Spellblades!

edited 2012-12-14 06:02:08 in General
Spellblades are the bane of wizards and traditional warriors everywhere. Always getting in the way with their newfangled HUEHUEHUE MAGIC SWORDS HUE talk

Stupid spellblades go to hell
Tagged:

Comments

• edited 2012-12-14 06:44:28
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Stop it. 
  • Stop it. 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The heck does spellblades have to do with Touhou?
  • Cream said:

Everything has to do with Touhou.

• Meiling is more of a kung-fu wizard, and none of those other characters are spellblades at all.
  • Spellblades are a D&D class right?
  • edited 2012-12-14 17:39:57
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    A prestige class. Also the main ability of Mystic Knights in FFV.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Spellblades are in a lot of things, honestly

They are also the best possible class in everything ever.
  • no love for the archers??? ;_;
    Alright, archers are pretty cool too. Especially the Arcane variety.

Honestly, my least favorite character class is a straight up mage, because just about anything else is cooler.
  • no fuck you

mages rock
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Then they have to sit in the back row while everyone else resents being their meatshield. And then bad things happen to everyone involved.
  • FUCK YOU GUYS 

Mages are cool

they think of something happening and IT JUST DOES. you know why? MAGIC
    See, the reason why I like spellblades is that when the big bad melee guy comes around, they don't die like a fucking pussy.
  • The big bad melee guy would be too busy being utterly decimated by a highly destructive spell anyways.
  • edited 2012-12-16 10:20:05
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Then it would come down to two things:

a) Whose speed stat is higher?
    b) If the game allows it, does your formation prevent your mage from taking physical damage?

If these things are not in your favor, then SQUISH! Chunky salsa for dinner.

Keep in mind, I'm saying this knowing full well that if I was an RPG character, straight-up mage is the only class I could do halfway competently.
  • Admittedly, the Nuker-type has its flaws. However, I favor it above the others because it usually has the highest damage output

• edited 2012-12-16 11:05:11
    Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Mostly I don't like Mage characters because they just don't feel as much fun. Casting a spell and watching fire rain down from a distance just feels so much more...oh, I dunno, impersonal. Rending flesh with a blade just carries more weight to it, and feels more fun.

And then I like magic knights because they have the best of both worlds. They usually have fun things like firey blades or giant icicle spears, along with a couple useful buffs and heals.
  • It's lots of fun. It feels good to burn your enemies like ants.

I guess it really is a matter of opinion now.
    That's all it was in the first place, to be honest.
  • edited 2012-12-16 11:35:33
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."

That's all it was in the first place, to be honest.

I guess you're right.

Also, why are all mages apparently pyromaniacs? There are plenty of other destructive things you could do with magic. Going by the usual trifecta of magical elements, you could also freeze them (not a big fan of that, though) or electrocute them (given the choice between the three, that's probably what I'd lean towards).

Or if your game's magic system is less restrictive, you could crush your enemies with water or gravity. That sounds nice and creative.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis

I'm wondering if Clevinger can really claim to have copy right on pretty much any part of that picture except maybe "www.nukearpower.com". 
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The text bubble?

The text bubble?

Possibly, but not the contents.

It really is. Built brick by brick joke.
  • edited 2012-12-16 16:42:36

man now i'm thinking about that friend of mine who flipped out about Homestuck's "ART THEFT"

i think if she saw 8 bit theater she'd have an apoplexy