Introducing an ALL-NEW fixed-width font!!

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    that's georgia
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Bonus: I thought lowercase m got off too easy so I stretched it the other way:

• vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    Fixed height too
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    bump
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Worth a chuckle.
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    This is a font I probably would have used when I was 12 years old the first time around.
  • edited 2017-12-28 05:11:34
    y'know what's funny?

i once found a monospace font called "monofur" and didn't know it was a furry-themed font until well after I'd been using it for a while, because some of the special characters used pawprints

i don't personally mind them though; it's just that i can't use the font for presentable purposes

but i still like the font; i think it's a good-looking monospace font
  • edited 2017-12-28 05:13:12
    "lunchtime doubly so" is another good monospace font; it's taken from the Terranigma games

it's missing several common special characters though which makes it hard for me to use on a regular basis

fixedsys is probably the best monospaced font that's widely in use
    it's monospace but also easily readable, more so than courier new
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    get one of the linux monospaced fonts, glenn
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    courier new is fine by me

makes me remember the good old days of typing on a typewriter

• edited 2017-12-28 05:58:07
    Calica said:

get one of the linux monospaced fonts, glenn

i should reinstall mint, again for fun

unfortunately i don't really have any occasions that would get me to use it though
  • DejaVu Sans Mono is the font I use for code-related things because it's great.

I'm also somewhat fond of Ubuntu Mono for its height being exactly twice its width, which... is probably not ever particularly useful but is pretty unique.
  • edited 2017-12-28 07:37:13
    Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    i think the latter is actually pretty common for terminal fonts?  and as for usefulness I think it's mostly useful in that emoji and CJK stuff are close to square if not square so they fit in as two characters
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion

courier new is fine by me

makes me remember the good old days of typing on a typewriter

This is not displayed in courier on my phone screen. Not sure what it is, but probably a noto / roboto mono.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    variable-witch font