The Landfill of the Heapers' Hangout (contains Fossilmaiden's Punnery)

Comments

• edited 2015-05-28 03:21:51
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Acererak: I hope someone told tough guy there to do his own damn torture (and not to be surprised if he ends up in jail for it, too, because actions have consequences).
  • I met glenn irl today. It was fun. :3

d'awwww :)
  • Goddamn it, I am soooo tempted to Slam Jamify some songs for shits and giggles.
  • lee4hmz said:

Acererak: I hope someone told tough guy there to do his own damn torture (and not to be surprised if he ends up in jail for it, too, because actions have consequences).

It's all talk. This was from a CoD discussion.
  • do-it-yourself mad-lib

1. four-letter word
    2. four-letter word
    3. extinct animal

Spoiler:
    HOLY (1)ING (2)
    IT'S A (3)
    HOLY (2), WHAT THE (1)

• My dreams exceed my real life
    Panurge said:

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!

• error on line 2: word has fewer than four letters
    error on line 3: word is not an extinct animal
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    we are the crystal gems

we'll always save the day

and if gmh thinks we can't

we'll always find a way
  • a giant pile of potatoes
  • edited 2015-05-29 00:07:40
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
  • edited 2015-05-28 21:34:32
    where is olivier messiaen?

where is philip glass?

where is john cage?

where is edgard varèse?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    oh man cattle decapitation
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    where is DDR music?
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    *makes out with Buttwangs*
  • edited 2015-05-28 21:36:06
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    *makes out*
    u///////u
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

brilliant
  • Tekkon Kinkreet => Tekken Concrete
  • no-selling fanservice is FUN
  • So, DBZ Attack of the Saiyans isn't pretty bad. Got a bit of a Paper Mario feel to its combat system, though sometimes my reflexes aren't quick enough and each character is assigned to a different button.
  • “Ok im not a sad little man so maybe use something else next time, sweetie :). But Leorio i’m sorry for all the trouble I have caused. I love you too but you really need a hobby.” Kurapika sits up as well because for some reason he never did and he's just been laying there on the floor. He thinks its about time to do what he’s been waiting to do for a long time. He stands up and wraps the towel around himself and walks over to their shared bedroom. He comes back and hands leorio a tangerine. He’s hidden the last one since their fight. It’s the exact one that hit him in the eye. “babe…………………………..here im sorry i kept this from you all this time..”
  • Leorio looks up, in shock. Multiple tears come streaming down his face as it remained unchanged from the shock expression. He is so happy, so full of life. He does not even have words for this monumental moment in his life so he just stands up, firmly grasps the tangerine, and brings kurapika into a warm embrace. He holds kurapika there for like, i dont know, 25 minutes in silence. It is nice for a while and towards the end is kind of weird.

• Kurapika stays in the embrace but soon gets bored and preoccupies himself with mumbling the donkey kong rap.“...he has no style. he has no grace..this kong has….a funny face” kurapika laughs to himself over this ridiculous rap whilst his boyfriend is doing god knows what with that tangerine. Why did he even give him that. Who knows, but it made leorio happy so it’s alright he guesses.

• edited 2015-05-30 18:02:05
    * computer: store-bought laptop
    * processor: Intel processor
    * graphics card: Intel integrated HD graphics
    * mouse: some Microsoft five-button mouse that I picked up used about 10 years ago; wheel is sticky but can still be clicked to act like a middle mouse button
    * keyboard: an HP PS/2 keyboard connected via PS/2 to USB converter; keyboard is about 15 years old
    * mousepad: table
    * audio: $30 set of Logitech two speakers and subwoofer, bought a couple years ago
    * display: external Dell monitor, about 22"(?) diagonal, 16:9 aspect ratio, max resolution 1600x900, maybe about 5 years old
  • Expires: Friday 31 December 9999 19:00:01
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    * computer: Clevo white-box gaming laptop
    * processor: Sandy Bridge mobile i7
    * graphics card: Intel HD Graphics and NVIDIA GT 555 M using Optimus, but I usually just use the Intel graphics because they're Good Enough
    * mouse: trackpad
    * keyboard: built-in
    * audio: either the built-in speakers or my Sony studio headphones (if there's enough background noise)
    * display: built-in, CMO 17" full-HD TN panel

* computer: homebrew, Gigabyte motherboard
    * processor: Ivy Bridge i3
    * graphics card: Intel HD Graphics
    * mouse and keyboard: Logitech K400r wireless keyboard with built-in trackpad
    * audio: my ancient (1999!) Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers (shared with the TV)
    * display: my TV (Sceptre 24" full-HD)
  • edited 2015-05-31 02:51:39
    With the exception of operating systems slowing down, fans getting clogged, and Toshiba's hinges being complete shit, the rest of my computer stuff really does practically feel like it can last years upon years.

