Google Sketchup!

edited 2012-04-20 00:32:26 in General Media
Does anyone else use Google sketchup, to either help build model structures, or help people animate a cool intro for YouTube?

I think, that Google sketchup is a pretty self explanatory program for people who are into film-making and stuff because it lets the user do whatever he or she really wants. I know other programs are better but who can complain with something simple, and free? I sure won't complain, i have made a few test intros for YouTube and am getting the hang of it!

Just curious does anyone else use Google sketchup?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • it's too COMPLEX

i am not worthy
  • edited 2012-04-20 04:37:51

I thought Sketchup is like a pretty bare-bones (well, it is freeware) 3D CAD program. Of course, I train to become a technical draughtsman, so that's not surprising. Actually, the only reason I know it, is because a teacher here told us about it.

Yet, I find it harder to use than Inventor, a professional 3D CAD program.

• I wish I could go back in time and slap myself.
    ^^My sister was pro with it when she was eight.

Just sayin'

• I actually could do stuff with it when I was 10, but now... nope.
  • The fuck, that thing is from 2000? I thought it's a pretty recent thing, not older than maybe three/four years.

Granted, not learning about it since fairly recently has something to do with that.
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-04-22 12:00:31
    ...Dude, I'm only 15.

SketchUp was introduced in 2006. Wait, nope, never mind. Wow, it is old. It became Google SketchUp in 2006, hence my mistake.