A tweet so good it deserves its own thread.

edited 2013-09-30 18:20:00 in General

I definitely think I preffered when the games industry was arrested at the mental age of 7 instead of 17...

Tagged:

Comments

• moviebob seems pretty dumb to me tbh, and this tweet is no exception
  • edited 2013-09-30 18:24:29
    spinor said:

moviebob seems pretty dumb to me tbh

...why?

He honestly seems to be one of the more intelligent, reasonable, levelheaded video game/movie critics to me.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    eh.
  • Kexruct said:

spinor said:

moviebob seems pretty dumb to me tbh

...why?

He honestly seems to be one of the more intelligent, reasonable, levelheaded video game/movie critics to me.
    these statements are not mutually exclusive you know
  • The sadness will last forever.
    he sucks
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Wasn't he the guy that likes Other M but hates Metroid Prime for the sole reason of it being an FPS?
  • edited 2013-09-30 18:34:02
    I agree with this tweet when it comes to aesthetics, and to some extent, premise.
  • Wasn't he the guy that likes Other M but hates Metroid Prime for the sole reason of it being an FPS?

According to the people who hate him, yes. I honestly haven't seen any of the videos where he's expressed these viewpoints but I have yet to see him say something as unreasonable and ridiculous as his hatedom seems to think he says on a regular basis.
    Okay, "hates" is a rather strong word but yeah
    It starts at 4:09
  • Doesn't it strike you as a tad unfair to glean the quality of someone's entire body of work based on a single video that person made almost two years ago?
    Maybe.
    But I really fucking like Metroid Prime
  • And I hated The Great Gatsby, but even if I disagreed with his opinion on that movie, I think it's kind of ridiculous to dismiss all of his opinions and his entire character based on a few opinions he had that I disagreed with.
  • Kexruct said:

Doesn't it strike you as a tad unfair to glean the quality of someone's entire body of work based on a single video that person made almost two years ago?

Honestly, the last time I checked this guy's opinions, they were all ridiculous shit like this one.
  • edited 2013-09-30 19:01:30
    Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    ^^ I was being facetious because you are right about that and I like being a smartass instead of admitting I am wrong.
    But still I don't like this guy too much. Don't ask me why because I don't know
  • spinor said:

Kexruct said:

Doesn't it strike you as a tad unfair to glean the quality of someone's entire body of work based on a single video that person made almost two years ago?

Honestly, the last time I checked this guy's opinions, they were all ridiculous shit like this one.
    When would that be?
  • I never saw The Great Gatsby movie but I hated the book.  And I vaguely enjoyed the NES game.
    Wait there was a Great Gatsby game for the NES?
    Oh I made investigatings and it's not an actual NES game, just a game that looks like one. Fu fu fu
  • edited 2013-09-30 19:07:15
    No. Yes.

damnit i was subjected to ninja
  • edited 2013-09-30 19:26:09
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    In the man's defence, I have seen a few videos that he did on the bigotry in the video game fan community, and while his conclusions would inspire a resounding "well, duh" in people here, his arguments were intelligently presented and appropriately acerbic—what his audience needs to hear, really, if they aren't too thick to parse it.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Most of what I've heard about Moviebob's gamin' opinions is that he really hates that games aren't what they were when he was a child. Also that he wrote a weird book that was basically just rambling about Mario 3's relation to his personal life.
  • Most of what I've heard about Moviebob's gamin' opinions is that he really hates that games aren't what they were when he was a child. Also that he wrote a weird book that was basically just rambling about Mario 3's relation to his personal life.

Most of what you heard is wrong.
    Kexruct said:

Most of what I've heard about Moviebob's gamin' opinions is that he really hates that games aren't what they were when he was a child. Also that he wrote a weird book that was basically just rambling about Mario 3's relation to his personal life.

Most of what you heard is wrong.
    Okay!
  • Getting a little defensive, aren't we.
    Acererak said:

Getting a little defensive, aren't we.

Not really?/speaking for Kexruct.
  • For some reason the formatting of the first post causes it to jut out to the left.

Please don't change this.
  • The thing is; most of the criticisms of Bob Chipman's work aren't technically inaccurate, they're just so exaggerated they might as well have been completely made up.

That also applies to xkcd, now that I think about it.
    Kexruct said:

The thing is; most of the criticisms of Bob Chipman's work aren't technically inaccurate, they're just so exaggerated they might as well have been completely made up.

That also applies to xkcd, now that I think about it.
    His Puppet Master video that a friend showed me got me to watch some Full Moon Entertainment stuff.

But man, that Mario book is weird.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I have seen a few excerpts of said book, and he does indeed come off as excessively invested in a somewhat unhealthy way—or was when the events that the book details transpired.
  • Kexruct said:

And I hated The Great Gatsby, 

Off-topic, but is this a thread where something like "The Great Gatsby" was brought up seconds after Metroid other M and Metroid Prime.

What kind of thread is this. ~ said someone who was watching an elderly woman sew a coat.
  • The recent film adaptation. I guess that wasn't particularly clear.
  • I have seen a few excerpts of said book, and he does indeed come off as excessively invested in a somewhat unhealthy way—or was when the events that the book details transpired.

I haven't read the book but the idea was to give as detailed an analysis of the game as possible.

Kexruct said:

And I hated The Great Gatsby, 

Off-topic, but is this a thread where something like "The Great Gatsby" was brought up seconds after Metroid other M and Metroid Prime.

What kind of thread is this. ~ said someone who was watching an elderly woman sew a coat.
    A troper thread grrrrrr/SA goon
    Kexruct said:

I have seen a few excerpts of said book, and he does indeed come off as excessively invested in a somewhat unhealthy way—or was when the events that the book details transpired.

I haven't read the book but the idea was to give as detailed an analysis of the game as possible.
    Well there's your problem.
  • Kexruct said:

Well there's your problem.
    That I haven't read the book or that he wanted to give a detailed analysis of SMB3?
    The former.
  • Yeah, I figured. But seriously, do I really have to put up a "my opinion holds literally no weight and I am the worst kind of garbage for offering it regardless" disclaimer just because I lack the means to get the book yet? I get that my opinion won't be as valuable without actually having read the book but I don't understand why that means I can't say anything about it. 

/defensive
    Kexruct said:

Yeah, I figured. But seriously, do I really have to put up a "my opinion holds literally no weight and I am the worst kind of garbage for offering it regardless" disclaimer just because I lack the means to get the book yet? I get that my opinion won't be as valuable without actually having read the book but I don't understand why that means I can't say anything about it. 

/defensive
    Uh?

No?

yes?

Maybe?

It's just an internet person, dude.
  • KJIKJI
    Yeah... yeah!!! hell yeah!!!
    The Great Gatsby is probably the greatest book ever written and most people who talk about things on the Internet are stupid and wrong, including me.