Rogue One spoilers

Comments

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Silly people, Star Wars has been a thing of novels ever since Splinter of the Mind's Eye and the Star Wars Novelization, both of which predated Empire Strikes Back.

Heck, since the novelization of Star Wars came out before Star Wars did, the series has been in novels before movies.

So, there's no reason why novels should smack of revisionism.  If anything, the movies should smack of revisionism.
  • edited 2016-12-27 04:52:53
    Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    "It was like this"

"Actually here's proof that you're wrong"

"Shut up I'm right"
  • I never got the vibe that Galen was a fascist on his own, he was only in the employ of them (against his will, at that).

There wouldn't be much reason for him to even include the flaw in the Death Star's design if he believed in the same philosophy as the Empire, right? Just seems like a weird conclusion to make.
  • edited 2016-12-27 18:42:53
    Well it seems as though he worked for them willingly at first. The particulars of why he did that are not made clear in the movie itself, really. Maybe he believed in their cause, maybe it was "just work", whatever. I guess based on this Facebook comment the supplementary material suggests something more like the latter, where he didn't mind working for them but ran off when they started making him work on weapns, or something like that.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I saw him as something like Wernher von Braun.
  • Bunny said:

"It was like this"

"Actually here's proof that you're wrong"

"Shut up I'm right"
    US elections 2016
  • every US election ever?