We have Christmas too early

edited 2012-12-04 08:47:45 in General
We should have it on January 25th so we get some proper snow.

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Seems like when I was a kid we usually did have snow on Christmas.

I blame Global Warming, since I know nothing about it.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    I'm hoping it'll snow in Tokyo while I am there

Everyone says this is rather rare, however
  • Global Climate Change might be a catalyst but I simply think it's more that you're rather unlikely to have snow on one specific day of the year in general.

Also the Orthodox celebrate Christmas in January. I forget the specific day though.

• I'm hoping it'll snow in Tokyo while I am there
    I hope you get your snow. I hope you have a wonderful time in Tokyo CF.

I hope it snows here too, the year I left England was the first time it snowed in my home town (since I was a child) that following Christmas and the first year in many that it didn't snow in Portland.  Am I forever doomed to dodge snow?  AM I EFFECTING THE WEATHER????   OH MY GOD, I AM GLOBAL WARMING!
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    Well there won't be Christmas snow in California, that's for sure.
  • I like sunshine on Christmas, it's perfect beer weather.
  • However I would love to play in the snow some time sooner rather than later.  It's going to be great in a few years to have a child as an excuse to be enjoying the snow.
  • snow angels need no excuse
  • I know they don't but it's still a little lonely throwing snowballs at inanimate objects.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Can't you throw snowballs at Justice instead?
  • Hmmm, good point.
  • edited 2012-12-04 14:11:34

Throw snowballs at the baby

• Hmmm, good point.
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens

Hmmm, good point.

He's used to you hitting him, right?
  • Gilda, my child is a girl.

I'm hoping it'll snow in Tokyo while I am there
    I hope you get your snow. I hope you have a wonderful time in Tokyo CF.

Thank you, I appreciate that

Christmas in Tokyo sipping hot coffee and Bailey's, oh man
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    SNOWBALLS FOR EVERYONE!

Portland is weird about snow. I have no idea when we get snow or if to even expect it. I don't think we got any last year.
    I thought the only thing the west coast ever really got was rain
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    It does occasionally snow over here in Portland and Washington and it can get pretty bad.

Basically everything turns into the apocalypse for a while as people who don't have the proper tires and have to drive on hills slide off into other people's cars/houses. 
    @Friday: But if your husband is a girl, I'll be VERY surprised.