ITT: We eat a delicious bowl of cereal

edited 2012-03-24 07:28:10 in General
*opens box of Quaker oatmeal squares*
Tagged:

Comments

• Holy part of a balanced breakfast, Batman!

• I wish I could go back in time and slap myself.
    No tropical oils? But what if I like the taste of sunshine?
  • edited 2012-03-24 12:25:18

"Here's your half of the sunshine acid. EAT IT."
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Next thing you know...

LIZARD ORGY!
  • Well, that was fun.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    -eats cocoa puffs-
  • edited 2012-03-24 13:41:04

Because nobody would ever guess that Cocoa Puffs is a *gasp* corn cereal otherwise.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Yum, cereal. (goes to the cereal dispensers to get Rice Krispies)

Hey, how come there are Cocoa Puffs mixed in? Oh, well. (eats malformed cereal hybrid)

(Yes, this actually happened to me once in my school cafeteria.)
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
  • Oops, sorry, I forgot. Cereals don't contain actual marshmallows, just pieces of artificially-sweetened styrofoam.

JJJJJJPPPGGGG!!!!!!!
  • edited 2012-03-24 17:19:02
    I wish I could go back in time and slap myself.
    "Ew, marshmallows."

I hit "random" and began scrolling down for five minutes, until I realized that it loads more every time you reach the bottom.

• edited 2012-03-24 17:41:32
    I hit "random" and began scrolling down for five minutes, until I realized that it loads more every time you reach the bottom.

Oh, and on the subject of cereal...muesli!
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I thought it was supposed to be Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs.
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    HOWWW HEAVY THIS SPOON
  • ...Ralston?

Ralston, as in Purina?

Who would eat that?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Ralston/Ralcorp makes human food; for many years they were the manufacturer of Chex and Cookie Crisp before selling them to General Mills.

And Purina is a part of Nestlé now.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    And the part of Ralston that was left over from all that continued to make generic cereal for years, and actually bought Post from Kraft not too long ago.
  • Oh, okay.

...Ralston is still a weird name.
    ^^And then spun it off again!
  • Gawd, spun off twice? It's like nobody wanted it or something.
    For some reason Kraft seems soulless to me.
  • I think those conspiracy theories about their pasteurized processed cheese product not actually being cheese might actually be right.

But Kraft aren't as robotic as ConAgra though.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I associate ConAgra with Chef Boyardee, for some reason.
    My dad had a prominent dislike of ConAgra. I can't remember why, probably allegations of genetically-engineered food.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I've always found it amusing that Chef Boiardi found it necessary to spell his name as "Boy-Ar-Dee" for Americans.
    ConAgra just seems...invisible. Like they don't even have a body, much less a soul. Maybe it's because we just don't buy much brand-name stuff anymore, maybe it's because their brands are somewhat dowdy compared to the Heinous Batterwitch's stable (canned tomatoes and peanut butter don't go over as well with the kids as sugar cereal and cake do, though ConAgra does have hot cocoa).
    For some reason I thought of Hunt's ketchup, which I don't recall ever having around my house.
  • edited 2012-03-25 01:50:46
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    As for why people wouldn't like ConAgra, it might have to do with Beatrice and the financial shenanigans that went on in the 1980s. I would not be surprised if a lot of individual investors took a bath due to all that.

Also, the last time I bought Hunt's ketchup, it was OK but not great. For years, it was the ketchup McDonald's used, which I found out much later on. I'm not sure who makes their ketchup now, though I rememebr seeing "QUAKER OATS" on a polybag of it once, years ago.
  • edited 2012-03-25 01:52:39
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Yeah, because the only people who win on those are the people selling the junk bonds. 2008 taught us that. :o
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Yummy...Cinnamon Toast Crunch! :)
    Just reading a little about leveraged buyouts on Wikipedia made them sound inherently risky.
  • edited 2012-03-25 02:28:18
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 2012-03-25 02:33:55
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    They are. Buying anything on borrowed money involves a certain amount of risk, and that risk just increases the more money you borrow. Eventually, something has to give, and it's not uncommon to find people just going ahead and helping themselves to some of the money, which is where Michael Milken and Bernie Madoff got in trouble.

Not only that, but 2008 was special in that the risk was polynomial -- people were sold high-risk loans with no (or very few) questions asked, then the high-risk loans were repackaged into junk bonds and used to perform high-risk transactions. Then when people started losing their houses, the bonds became worthless, the bottom fell out and a whole bunch of people were suddenly broke.
    ...you have a much better understanding of this stuff than me.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ "Originally known in Swiss German as Birchermüsli or simply Müsli, the word is an Alemannic diminutive of Mus which means Mouse and has nothing do with the Old english word Moose."

This amuses me
  • Vampire Lady of Corvidia

(The other Jane)
    I usually go with corn flakes

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Froot Loops