The cast of Book Of The New Sun as Adventure Time characters

a5a30e7eaeae7e109d132a9b5b5ca87c-d5r2fmd.jpg

Because google searching bears strange fruit sometiems.

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Oh wow.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    There is a severe lack of Dr. Talos and Jonas here.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    I told you about this novel/series/thing. It's wonderfully written, if a bit darker than is to some people's tastes.

Baldanders, the big guy, is delightfully sardonic, by the way. I really need to finish this book...

I told you about this novel/series/thing. It's wonderfully written, if a bit darker than is to some people's tastes.

Baldanders, the big guy, is delightfully sardonic, by the way. I really need to finish this book...

Did you learn what the deal is with him and Dr. Talos?
  • edited 2015-11-17 02:19:27
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I am about halfway through the second of the four books, because after the first my reading energy plummeted for whatever reason.
  • I told you about this novel/series/thing. It's wonderfully written, if a bit darker than is to some people's tastes.

I was mostly wondering what exactly Odie googled to find this.
    "baldanders book of the new sun"
  • Not familiar with these books, but the art makes Severian look a hell of a lot like Tiny after hitting the gym.

I am most amused by this.
    The way he's drawn is shorter and beefier than I pictured him. Although Thecla is really tall by his country's standards because the nobles are kind of freaks; he's tall, but she makes him look kind of short.
  • I'd imagine it's more to keep visual continuity intact, considering the analogue; he wouldn't be recognizable as the books' equivalent to Finn if he were taller.
    Truth.

He is a really interesting protagonist. On paper, the whole exile from the Guild of Torturers thing seems really stereotypically grimdark, but he's a such an interesting and nuanced character, and the Guild are so much more complex an institution in that society than just "an arm of the evil dictatorship, oh noes!" You wind up really feeling for these people who are caught up in a society that puts people into these really complex and uncomfortable ethical positions, and seeing where they come from and why they do what they do.

Also, Severian manages to be frightening and a complete dork at the same time, which is kind of nifty.