CHRISTMAS THREAD

edited 2012-12-24 20:44:44 in General

because it's been christmas for 1 hour 45 minutes (or thereabouts) in the UK-land, and since that ia greenwich mean time, you should all obey. it is christmas. deal w/ it

i am pissed on wine

opened presents bevause opening presents on christmas eve/technically christmas day is for winners.

i got shit-tons of thermal undershirts (very okay with this because lancaster is fuckng cold.) and the new GY!BE album and a book of New English And Iish Poets and books about maps and the lake district and a copy of skyrim for xbox 360 so i actually have a game for yhe free xbox 360 that i have had for a few months and done nothing weith. and CHOPSTICK DRUMSTICKS

christmas owns

i have things

bougeois 5eva

Comments

• also  A SILK SHIRT WHICH OWNS
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Cool.
  • i bought my dad Untrue by Burial for xmas because i am the best son ever
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    I gave you all an updated Minecraft Server because I finally got off my lazy ass
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

I love this hymn.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I know the holiday's technically over now, but I'm still curious: What are some of your family's "weird" traditions?

My Aunt Sarah always bakes a homemade lasagna for Christmas dinner, because my uncle's birthday is the 23rd and lasagna is his favorite food. So Christmas lasagna is a staple at our house now.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    My family has a tendency to cook way too much food, so we have a leftover day the day after Christmas.

It's basically exactly the same as Christmas, with all of my dad's extended family meeting up in my Grandma's house to sit around, chat, and play card games.

Of course, the kicker is that by this point we intentionally cook way too much food (especially my Grandma) so we can have enough food for leftover day.

It's fun.
  • edited 2012-12-26 00:27:50
  • Whoops wrong thread.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    My family is the kind of family that would probably do something the day after Christmas if not for the fact that half the adults have to work.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The 26th is a holiday in some of the Commonwealth nations (called Boxing Day), but not much tends to happen.
  • on boxing day we go to see a pantomime. always. theres a theatre near us that does them and gets rave reviews for them every year (they are actually really good)

i dont think pantomime is an american thing. is it? if not you probably simply wont understand. its very much a thing you have to have experienced as a child. as an adult its still good, because you now understand all the dirty jokes

• I got a camera and of course tested it out with pictures of my parents' cat.

• edited 2012-12-26 16:50:31
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I watched a YouTube video of Martin "LittleKuriboh" Billany rehearsing for a pantomime of Aladdin once. Does that count? :P
  • Vriska said:

I got a camera and of course tested it out with pictures of my parents' cat.

whoa that cat has some seriously weirdo eyes
  • Nah her eyes are normal yellow eyes, the weird is from the flash.