Zelda and feminism stuff

2»

Comments

• edited 2013-09-18 11:14:12
    ^ Yeah, but weren't those techniques largely superficial? I remember beating Vaati really easily without using most of them.

I'd also like to see Zelda fight Ganon using magic, not brute strength. Too many times I've seen Link fight Ganon/dorf on Ganon/dorf's terms, which basically amount to Hit Thing With Stronger Thing. That ruins it for me. I'd like to see Zelda beat Ganon on her own terms, not by relying on the good old Hit Stuff mentality.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    fair point

and yeah, i agree, it would be interesting to fight Ganon using magic.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I always liked that Zelda focuses more on the "adventure" part of "action/adventure" but it still has action. :)
  • Ultimately anything that would make Zelda a protagonist would have people saying it's "not really Zelda", because gamers are more resistant to change than Pat Robertson.
  • gamers are more resistant to change than Pat Robertson.

qft
  • noh puzzel in nu amnesia

iz not real amnesia

fuk u chineseroom deer estehr was hte suk

noh drivebies in nuh saintz ro

fuk u is not real satins ro

and so on.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i do think there's something to be said for maintaining some continuity between titles in the same series

i mean yeah some people don't seem to like any change

but at the other extreme you have people who will dismiss any game that resembles an existing release as redundant
  • edited 2013-09-18 19:05:02
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Of course a politics-sim isn't a Zelda franchise game. But it's a game where the character of Zelda could be explored.
  • I think a game where Zelda is an almost completely nonviolent would be more interesting. In Skyward Sword the implication is that she went through most of her quest using only her wits, and that I find really interesting. The characters of Link and Zelda are mostly undefined, but they do have some universal traits. Link tends to be more straightforward whereas Zelda is more indirect. 
  • Ultimately anything that would make Zelda a protagonist would have people saying it's "not really Zelda", because gamers are more resistant to change than Pat Robertson.

It would also have the devs and the vast majority of other people not caring, because the Zelda fanbase is infamously dumb.
  • noh puzzel in nu amnesia

iz not real amnesia

fuk u chineseroom deer estehr was hte suk

noh drivebies in nuh saintz ro

fuk u is not real satins ro

and so on.

Noh? As in the Japanese theatrical form?