I enjoy winter

Maybe it's because I live in a part of the country where it's relatively mild (and by now it usually dies down into a prelude to spring), but still

Comments

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Gotcha.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I must have phrased this poorly

I wanted to see what others here thought about winter
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I like wintry settings. Gives me a reason to dress bulky or bulkier, the #aesthetic is pleasant, it coincides with Christmas which often comes with real pleasant colors floating about, and it just looks really nice. Not sure if it's my favorite - or if I have one? - but I certainly don't dislike it.
  • edited 2017-02-09 23:28:41
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I don't mind a little bit of wintry weather, but in Ohio, it tends to long overstay its welcome.

Snowstorms in early April, for example.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    The winter aesthetic is really nice, but I always associated actually living through winter with something of a sense of ennui, like there wasn't anything fun going on. It makes sense; when you're a kid, you live for holidays, and once you're past Christmas winter has a noticeable dearth of them (aside from the boring ones your parents may or may not get time off for). 

Easter is the first really big holiday after winter, and it just means Memorial Day—and summer—will be here that much quicker.

I don't mind a little bit of wintry weather, but in Ohio, it tends to long overstay its welcome.

Snowstorms in early April, for example.
    Oh those also happen here! Snowstorms in May too!
    lee4hmz said:

The winter aesthetic is really nice, but I always associated actually living through winter with something of a sense of ennui, like there wasn't anything fun going on. It makes sense; when you're a kid, you live for holidays, and once you're past Christmas winter has a noticeable dearth of them (aside from the boring ones your parents may or may not get time off for). 

Easter is the first really big holiday after winter, and it just means Memorial Day—and summer—will be here that much quicker.
    Summer doesn't have its own version of Christmas

Easter is Spring Christmas. Thanksgiving is Autumnal Christmas.
    Halloween is also Autumnal Christmas
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas happen so close to each other that they're merging into one big 3-month-long celebration, it seems like.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    Winter is pretty but also a pain. I am also a reptile and constantly cold no matter how I bundle :(
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Anonus said:

Halloween is also Autumnal Christmas

Wuh?
    oh you know

the excitement, the candy, the bright colors
    When I was a kid I hated Thanksgiving

I felt like it was like a filler holiday
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anonus said:

When I was a kid I hated Thanksgiving

I felt like it was like a filler holiday
    :(
  • I want to see snow.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Lunate said:

I want to see snow.

He's not touring anymore. This is the best you're gonna get 

• I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    Thanksgiving and Christmas are holidays largely devoted to food, which is an idea I can get behind.

Thanksgiving especially.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.

Winter is pretty but also a pain. I am also a reptile and constantly cold no matter how I bundle :(

Yeah, pretty much agreed on there.

I do like the style of my winter coats and hats, but it's annoying that I need to freaking suit up every time I step outside.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I despise winter almost as much as I despise Nickelback