What do Givenchy, Gucci, Prada and Versace have in common?

edited 2013-09-28 19:55:45 in General
They're all hideously expensive and do a wonderful job of showing that you have absolutely no fashion sense!

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    what about louis vuitton
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I wear clothes from Walmart and Costco. 

WH4T NOW?
  • Louis Vuitton is ok mostly except for those omnipresent logo prints which are tacky

side note: there was at least one girl at my high school who wore a hijab w/ that print.
  • I wear clothes from sources I don't even remember.
  • I never really did designer clothes until my dad spoiled me this year at Massimo Dutti.  I'm not usually one for designer gear, overpriced bs.  

But Massimo Dutti is my style of clothing down to the last accessory.  I felt a bit guilty spending $350 on a leather jacket or $150 on a silk blouse but JHC, they feel sooooo good.  The stitching is perfection. 

I have cheaper clothes but they only tend to last a few years before they damage with wear.  Because of the cost of designer gear, I gently wash and air dry everything.  I know they'll last for a long time.

So although designer gear may cost more it pays for itself in the long run.

Would I spend $400 for a pair of Jimmy Choos though?  Fuck no.

• i'm not hating on designer clothes in general, it's just these specific brands that get bandied about a lot, have obscene prices and are covered with garish branding and/or tacky designs.
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens

I never really did designer clothes until my dad spoiled me this year at Massimo Dutti.  I'm not usually one for designer gear, overpriced bs.  

But Massimo Dutti is my style of clothing down to the last accessory.  I felt a bit guilty spending $350 on a leather jacket or $150 on a silk blouse but JHC, they feel sooooo good.  The stitching is perfection. 

I have cheaper clothes but they only tend to last a few years before they damage with wear.  Because of the cost of designer gear, I gently wash and air dry everything.  I know they'll last for a long time.

So although designer gear may cost more it pays for itself in the long run.

I hear you. It's not about the price tag, but about price per day you wear it before it wears out.

$350 for a leather jacket is pretty reasonable if it'll last for a decade. If you do something crazy like get one made of lamb...