Funny At Midnight

this is a tag centy sometimes uses on tumblr but to me it sounds like a comedy sketch show

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Or some other cable network's attempt to compete with Adult Swim

Speaking of which, remember TBS's Adult Swim-Lite, "Too Funny To Sleep"?
  • edited 2015-11-22 12:35:48
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    This would be a great name for a late-night programming block of really weird experimental-ish comedies and adult animation, like Jaaaaam or And Yet The Town Moves or whatever Tim and Eric or John K happen to be doing right now, with interstitial sketches of a really sweaty, freaked-out standup comic in a black-box theatre introducing the shows.
    Honestly, John K has seen better days, so ehh
    I am kind of wondering now if one of ABC Warner's cable networks (like TBS or Another Cartoon Network or even Reakt) ought to have a block by this name
  • edited 2015-11-22 12:39:20
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^ I'm aware. But it seems fitting: Insane cartoons by a truly insane person, aired at 3 between disturbing sketch comedy programmes and fucked up mid-'00s SHAFT anime.

^ Not every imaginary thing you or somebody else invents has to be part of your imaginary corporation.
    Well, no, I just wanted to co-opt it
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Co-opting other people's goofy ideas, particularly without asking, is rude in a strange way that I find difficult to describe.

In any case, it really does sound like the name of a thing that would actually be on TV and would probably be way lamer than it sounds but that kills the fun of it so let's stick with it being super weird instead of super tedious.
    Alright.

I don't like you calling my fun thing tedious but ok
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Well that's just how it goes. Different tastes are hardly worth getting worked up over.

This would be a great name for a late-night programming block of really weird experimental-ish comedies and adult animation, like Jaaaaam or And Yet The Town Moves or whatever Tim and Eric or John K happen to be doing right now, with interstitial sketches of a really sweaty, freaked-out standup comic in a black-box theatre introducing the shows.

At any rate, this is more or less what I was thinking but Vash said and put it into words, so.
  • I do not mind Anonus using the name Funny At Midnight for something.

I didn't even really come up with it.
    Yay
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^^^ I wasn't calling what you do tedious, just pointing out that stuff that sounds cool on paper TV-wise tends to be kinda meh in practice more often than not. Don't assume everything's an attack on you if it sounds negative and is in your vicinity.
  • Funny at Midnight Velvet