• ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    I hate how you have to save after every movie you make

I'd rather make a whole bunch THEN save >.<
  • Naney said:

Her pockets are ridic

look at them

^ i will have to fix that

She is perfect and I will kick you >:(
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."

finally found a Psychic pokemon, third town in.

I caught a Woobat :D

Would it be within the rules of the challenge to catch an Eevee in Castelia Park and evolve it into Espeon?
  • finally found a Psychic pokemon, third town in.

Would it be within the rules of the challenge to catch an Eevee in Castelia Park and evolve it into Espeon?

I'm not that good at manipulating the friendship meter.

I also caught a Yamask so I'm good for the most part.

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Hey, it's not that hard. All you have to do is walk around in circles for a billion years. :P
  • or win battles
  • news!

1. I caught a Gothita
    2. my Woobat evolved, woooo
    3. why do all of these people with umbrellas have fucking Castforms
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Mojave: Because Castforms are about weather control?
  • finally found a Psychic pokemon, third town in.

I'm not that good at manipulating the friendship meter.

The happiness system is completely revamped from HG/SS. It is now extremely easy for you to get your Pokemon to be willing to die or [censored] for you out of sheer happiness.

Not literally, but you get what I mean. 
  • further news

1. Gothorita and Yamask both evolved
    2. so did Servine. Serperior ftw
    3. god damn it twotyping makes this game so much harder argasgshodgiashdgaosg
    4. Acrobatics is the worst move in the history of fuck
  • fucking christ all of my pokemon keep fainting even when I have type advantages level advantages or in some cases both why is everything's defense so shitty
  • why is every pokeball a fucking Amoongus
  • edited 2013-05-21 18:19:13
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Perhaps you should lay off the shrooms.
  • guys do I want a Litwick

Perhaps you should lay off the shrooms.

fak u
  • I decided that I don't want a Litwick.

also I taught Gothorita Charge Beam for basically no reason.

I wanted to catch an Elgeyem but I couldn't find any :/

• edited 2013-05-22 16:54:04
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    They don't start appearing until you reach the third floor.
  • They don't start appearing until you reach the third floor.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

are you sure they appear in Black 2 at all? Cuz Bulbapedia seemed confused on the issue.

I considered catching a Grumpig in the next town over instead, but that was more a staple for me in third gen (I had one named Hamilton in Sapphire).

• I decided that I don't want a Litwick.

1. it is cute as fuck
    2. Candelure has the highest special attack of any non-legendary in the game
  • I have two slots left. Thinking Elgyem and Driftblim might be good choices to fill it.
    Naney said:

it is cute as fuck
    Candelure has the highest special attack of any non-legendary in the game

I meant that I don't want him in my active party, I caught it anyway.

I had a Litwick in my last playthrough. Although now that you mention it I never evolved him, so maybe I should give that another go instead of doubling up on Pokemon with the Flying subtype.

• edited 2013-05-22 16:58:05
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Naney: On the other hand, it is also ridiculously slow and somewhat weak in defense to compensate for that, making it difficult to train up.

Also, I looked it up on Bulbapedia, and it said Elgyem appears there in all four Gen V games.
  • Naney: On the other hand, it is also ridiculously slow and somewhat weak in defense to compensate for that, making it difficult to train up.

You could probably Magikarp it to train it up.

The speed is a problem though. None of my Pokemon other than Serperior are particularly fast I don't think, Swoobat might be.

Should I post a Pokemon and movelist to make this clearer?

Sure. I'd be glad to give you suggestions.
  • edited 2013-05-22 17:04:58

I never had a problem training one, but w/e

in some amusing news, i wiped the floor with Cynthia yesterday after taking an extended break from playing.

Here's how it went down: First pokemon i sent out was Black Kyurem (lv 73), used Dragon Tail on her Spiritomb, which switched it out for Glaceon i then swapped kyurem for Volcarona (lv 74), used quiver dance 4 times while it used Barrier, and then swept.
    Naney said:

First pokemon i sent out was Black Kyurem
    Legendaries is cheating. :|
  • edited 2013-05-22 17:10:16

cheating at pokemon is srs bsns

tho really i coulda used any pokemon with dragon tail, wouldn't have mattered any, the fun part was the ridiculously one-sided sweep that came after.
  • OK so, Pokemon, stats, and movesets

Serperior (Grass) Lv. 39

ATK 80
    DEF 90
    SPATK. 67
    SPDEF. 81
    SPEED: 98
    Hardy

• Slam 
    • Leaf Blade
    • Mega Drain
    • Coil

Swoobat (Psychic / Flying) Lv. 38

ATK 53
    DEF 63
    SPATK. 71
    SPDEF. 53
    SPEED 94
    Relaxed

• Fly
    • Futuresight
    • Air Slash
    • Heart Stamp

Cofagrigus (Ghost) Lv. 38

ATK 56
    DEF 118
    SPATK. 83
    SPDEF. 101
    SPEED 33
    Sassy

• Will-o'-Wisp
    • Ominous Wind
    • Night Shade
    • Hex

Gothorita (Psychic) Lv. 38

ATK 52
    DEF 61
    SPATK. 75
    SPDEF. 76
    SPEED 52
    Quiet

• Psyshock
    • Futuresight
    • Psybeam
    • Charge Beam

and if we add in my Litwick to the team

Litwick (Ghost/Fire) Lv. 27

ATK 21
    DEF 40
    SPATK. 48
    SPDEF. 35
    SPEED 20
    Quiet

• Night Shade
    • Will-o'-Wisp
    • Flame Burst
    • Imprison

If it helps I can also post what TMs and HMs I've accrued.

