Anime

Comments

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

I thought someone from Gurren Lagann also worked on Kamen Rider Fourze, but I don't remember who it was.

Kazuki Nakashima, the writer for TTGL (and I think the other Imaishi works as well), was the head writer for Fourze, yeah
    more importantly, PART 4 CONFIRMED

GET HYPE
  • kill living beings
    woo
  • edited 2015-10-26 18:48:35
    The very beginning of Guilty Crown -- the first twenty seconds or so -- is very impactful and memorable.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Someone recommend a manga that's online for me to read.
  • Torgo said:

Anything in particular you're looking for?
    "Not Gantz"
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Kuro. Because guardian demon kitty.
  • Torgo said:

Magic Knight Rayearth

Metroid
  • kill living beings
    kuro
    Checked, it's been licensed
  • Torgo said:

"Not Gantz"

Vagabond: Adaptation of the novel Musashi by Eiji Yoshikawa, it follow Miyamoto Mushashi from his beginning as kind of a punk who goes around challenging people to death-matches to one of the most respected swordsman of all Japan. Also, has some of the best art in any manga, period.

One Outs: Review here b/c I'm lazy: http://heapershangout.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/495999/#Comment_495999

Dante's Divine Comedy: http://heapershangout.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/506935/#Comment_506935
  • Also, Teppu is good. It's about Women's MMA.
  • kill living beings
    the ending was so rushed lol
  • rayman said:

the ending was so rushed lol

Yeah, that was disappointing.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Otoyomegatari.
  • Five girls who are aiming to become idols, lead the viewer through practicing various types of training, such as push-up, sit-up, back extension, dance, yoga, stretch, trunk training, and Tai Chi, while talking to viewers.
  • Torgo said:

How about Scorebook, a baseball comic written by someone who apparently is not all that familiar with the rules of baseball?
    Kikimimi Zukan is pretty fun.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Obligatory Hourou Musuko plug. It's been licenced, but the official English translation isn't going to be finished for several more years yet. (They started in 2011 and are about halfway through.)
  • i just watched a 2 part jormungand episode and i have to say that was the best paced 2 part episode of enything ive ever seen
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    Jormungand is one of those shows I simply stopped watching despite liking it a whole bunch 
  • it seems to be in a perpectual state of wanting to have its cake and eat it too, but it has so much cake that it might just work out in the end
  • edited 2015-10-30 04:41:39

I remember the first season being pretty fun, kinda like Black Lagoon without the depressing backstories and doesn't take itself as seriously, but I remember the second season becoming a train wreck halfway through.
  • everyone in this show is kinda adorable tbh

also most of them are terrifying
  • edited 2015-10-30 05:00:53
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I still find this dialogue to be, like, really dumb and melodramatic in itself, and I like melodrama. Perhaps it'd make more sense in context, since apparently main dude's been a dummy, but geez it's close to intolerable. I do like how the VA sells it though.

Never mind all of the "Wow, so accurate!!" comments I've seen about it.
    Apparently the girl's basically ripping the guy a new one for being a condescending, self-absorbed asshole, albeit in the context of her finally snapping from him treating her like crap.

I can't remember precisely where it's from, though, but I can guess.
  • it's #relatable because it's about the collapse of human communication and how people only talk via references or something

when I first saw it it greatly upset me for several reasons and I've sworn off the anime it's from (Inou Battle) because of it.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    0vvvv0 said:

Apparently the girl's basically ripping the guy a new one for being a condescending, self-absorbed asshole, albeit in the context of her finally snapping from him treating her like crap.

I can't remember precisely where it's from, though, but I can guess.

Mmm, I watched it a few times through the first time through and I could get behind that. It just got too repetitive for my tastes. The source is in the tags.

it's #relatable because it's about the collapse of human communication and how people only talk via references or something

when I first saw it it greatly upset me for several reasons and I've sworn off the anime it's from (Inou Battle) because of it.
    Literally one of the most tedious things for me.
  • edited 2015-10-30 05:23:51
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^ That's not the vibe I got on seeing it, although it does seem to be a pretty obvious bird flip to the protagonists of stuff like SAO.
  • kill living beings
    plot looks boring
  • edited 2015-10-30 05:35:20
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    It does sound a bit of a snore, but I seem to have been right about the context.
    Windy Tales looks intriguingly odd.
  • if you're gonna watch that also watch Kamichu! which is conceptually similar and one of my favorite shows ever.
    I was less taken by the concept than the art and the vibe it seemed to be going for, but I will keep it in mind!

some of the best dialogue in anime history
    That's deep, brah.
  • this entire episode is centered around the growing conflict between country A and country B
  • and Koko is here trying to sell predator drones and now she is arguing with that CIA agent lady
  • kill living beings
    ok that rules
  • 0vvvv0 said:

I was less taken by the concept than the art and the vibe it seemed to be going for, but I will keep it in mind!

there is an episode that is a cat-based parody of Fight Club and contains a character named Tyler Nyarden

0vvvv0 said:

there is an episode that is a cat-based parody of Fight Club and contains a character named Tyler Nyarden

...OK, sold.
  • edited 2015-10-31 16:36:34
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

I still find this dialogue to be, like, really dumb and melodramatic in itself, and I like melodrama. Perhaps it'd make more sense in context, since apparently main dude's been a dummy, but geez it's close to intolerable. I do like how the VA sells it though.

Never mind all of the "Wow, so accurate!!" comments I've seen about it.
    Without context, i can't imagine finding this 'accurate' or 'relatable'.

i find i feel sorry for kid with the tie, and dislike Hatoko.  She's crying, so i guess she's upset, but that tirade seems like just about the cruellest thing you could say to a person.

i mean yikes.  If talking about things she doesn't care about elicits that kind of rant, no wonder he didn't want to explain what his friend was texting about!
    i thought it was kind of funny if you take it as the writer being incredibly bitter about modern anime but i don't know/really care about the character context
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    oh, i didn't think to look at it from a metafictional standpoint

i don't watch a lot of current anime so i guess i just don't get it
    Yeah, it's meta, as I've outlined earlier. Apparently context makes this layer clearer, but again: Not my kind of show otherwise.
  • kill living beings
    everything becomes f is on the borderline between cliché mystery and actually interesting

i will see how it goes
  • i suddenly felt like watching Tokyo Ghoul again

and i got to the "ah oh no i cant eat human food" scene and for some reason i started laughing hysterically
  • i turned it off, just not in the mood
  • I picked up The fourth volume of Mater Keaton while on vacation and I had to remind myself that this was written during the late 80s/early 90s when I saw references to Margret Thatcher and The Troubles. Like, oh yeah, those were current events when this was written.