straight people

There have been rumors about James Franco’s sexuality for years but the 36-year-old actor has finally set the record straight.

The "127 Hours" star was asked to interview himself for the upcoming edition of Four Two Nine magazine and he took the opportunity to clear up any confusion about his private life.

“Are you f---ing gay or what?” he asked himself.

To which he responded, “Well, I like to think that I’m gay in my art and straight in my life”.

“Although, I’m also gay in my life up to the point of intercourse, and then you could say I’m straight. So I guess it depends on how you define gay.

“If it means whom you have sex with, I guess I’m straight. In the twenties and thirties, they used to define homosexuality by how you acted and not by whom you slept with.

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    uh

ok
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    So there actually ARE people who try to pretend they're queer because they think it makes them look cool?

I thought that was just a stereotype made up by people who wanna bash Tumblr teens.
  • kill living beings
    that is the opposite of the Kinsey scale
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    because there are no straight guys who are vaguely effeminate or anything, I mean, that would just be wrong
  • While we're on the topic of silly ways to use LGBT terms, what's up with metrosexuality?

I get what it is, but why make it a sexuality? It's an expression of gender, you bourgeoisie amateurs.
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    str8 ppl
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

While we're on the topic of silly ways to use LGBT terms, what's up with metrosexuality?

I get what it is, but why make it a sexuality? It's an expression of gender, you bourgeoisie amateurs.
    It's because it rhymes with "heterosexual" if you don't know how to pronounce "heterosexual".
  • While we're on the topic of silly ways to use LGBT terms, what's up with metrosexuality?

It's because it rhymes with "heterosexual" if you don't know how to pronounce "heterosexual".
    het-ter-oh

met-ter-oh

they rhyme?
    people assume that gender and sexuality are so closely linked that any divergence in gender expression must have sexual connotations, or, something.
  • or

het-troh

and

met-troh

either way, they rhyme lady
    het-ter-oh

met-troh

"het-troh" and "met-ter-oh" are WRONG
  • het-ter-oh

met-troh

"het-troh" and "met-ter-oh" are WRONG
    u what
  • kill living beings
    i think "metrosexual" was a term coined to mimic "homosexual" without the idea that other whatever-sexuals would be valid words.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Gay folks are cool in Hollywood.
  • gay people are cool everywhere

straight people are massively basic everywhere
    I dunno man, there are some places where being gay can be decidedly detrimental to one's well-being.
  • doesn't stop you from being cool
    MachSpeed said:

Gay folks are cool in Hollywood.

I dunno man, there are some places where being gay can be decidedly detrimental to one's well-being.

in those places they say that "Hollyweird" is trying to destroy the Real America
  • the real america is cool

they have guns

and real genuine home cooking just like mom did
  • whereas hollywood has

James Franco

idk some other fucknuts

food that costs too much
  • basically what im getting at is that real america has the stronger aesthetic
    hollywood has the master copies of my favorite hanna-barbera cartoons that warner bros. needs to hurry up and put on DVD or something
    I'm not a huge fan of either, really
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    i still refuse to believe that james franco exists
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    He's not straight because he identifies as gay. He's transgay, clearly.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Straight people got

no reason

straight people got

no reason

straight people got

no reason to liiiiiiivvvveee
  • naney said:

gay people are on cool everywhere

straight people are massively basic everywhere

Panurge said:

Straight people got

no reason

straight people got

no reason

straight people got

Agreed op.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

So there actually ARE people who try to pretend they're queer because they think it makes them look cool?

I thought that was just a stereotype made up by people who wanna bash Tumblr teens.
    You forgot about David Bowie. :P
  • Vampire Lady of Corvidia

(The other Jane)
    I recently had a dream where I was having intercourse with David Bowie.
  • I had a dream last night where I was having dinner at a small town diner called Bert's (which is real) with MF DOOM and they didn't have Dr. Pepper and he was really mad about it.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Straight people are clearly a metaphor for the crushing futility of doing taxes.
    Panurge said:

Straight people got

no reason

straight people got

no reason

straight people got

I thought of this too

yntkt
  • The Mysterious Ballerina and her Tree Stump Ghosts

You forgot about David Bowie. :P
    I remember hearing about Graham Chapman laying into Bowie for that, which I found weirdly jarring since I don't really think about them being contemporaries.

I also just don't think about them all that much, so there's that
  • ok at the risk of being overly blunt

didn't Bowie like

fuck Mick Jagger?
  • I feel like that means he's bisexual, most likely.

you know?
  • last i heard that was a rumor thing that floated around for a while
  • The Mysterious Ballerina and her Tree Stump Ghosts
    Well, Graham Chapman did retreat into this weird sort of 'traditional British masculinity' (such as taking up pipe smoking) after coming out, to distance himself from the 'feminine' connotations of homosexuality, so take that as you would
    My understanding is that Bowie experimented with bisexuality (both privately and as an "image" thing) but ultimately is, for all intents and purposes, heterosexual.
  • Bisexual chic is a thing, unfortunately.  It tends to be a disservice to...just about everyone, really, regardless of orientation.
  • Vampire Lady of Corvidia

(The other Jane)
    I'm pretty sure I'm bi, but sometimes I worry that I'm just fooling myself, being a virgin and all, and am not 'bi enough'
  • That's silly

Even before I turned in my V-card I knew I was bi
    I am not bi