• edited 2013-05-22 17:15:48
    Just those 5 so far? I'm surprised.

One thing I will say about Serperior: Leaf Blade is probably going to end up being better than Giga Drain. If you can, I'd replace Giga Drain with Iron Tail or Aqua Tail at the World Championship's Move Tutor (though I understand completely if you don't want to grind the World Championship).

Though just to be forewarned: The strategy I'm proposing is not one I've tried yet. Take it with a grain of salt.
  • Just those 5 so far? I'm surprised.

One thing I will say about Serperior: Leaf Blade is probably going to end up being better than Giga Drain. If you can, I'd replace Giga Drain with Iron Tail or Aqua Tail at the World Championship's Move Tutor (though I understand completely if you don't want to grind the World Championship).

I have Giga Drain on there mostly to minimize potion usage. Money was a problem for awhile, but isn't so much anymore.

I've never done anything with the World Championship so I wouldn't know how to go about doing that.

also I have more Pokemon than that but they're just ones I caught for the dex entries (like Dunsparce) because they're cuties (like Audino) or were given (like Zorua) and they're in my box and not in my active party.

Ah, okay.

From what I've seen on Bulbapedia, you can do it as soon as you go to Driftveil City. It's in the place where Cold Storage was in BW1. But you may also have to intentionally lose to get a ton of shards, so...
  • Ah, okay.

From what I've seen on Bulbapedia, you can do it as soon as you go to Driftveil City. It's in the place where Cold Storage was in BW1. But you may also have to intentionally lose to get a ton of shards, so...
    I know how to get there, I've just never done anything with it beyond what's mandatory.
    It turns out I'm mistaken about the Move Tutors. They're not actually in the World Championship facilities. In fact, they're not even all in Driftveil.

The one who teaches Iron Tail and Aqua Tail is in Lentimas, a town I don't think you're in yet.
  • It turns out I'm mistaken about the Move Tutors. They're not actually in the World Championship facilities. In fact, they're not even all in Driftveil.

The one who teaches Iron Tail and Aqua Tail is in Lentimas, a town I don't think you're in yet.
    I actually just got there, but I flew back to Mistralton for the Elgyem. That's the one that likes Blue Shards, correct?
  • edited 2013-05-22 17:26:58
    Correct. Iron Tail costs 6, and Aqua Tail costs 8.
  • *Ash Ketchum pose*

I just caught Elgyem!

Correct. Iron Tail costs 6, and Aqua Tail costs 8.

oh good. Well, I have one and forget where I got it.

So that's a thing.

Anything in Serperior's level up moveset you'd recommend?

This calls for celebratory music!

• is there any reason for me to not replace Simple Beam with something else? It seems like a very situational move at best.
  • also I don't really understand what the Telepathy ability does.

• edited 2013-05-22 17:35:03
    I never used it myself. You can always go back to the Move Relearner if you really decide you need it, I guess.

Telepathy is more useful in double and triple battles than normal battles. It makes them dodge moves that hit everyone like Surf and Earthquake. Synchronize would probably be more useful, but I'd stick with it anyway now that you've gone through all the trouble.
  • edited 2013-05-22 17:36:02
    Telepathy is only useful in Double/Triple battles. It stops the user taking damage from allies.
  • ah, ok.

Yeah I don't much feel like hunting for another Lv. 30 Elgyem.

In any case I can teach Elgyem Rock Tomb or Charge Beam. Any suggestions?

• edited 2013-05-22 17:37:08
    Charge Beam, hands down. Elgyem's Special Attack is better than its Attack, plus it gets a boost from Charge Beam.
  • good point.

also I thought Elgyem learned Tri Attack for some reason but looking at its moveset it seems to not. Oh well.

• edited 2013-05-22 17:44:51
    Rock type moves bug me really. I mean, it took until Gen V just to get a 100% accurate 50 power move.
  • today we're dancing for no reason

someday we'll disappear for no reason

fuck you

• I don't remember how Pokemon Online works and it's kinda frustrating.
  • well that took longer than it probably should've but I have it set up now.

If anyone wants to play let me know.

• ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Go Gogoat Go!
    Mojave: Hmm... I might be willing to try it out.

Be warned, I am completely new to Pokémon Online, so expect some derp-derp.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