Pokémon

Comments

• image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    I'm still annoyed we didn't get the German name for Honedge. I mean, come on, it's Gramokles.

Also, the correct answer to the above question is Hex 00, image, which evolves by trading from Red/Blue into Yellow, becoming image
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    Heh. Mew would be the only wrong one, regardless of the context of the question.

Arceus is the first to exist in-series. Bulbasaur's the first in the Pokedex. Rhydon was the first created. Mew was created by Arceus.
  • Supposedly Mew was the first Pokemon copyrighted.
  • If the Fairy type is immune to Dragon I will be VERY UPSET
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.

Supposedly Mew was the first Pokemon copyrighted.

Notably, Mew was hidden in the data and only the creator knew of him. Maybe some programmers.

Personally, I don't care if Fairy is immune to Dragon or resists it. I'm sick of how ridiculous Dragons are. Albeit, they could've just severely buffed some ice types, including more resistances, but... I don't mind dragonslaying anyway. XD
  • edited 2013-07-15 13:00:56
    Kexruct said:

If the Fairy type is immune to Dragon I will be VERY UPSET

If GF overdoes it I'll be upset (like, if they make a Shadow Tag user who's Fairy type and has Ice Beam), but right now I'm more annoyed by Outrage being the game's win button.
  • Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Outrage either. But the Dragon type didn't need to be cut down like Psychic did.
  • You know what I think. I think I do not really care about how balanced pokemon is.
  • You know what I think. I think I do not really care about how balanced pokemon is.

You know what I think. I think I do not really care about how balanced pokemon is.

You know what I think. I think I do not really care about how balanced pokemon is.

• edited 2013-07-18 03:12:05
    I have a great idea for some new Pokemon moves.

Instead of having Spikes and Toxic Spikes, the game could have Spikes for every single type. So you'd have Water Spikes, Bug Spikes, Fire Spikes, et cetera. The damage would work like Spikes, but just like Stealth Rock, Pokemon weak to a certain set of Spikes take double or quadruple damage. For instance, with 3 sets of Rock Spikes on the field, Charizard would take 2 * 25% damage, or 100%. Fire Spikes would burn enemies with 3 layers up, Electric Spikes would paralyze, and Ice Spikes would freeze. You could also have 3 layers of every single type up or a total of 51 layers of Spikes!

Good idea y/y

• Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    but naney it would prove the superiority of the master race Flying type
  • Mo' said:

Ah yes, saying things multiple times for emphasis.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
  • awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

FEEELING FFFFAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^^ D'awww.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I caught a shiny Spearow and named it Sun Ona.
    My starter was a Squirtle named Ert.

All of my pokemon are named after heapers and tropers, but spelled backwards. 
  • edited 2013-08-09 02:25:58
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    I have a scyther named tKc Urxek, an Arbok named Ked Ardo, and a Slowpoke named Nap Rugnap (wrong spelling, I know, but the pun with the sleepy slowpoke was too good to pass up.
    (2015 self)
    Icalasari said:

And Joltik

I'm sure I'll warm up to Derpizard the Electric Derpyderp

That's obviously me. I am the derp of pants reptiles.
    (2015 self)
    Kexruct said:

Neato!

Thanks!

-high-five!-
  • edited 2013-08-09 04:27:44
    So Mega Mawile gets a new ability: Huge Power. Assuming the Mega form keeps Mawile's base Attack, it is now the most powerful Pokemon in the game.

I guess it's no less silly than Azumarill and Pikachu being as powerful as Groudon and Rayquaza, but still...huh.
  • So Mega Mawile gets a new ability: Huge Power. Assuming the Mega form keeps Mawile's base Attack, it is now the most powerful Pokemon in the game.

Huh.

With the information currently available to us, yes. But who is to know?
  • Rumor that is unconfirmed but highly likely to be true.

So Mega Mawile gets a new ability: Huge Power. Assuming the Mega form keeps Mawile's base Attack, it is now the most powerful Pokemon in the game.

I guess it's no less silly than Azumarill and Pikachu being as powerful as Groudon and Rayquaza, but still...huh.

Not quite. Deoxys-A has 180 attack, and Kyurem-B matches it at 170. Also, Mega Absol gets Magic Bounce, which is nice.
  • edited 2013-08-09 09:14:45
    Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Acererak said:

Rumor that is unconfirmed but highly likely to be true.

Wasn't it in Coro Coro? That sounds pretty confirmed for me
    It's in next month's Coro Coro, and Bulbapedia are treating it as true.
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu

Yeah, confirmed
  • on one hand my adult self is a bit worried about game balance and thinks they look a bit like digimon

on the other my 8-year-old self is creaming YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS SO AWESOME and rolling around on the floor with joy

• on one hand my adult self is a bit worried about game balance and thinks they look a bit like digimon

on the other my 8-year-old self is creaming YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS SO AWESOME and rolling around on the floor with joy

My reaction exactly.
  • edited 2013-08-09 11:27:29

Not quite. Deoxys-A has 180 attack, and Kyurem-B matches it at 170. Also, Mega Absol gets Magic Bounce, which is nice.
    Huge Power and Pure Power don't double base Attack, they double the Pokemon's numerical Attack. Mawile's max Attack is 295 - Pure Power makes that 590, which exceeds Deoxys-A's 504.

^^^ Those attack animations look so kickass, but is that Mewtwo using Petal Dance or Magical Leaf?

look a bit like digimon

I've read this so many times today that it isn't funny anymore.

Also, relax about game balance. The Mega Whatever is probably going to get a metagame-wide ban if this gets too out of hand, just like Moody.
    (2015 self)

on one hand my adult self is a bit worried about game balance and thinks they look a bit like digimon

My reaction exactly.
    Same here.

look a bit like digimon

I've read this so many times today that it isn't funny anymore.
    i wasnt trying to be funny
    Also, relax about game balance. The Mega Whatever is probably going to get a metagame-wide ban if this gets too out of hand, just like Moody.

true.

also i am pretty relaxed about all of this
  • fuckin quoteblocks, how do they work?
  • i wasnt trying to be funny

No, as in I am really tired of reading that.
  • hmm, i guess a lot of peeps thought that as well then.

(*shrug*)
  • I heard it last gen about Hydreigon and Zoroark. It was old and tired then, it's old and tired now.
  • I'm sorry dude, I'm just kind of sick of it.
    (2015 self)
    I understand, but look at Eevee and Scizor and Quilava and compare them to Hydreigon. Sorry, Hydreigon, but you stick out.
  • That's just a natural result of the series getting more Pokemon.
  • compare geodude, oddish and voltorb to lugia
    (2015 self)

compare geodude, oddish and voltorb to lugia

Not fair, three of those are circles.
  • Aliroz said:

I understand, but look at Eevee and Scizor and Quilava and compare them to Hydreigon. Sorry, Hydreigon, but you stick out.

Look at Stunfisk, Tranquill and Bidoof and compare them to Entei.
    (2015 self)
    Acererak said:

Aliroz said:

Look at Stunfisk, Tranquill and Bidoof and compare them to Entei.

You have a good point.
  • edited 2013-08-13 21:29:20
    You know what fan-favorite, low tier Pokemon really needs a mega form?

pls gamefreak
    You can make him fire/dragon now!
    Though if mega forms are in-battle he'll probably still have the quad weakness to clandestine cobblestones.

(I'll also take Electivire or Ambipom, just to shut up their h8rs at Smogon)