Disney basically invented licensed merchandise but so much of it seems so junky

Comments

• it doesn't help that a lot of the official promotional/licensing artwork of the Disney Animated Canon characters that isn't airbrushed to death is awkwardly and unappealingly "simplified"
  • Party like it's 1984
    as a sophisticated young lady, I despise Disney and prefer the works of James Joyce
  • edited 2015-01-22 06:18:16
    BEWARE OF GRRL!

as a sophisticated young lady, I despise Disney and prefer the works of James Joyce

i prefer intellectually stimulating fare such as Quick Draw McGraw to most of their fairy tale movies (that I've seen) at least
  • as a sophisticated young lady, I despise Disney and prefer the works of James Joyce

why do i hear "james joyce" and i think "pretentiousness"?

i mean, "pretentious" (and its derivatives) is a word i very rarely use, period
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    because you're a goddamn anime fan
  • people who call things pretentious are inevitably horribly boring
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I guess I'm boring, then.

Not that I don't understand disliking such terms, but I've rarely cared for the responses to them either.
  • i do think there are pretentious things out there *hackcoughtoolhackcough* but im really not a fan of how liberally and damningly people use the word
  • edited 2015-01-22 23:27:13
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I find the phrases to have reasonable merit when applied cautiously, but not the be-all-end-all critiques in and of themselves. Although that applies to about anything you could make into a one-liner. So pretty much agreed.

Never cared for Tool though, in any degree.

v That's fair.
  • I think a lot of stuff people write off as pretentious is more stuff that tried to hit big ideas and missed by a bit. Which I think is a totally different thing.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Things aren't pretentious. A thing is what people make of it.

People are. People are so fucking pretentious.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

wut

you heard me