The Super NES even had an eject button for fucks sake!
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Please do not engage in sake-induced intercourse with your Super Nintendo Entertainment System. Nintendo accepts no liability for any damages or injury sustained by utilisation of the device in such a manner.
    "Everyone tells Becky that there’s no way that she’ll be able to convince Jesse to attend her baby shower but she protests that it’s the 90’s and men are way cooler about that kind of shit now. Remember when everyone used to always say 'it’s the 90’s'? I wish I didn’t."

This is what I meant when I talked about "it's the '90s"
    Also, people don't seem to talk about the '90s with much fondness aside from people shitting themselves over how good Nickelodeon was back then
    More babies

More babies!

I don't know. It's getting hard to read these.

Goddammit, Joey, are there any pursuits of mine you aren't going to fuck up?
    "Meanwhile, Jesse and Becky spend time with their new twin potatoes and I have to point out that them being parents is FUCKING BORING. All we’ve seen so far are a bunch of drawn-out scenes of them talking to non-responsive infants while the audience goes 'aww' at random intervals."

god
    Wait Scott Menville is in this show?

Oh my god. Oh my fucking god. Fucking amazing
  • I used to love that show.

I rewatched some episodes recently because LOLNOSTALGIA and... wow it was so cheesy.

I always liked Kimmy Gibbler though and I don't know why.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Anonus said:

More babies

More babies!

I don't know. It's getting hard to read these.
    Gee Anonus, maybe you should have a little mercy.
  • have a little mercy.

don't you mean

Yes Vriska, make the joke more obvious.

How rude of you.
  • Sorry.
  • XD
    "Danny prepares his acceptance speech for some unnamed awards show for which Wake Up, San Francisco has a nomination. Becky tells him not to bother with preparing a speech because they always lose to Up and At ‘Em, Oakland. That’s right, bitches, OAKLAND REPRESENT! Even though that’s not a real show, I still gots to represent Oakland. Muthafuckas step to Oakland get stabbed, son. That’s all I gots to say."

I may have my issues with football, but prominent blog writers never seem to rep Denver/the Broncos

(Yes I am projecting the Broncos-Raiders thing onto this)
    Nobody reps us
    what does it mean to "rep"
  • what does it mean to "rep"

a rep is the number of times you perform a specific exercise, and a set is the number of reps you complete

what does it mean to "rep"

Represent.
    oh
    Rep(G) refers to the category of representations of G; that is, the vector spaces with a linear G-action
    god I'm like Drew Magary, how he mopes about the lack of a "Vikings Nation" but also Minnesota being a giant minivan with a family stick figure sticker on the back windshield
    please stop reading deadspin, it's not worth it