Siblinghood

edited 2013-01-10 17:15:45 in General
(My brother and I get home from the high school to find my sister and her friend waiting on the porch)

Me: You need to take a key so you can let yourself in.
Sister: Why can't you get here earlier like you did yesterday?
Me: I'm not in charge of when I get here, okay? I gotta wait in line at the school, then wait for the bell to ring, then wait for [Brother] to find my car, then when the cars finally start moving we have to merge like 5 or 6 different rows of cars into one, but even then we can't just leave the parking lot because there are people trying to get out of the other two parking lots too...
Sister: Um, okay
Me: ...so they have the guy with a vest and a wand telling us whose turn it is to leave, then once you actually get to leave the parking lot there's another cop with a vest and a wand telling you when it's your turn to pull out into the street, then you get to the stop sign, which is a pain because everybody has to stop and wait to turn left, unless they live to the right, but nobody lives to the right, so everybody's turning left, then once you get past that stop sign you have to stop at the other stop sign, and that's one's a 4-way stop, so you have to take turns and nobody actually--
Sister's friend: WE GET IT ALREADY.
Me: Oh, okay. Point is, [Sister], take your key next time.

Comments

• I watched a documentary about volcanoes with my little brothers yesterday.
  • edited 2013-01-10 17:25:18

i am currently using my sister as a headrest while she watches Supernatural on her iPod
  • Your sister should have an HH account.

wait you're the one with the amusing sister right.

• she is fairly amusing

but she is also annoying and 12
  • yep, she definitely needs an account here
  • Naney said:

she is fairly amusing

but she is also annoying and 12

I thought she was older than you

nvm

• I have a sister who is older than me. That is why I have a niece who is like 6 years my junior.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    My brother and sister are 16 and 13, respectively.

And no, I don't plan on inviting either of them to the site anytime soon.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    I had siblings but they werent born...does that count?
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens

Siblinghoodie?

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I have no full siblings

Sometimes I wish I did
  • Gilda said:

Siblinghoodie?

why is "Jon" in outline? Is it becuse it's the most common seeming name? Is he the blacksheep?
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    They're custom-printed. Jon's the sibling who bought it.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I have a brother and three step-brothers.
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    Is it wrong if you occasionally forget you have a sibling?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

My brother and I can't agree on what this sign is supposed to depict.

I said it was a child and a parent. He says it's a younger student and an older student.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    It looks like it's saying "Walk on railway tracks." Which is a terrible message for a sign. :|
  • edited 2013-02-07 22:59:44

I agree with your bro

^ It's a crosswalk
    It always looked to me like the figure on the right is holding the arm of the figure on the left, as if he's her father and he's trying to keep her from rushing as they cross the street.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    I've got a gay sis 3 years older than me.

She's completely cool, we get along great and never really fight.
  • edited 2013-02-07 23:49:31
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    My sister refers to me as her sister

Whereas everyone else in my family refers to me as their brother or son

So she definitely gets bonus awesomeness points for that
    It's just sisterly intuition

She knows more than anyone
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I have a younger sister. She's extremely smart, competent and sarcastic. I'm quite proud of her.
  • edited 2013-02-08 00:14:45

Mine is similar, and i am very proud/overprotective of her, but she kinda has self-confidence issues and is a huge bitch half the time and all the other baggage a kid her age has

also she dyed her hair to match Ramona Flowers
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Oh dear.

My sister can be a bit of a pain sometimes. She has this nasty habit of playing attorney anytime I do something that annoys her. It's like she tabulates slights...
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I have a younger sister. She draws and paints and plays video games.

Hooray
    Naney said:

also she dyed her hair to match Ramona Flowers
    She's a keeper
    My sister is 13 and she acts it. But I essentially have the mind of a 13-year-old girl anyway, so we get along well.

My brother is 16, and he's a weirdo loner like me, so we get along pretty well too. Lately I've been forcing Gravity Falls at him and blabbing about MLP while we're in the car.

My brother is 16, and he's a weirdo loner like me, so we get along pretty well too. Lately I've been forcing Gravity Falls at him and blabbing about MLP while we're in the car.
    Does he seem legitimately interesting or is he rolling his eyes and looking uncomfortable
    Legitimately interested in Gravity Falls; rolling his eyes at MLP.

Bizarrely enough, the thing that got him hooked on the former: decoding the hidden messages in the end credits.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    get him hooked on The Ren & Stimpy Show

after I do that to you, anyway
  • Got an older sister (three years older) and an older brother (five years older) . Barely see my sister anymore as she has moved out, but when she comes round, we mostly eat junk food and watch TV. My brother still lives at home as he is doing his second Master's at Sheffield University. We exist on a "grunting" relationship, in which we grunt at each other.

My sister is a 15 year old entity that exists.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i have a younger brother who wants to make video games.  i think you met him, Fossilmaiden?

Currently he dresses like John Egbert and kinda looks like him as well.
    Yeah, we went to the same school. Also the same college.
  • My little brothers are all very little.

Oldest of them is ten. He's really into NERF, and they're all really into Minecraft. The second youngest one also likes boxing games a lot.

They all go to Connections Academy, which is an online-supplemented homeschooling program. After I quit my job, I'm going to be teaching them for most of the day.

I have other siblings via my father's later marriages, but I've never met them.

• edited 2013-02-08 13:34:48
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

My brother has a kinda crapy job doing photo touch-ups with photoshop.

This is kinda a waste of his graphics design major.

But who cares about that shit, he makes just as much money making T-shirt designs and selling them on the inter-butt.

Seriously, just try to tell me this isn't the greatest thing ever: 

• oh yeah that reminds me i was meaning to buy this at some point

I might have to cough up the dough for the Kim Pine shirt.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    My brother told me that he thought he would be an uncle before he would become a father
  • The sadness will last forever.
    My siblings don't even exist.

I'm an only child. Sad.
  • I have two older brothers and an older sister, but I'm an only child at home for a reason.