itt: you are forced to remember red dwarf season 8

Ludovico technique dot png

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    meh

i vaguely remember finding parts of season 8 funny when i was younger but that may have been only in relation to the extreme tedium of much of season 7

although season 7 at least had the rimmer munchkin song
  • The only thing I remember about season 8 was Rimmer kicking Death in the balls.
    that was a good moment, actually
    i am easily amused
  • I have never seen Red Dwarf and am not entirely sure what it's about

it's like a parody of Star Trek right?
    It's a slacker sitcom, IN SPACE!

They did parody Star Trek at times, but mostly it's its own thing.  The science fiction is more often used to create funny situations, rather than to parody other shows.
  • its a sci-fi sitcom that doesnt really rely on parody, though it does that sometimes

it was well written and reasonably clever, with very distinctive worldbuilding going on

after season 6 there was some sort of shuffling of personnel in the writing department and season 7 was kinda boring and then season 8 was a trainwreck of multi-part episodes full of dumb, gross and non-functional humor and shoddy CGI
    this was my fave scene (from season 4 i think?)

endless recursion of time before there was endless recursion of time
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I stopped watching at Season 7, because I heard Season 8 was really bad.

This is unlike Twin Peaks, where I'd heard that the latter half of season 2 was really bad, but I wanted to see the beloved final episode and the movie.

So I had to suffer through Windom Earle's antics, the rare endangered Pine Weasel, and James Hurley off fucking around outside Twin Peaks doing God knows what.
  • kill living beings
    holy shit i'm remembering things i haven't seen

i'm a fucking seer!
  • The Mysterious Ballerina and her Tree Stump Ghosts
    I was actually rewatching Red Dwarf. Except season 6, because I'm not that far gone yet

Maybe Starbug actually does explode at the end of the season and that 'To Be Continued' shall never be fulfilled