Proof the video game industry is stagnant and decaying

Nobody has made a spiritual successor to Actraiser or EVO: Search For Eden that isn't Spore.

Comments

• Actraiser isn't...really like Spore.
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    Nobody's translated Racing Lagoon either. This is a travesty.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Acererak said:

Actraiser isn't...really like Spore.

not plotwise no
  • A real spiritual sequel to Actraiser would have preserved the Christianity theme...

Christian games would be your best bet if they had any grasp of subtlety or nuance at all.
  • Trigun is still the best Christian-themed piece of media I've ever seen. It deals with moral issues that the others are too afraid to do, and retains all the important moral stuff while not being ham-fisted in its Christian metaphors.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Moral Orel might be too atheist to some, but I personally really liked how that show addressed the full moral implications of its premise.

Moral Orel might be too atheist to some, but I personally really liked how that show addressed the full moral implications of its premise.

I don't think that's entirely true, some of the most sympathetic characters (Orel and Reverend Putty) were still Christians by the end.

I don't think that's entirely true, some of the most sympathetic characters (Orel and Reverend Putty) were still Christians by the end.
    Yeah, that's true and I agree.

I was just saying that I can understand if it's too hard for a devoted Christian to get past the first part of the series to come to understand the show's really against hypocrisy, not religion.
  • I read some summaries of Moral Orel and it sounds like a horrendously American show.
    Understandable.
  • edited 2016-02-10 16:36:34
    Like...you know how Breaking Bad is completely plausible in America, but nowhere else? It's like that. The soap opera-like lives of adults is by no means tied to a specific culture, but all the themes in this are very American in origin.
    And it's about the type of Christianity that mainly exists in America.
  • edited 2016-02-10 17:16:22
    The particularly venomous and harmful breed of Christianity that metamorphosed to its current form in America, and is now being spread throughout the world because of American cultural hegemony?
    Yes
  • Oh yeah, definitely.

You guys* had this Victory thing that you brought over here, which was Christianity and rock-n-roll. It was very...bizarre, being in one of their masses.

* I am using "you guys" here casually and do not hold any American posters here morally responsible for this.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Quite a bit of American Christianity (particularly the conservative types that make the news all the time) is tied into the politics of the Old South, and so if a revival seems more like a political rally, that would be why.
    Wait what does this have to do with EVO: Search for Eden or Actraiser?
  • You're right. Let's talk about those instead.

Did you like how Illusion of Gaia/Terranigma sort of used historical stuff to back up their world-building in the same way Fate used myths? 
  • edited 2016-02-10 17:44:21
    We can do anything if we do it together.

Wait what does this have to do with EVO: Search for Eden or Actraiser?

I was going off of Ace's Trigun talk since Moral Orel immediately comes to mind when I think of religious issues handled in a non-obvious way. I found the tangent interesting, but I understand if you want to get back to the original topic.

I don't know anything about either of those things, so I'll step out and let you get to them.
  • Energy Breaker needs a re-release.