I mean, this Hewlett Packard keyboard?  We first got this along with this HP desktop computer sometime in the timeframe of 1999-2003.  The computer was used mostly by me for high school and my mom used it a little as well.  I can't remember whether that computer was just shelved away and not used again or used for maybe a couple more years (might have been Dad's Dell that was used instead), but the keyboard wasn't much used until I broke the keyboard of my college laptop, around 2007.  Then I got this PS/2 to USB converter and stuck this and also an old PS/2 mouse into it as well.  I know my parents used this keyboard for a while after that -- well either this one or a Logitech keyboard, that stopped working after a while.

Said PS/2 to USB converter's keyboard slot also stopped working around 2009-2012-ish, but eventually another PS/2 to USB converter was bought.  The PS/2 to USB converter's mouse slot still works.  I have it with me.  Though I'm currently using a USB mouse.  This is because the PS/2 mouse I picked up in a computing stuff junk pile no longer works.  It worked for a while.

I also started using this keyboard heavily, as my standard keyboard, maybe a few years ago.  Right now, it basically sees daily use.

This keyboard isn't perfect.  There's a little bit of ghosting then I want to hold a weapon charge, jump, and move up and left press up, left, and like Z and/or maybe X at the same time.  I could actually solve this by remapping the face/shoulder buttons to WASDQE but whatever.  Ironically, my laptop keyboard ghosts those keys but not ZX.  I think.  So if I really want top-notch high-precision controls, I just move over to my laptop keyboard.

But otherwise this keyboard works.  Yeah, some of the letters are worn off, with my heavy use in the past few years.  But considering that I pretty much type by muscle memory these days, this is almost inconsequential.  The space bar is also a little sticky at times, but it hasn't hindered my gaming at all.

I have a backup Gear Head brand USB keyboard that I picked up for $5 a little while ago.  It's still sitting there, new in box.  I also have another PS/2 keyboard for backup, that I picked up from that same junk pile.  I remember testing it and finding that it works as far as I could tell.  When this current one stops working, I'll probably move to that one.  Then the USB one.

Considering how durable these things seem to be, I am probably set as for keyboards for the next 20 years.
  • component 1: "no homo"

component 2: "soho"

component 3: "mo"

results:

noho mo
    so homo
  • conclusion:

Mo, who hails from Noho, is so homo.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    stop making googly eyes at each other, you're sisters, dammit
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    lee4hmz said:

stop making googly eyes at each other, you're sisters, dammit

Frozen?
  • "psychoelectric girl" doesn't fit musically with "major tom"
  • edited 2015-05-31 14:30:00
    > "A Guide to Forum Flags"

more like A GUIDE TO FORUM FAGS AMIRITE??? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL PRACING AROUND LIKE AN IDIOT HALF NAKED IN THE MIDEL OF A RAINSOTTRM 5EDGY7ME 520BLAZEIT YOLO SWAG EBIN :-DDDDDDDD
  • Meanwhile, a door is heard slamming in the distance, followed by the plopping of a semi-soft object weighing around 100-200 pounds onto the ground.  And some moans of pain.
  • "Stop.  Nitpicking.  For.  Political.  Points.  If  you don't stop, I'm going to spit in your face with my mouth full of food."

"Hahaha, that's all you're gonna do?"

"You don't deserve any more effort."
  • Proctor Stocking & Gamble
  • You should not back a kickstarter or buy an early access game UNLESS you can say for sure that EVEN IF the game never gets made your money still did something useful for the world.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Money is worthless in actuality. Should you feel bad every time you buy junk food? Money doesn't do nice things; people do nice things! With money!
  • edited 2015-06-01 01:25:52
    How hard would you study if a good GPA could take you to a sex paradise?

Kazushi and his buddies are fed up with their poor grades and boring high school life.

Just when their sex crave was ready to burst out, they found out about the exchange student program to a girls high school on an isolated island: A ticket to sex paradise!

This seems like a certified bad idea.
  • edited 2015-06-01 02:14:20
    supporting adolescents, and preventing the display of APRs on vehicle archery implements' leases

pro-teens and car-bow-hide-rates
  • so apparently Filthy Frank is an internet persona whose raison d'etre is to be offensive

good to know; i will be duly ignoring him
  • General Video Game of Threads
  • so what is this i'm hearing about game of thrones having poorly-written female characters?
  • Vriska said:

"DO NOT buy this belt or any belt. SMELLS VERY STRONG & TOXIC. Threw my away."

SMELLS VERY STRONG & POISON STING

SMELLS VERY STRONG & ACID

SMELLS VERY STRONG & POISONPOWDER
  • edited 2015-06-01 02:35:43
    the soul survivors on the plane of spirituality
  • LEECH SEED

LEESH CEED

LEESH CEDE
  • by conversation of spelling, LEECH SEED = LEESH CEDE

by conservation of pronunciation, LEECH SEED = LEE'S DEATCH

this obeys neither conservation of spelling nor conservation of pronunciation, but tends toward conservation of phoneme construction: LEECH SEED = LEESH KEYED