2. All those fitness people on Instagram
3. Pewdiepie
4. Darksyde Phil
5. Every Vine star
6. Tweet of God
7. The Fat Jew 

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life
    I would rate The Fat Jew waaaayyyy lower but I could only think of seven.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I have no idea who that is.

The handle Darksyde Phil has come up before but I remember little save a vague unease.
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    Professional joke thief.
  • edited 2016-06-28 16:55:01
    My dreams exceed my real life

I have no idea who that is.

The handle Darksyde Phil has come up before but I remember little save a vague unease.

Perhaps you do not recognize the name of "The Fat Jew" because it was not preceded by, or followed by, the words "Joke Thief

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    What about that one YouTube guy who fell into a week-long depression because Fluttershy was mean?
    Mysterious Mr. Enter?
    He just seems like an oddball, and not an outright asshole.

Well, I mean Darksyde Phil is an asshole, but I think he honestly genuinely has something actually wrong with him.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    . . . wasn't she only mean because of a curse or something, and back to normal by the end of the episode?
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Mysterious Mister Enter is a strange person who confuses me.  
    Regarding the joke thievery: What's almost worse is, he mostly cribbed really ehhh jokes. He's riding off portraying other people's dubious senses of humour as his own, sometimes in ways that don't even make sense. (Actually, the least sensical for him to steal were the funniest: The comic, the 911 call and the lion gag.)
    IDEOTV did an episode on his book, and he is also the kind of person who harshly judges women's bodies while being someone who openly refers to himself as "The Fat Jew"
  • edited 2016-06-28 21:48:08
    social media stars i don't care about, ranked

1. raocow
    2. pewdiepie
    3. that one guy who was screaming while let's playing gurumin
    4. everyone else whom i can't even name because i care too little about them to even know their names
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

What about that one YouTube guy who fell into a week-long depression because Fluttershy was mean?

you keep talking about this but like you never link me those videos
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anonus said:

you keep talking about this but like you never link me those videos
    I don't think I ever actually saw that particular video, honestly
  • edited 2016-06-29 17:01:34

social media stars i don't care about, ranked

1. raocow
    2. pewdiepie
    3. that one guy who was screaming while let's playing gurumin
    4. everyone else whom i can't even name because i care too little about them to even know their names

incidentally this is ranked in the order of caring about them

if i ranked them in the order of preference, from most preferred to least preferred, it'd be:

0. not having these things in my life anyway
    1. raocow
    2. everyone else
    3. pewdiepie
    4. that guy who was screaming at gurumin

SUCK IT, Y'ALL 凸凸凸 *aggressivelynotcaring.dll*

• SUCK IT, Y'ALL 凸凸凸 *aggressivelynotcaring.dll*

what offends me is not that you don't care about these people, it's that you think this would offend me.

seriously man how utterly fucking stupid do you think we all are? It's insulting is what it is.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I feel like glenn's doing that thing where he broadly talks about people, like the times where he'll rail on something we all agree with and has on occasion led to confusion, but I could be wrong.

Though the undercurrent is... silly, to me.
  • edited 2016-06-29 23:10:34
    Jane said:

SUCK IT, Y'ALL 凸凸凸 *aggressivelynotcaring.dll*

what offends me is not that you don't care about these people, it's that you think this would offend me.

seriously man how utterly fucking stupid do you think we all are? It's insulting is what it is.
    this isn't about you specifically, this is just me letting out steam in a relatively non-hurtful way by hurling insults at a wall

specifically in this case, said "steam" my feeling of mild resentment against the phenomenon of social media stars, which i have some dislike for on principle because a lot of people are doing it not to show off stuff they like/made/etc. but merely to get attention and basically act as brand marketers (albeit for a brand of their own) for the sake of getting attention/marketing their brand, itself
    Crystal said:

I feel like glenn's doing that thing where he broadly talks about people, like the times where he'll rail on something we all agree with and has on occasion led to confusion, but I could be wrong.

Though the undercurrent is... silly, to me.
    yes, it's shadowboxing against people who aren't here and aren't the direct audience here, i'll admit it
    It's probably best to just say that upfront, though. You have this unfortunate penchant for being cryptic and oblique in response to situations that require a certain amount of directness, and it makes you seem glib and flippant when not obtuse.

I mean, I agree that "social media fame" as an end in itself is dubious, but you didn't say that or frame the sentiment clearly and it came off as vaguely passive-aggressive, which happens a lot.
  • edited 2016-06-30 00:20:48

It's probably best to just say that upfront, though. You have this unfortunate penchant for being cryptic and oblique in response to situations that require a certain amount of directness, and it makes you seem glib and flippant when not obtuse.

I mean, I agree that "social media fame" as an end in itself is dubious, but you didn't say that or frame the sentiment clearly and it came off as vaguely passive-aggressive, which happens a lot.
    Sorry.  If you ask me to explain myself i will try my best to do so though.

I thought the strikeout was enough to indicate that that bit shouldn't be taken seriously, but I guess I should be clearer in the future.
    if you hadn't struck it out, it would have come off as unusually rude, weirdly so

struck out it looks passive-aggressive
  • Tachyon said:

if you hadn't struck it out, it would have come off as unusually rude, weirdly so

struck out it looks passive-aggressive

passive-aggressive against someone here, or passive-aggressive as in grumbling about something distant?
    in the absence of clarification, i'd normally assume a post made on this forum is directed at people on this forum
  • edited 2016-06-30 00:35:37
    Tachyon said:

in the absence of clarification, i'd normally assume a post made on this forum is directed at people on this forum

wait is this why people jump on me like mad when i make "people who" threads?  because iirc for a good number of them i'm actually complaining about something that isn't happening here, but only doing my complaining here because it's inappropriate elsewhere
    i don't think so?

'people who' threads were a thing on IJBM and i remember people got annoyed with them but i can't remember specifically why

was it that it's vaguely defined and comes off as sort of stereotypical/judgy?
    That's part of it.

The other issue is that if it doesn't apply to anyone here and doesn't have any context then it's just incomprehensible. Which is a bad combination with "obvious insulting *someone.*"
  • ^^ Well, that too, yeah.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Presumed passive-aggression at Heapers combined with a lack of clarity, be it based in context or framing or something else.