All of my favorite characters are blatant Expies

Cadpig is a blatant combination of Lisa Simpson with Dot Warner.

Dimentio is a Xerox of Kefka Palazzo.

Comments

• Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    My Erlang Shen is a homage to both Metal Gear's Raiden (and Bladewolf) as well as the rejected concept of Sam Gideon's robot attack dog.

Who cares?
  • kill living beings
    in oldish books a lot of the characters are pretty explicitly just dudes (usually dudes) the author knew irl
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I don't even know people IRL!

So I have to use characters from video games I didn't play or haven't finished!
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    All of my original characters are either archetypes, comments on social/pop cultural trends, or expies.

I'm a hack.
  • why are you so convinced that you're a hack
    Me too!
    Look, you're in a very self-referential medium already. Not being referential means that you don't have your tools with you.
  • edited 2015-11-22 11:59:28
    Anonus said:

All of my original characters are either archetypes, comments on social/pop cultural trends, or expies.

No, that is not a problem at all.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Jane said:

why are you so convinced that you're a hack

low sense of self-esteem, I guess